XBL sign in/out problem

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by transtrekkie, Jun 25, 2014.

1. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Seriously, when are they going to fix this? This is so damned annoying. I turn on the xbox, it signs me in. I go to games, it signs me out. I sign back in. I go out of games, it signs me out again. I sign back in again. I go to apps, it signs me out again... I think you see where I'm going with this. This problem started after the last XBL update and I would have thought that they would have fixed it by now.

I mostly just wanted to rant, thanks for listening. Also, if you're as frustrated by it as I am, rant on brother!

2. Corgsopal

Corgsopal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Are you on an Xbox One? If so, have you cleared out the cache? That's where you turn it off using the light button on the console, then hold the button for about fifteen seconds after it's off before turning it back on.

3. transtrekkie

360. Do you know if that will work on the 360?

4. Corgsopal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Clearing out the cache should still work on the 360, but it's a different process. You'd go in to settings>system settings>memory/hard drive> highlight your storage device and hit the yellow button. You'll get a pop up menu and clear cache is near the bottom. Clear it three times and then reboot. If that doesn't do it, the next thing would be to delete your gamertag, clear the cache and then recover your login.

5. transtrekkie

Thanks! I'll try that tonight when I get home.

6. Corgsopal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey, did any of this work? Can you stay logged in again?

7. wheelnut

wheelnut Well-Known Member

Dont know what you guys are having a problem with. The only time I get signed out/in is when a game is updated. check your settings or maybe a internet issue.

8. transtrekkie

I've tried clearing the cache and rebooting that didn't work. I haven't tried the gamertag thing yet.

It's definitely not an internet issue as when I log in, I can stay logged in until I actually select something. Like, I can go from dashboard to games, but when I select a game, it signs me out. I can sign back in, and will stay in while I'm playing, but once I exit the game it signs me out again. It only happens at very specific traceable times and it's only been since the last system update about a month or two ago. And one of my friends said that it was on all of xbl (implying that he had trouble with it too) immediately after it started.

Anyway, I'm going to try the retrieve gamertag thing and see if that works.

9. wheelnut

wheelnut Well-Known Member

1-800-4-my-xbox will answer any problems you have

10. transtrekkie

I just tried the reload profile and it worked. All is well, thanks for the help.