XB Live Arcade Additional Downloads to finish a game

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by OmegaScourge, Aug 27, 2006.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

If this game does good, more games will most likely follow...and hopefully, the Big N doesnt do theirs this way.

2. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Its not as bad as its making it out to be. Its more like small booster packs but the $15 price has already put me off of it. Its a puzzle game so its not like you get to a point and its like ha you can't see the ending until you pay us suckas.

What scares me is EA. I recently took a survey about some stuff and since the only game of theirs I have on 360 was BF2 they were asking me how much I'd be willing to pay for a patch. That shouldnt even be a question as patches are usually just fixing their foul ups (which EA is good at making and poor at fixing).

3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

I think a lot of the content is licensed music, so it sounds like they're offsetting the high cost by staggering the download.

4. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    That sucks but it’s less then Lumines cost for PSP when I got it and I still play it almost every day, and will most likely get it for Live as soon as it becomes available.

5. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

Completely lame. If you buy a game, you expect it to be COMPLETE, not "insert a bunch of quarters to continue".

That's one part of the arcade experience I DON'T want at home, thanks.

And yes, if it can be abused, EA will find a way to do it.

-XCN-

6. Rokkit 2.0

Rokkit 2.0 Nay, we are but men.

I wonder what 'certain point' is? Lumines doesn't have a story or anything, it's just higher and higher levels. Hard to say where it is 'complete'.

In addition, I've heard that some of the 'added' content available will be like the celebrity packs, where the videos play in the background. I'd rather not have Madonna dancing while I play Lumines, so I've got no problem with being given that option. :D 

Seems to me like this isn't as big a deal as it is being made out to be. Needs more information.

7. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    If you have to buy add-ons in order have a chance to get all the achievements then I will be pissed.

8. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

SFII (1500 POINTS):

beats Stage 1...next screen is "DO YOU WANT TO PURCHASE THE NEXT STAGE FOR 200 POINTS"

trys to do a Hadouken...screen pops up with "DO YOU WANT TO PURCHASE THE HAUDOKEN FOR 400 POINTS"...you click no, and no fireball comes out.

Title Screen, you choose ARCADE...screen pops uo with "DO YOU WANT TO PURCHASE ARCADE MODE FOR 800 POINTS"

LOL!!!

9. Blackstar

Blackstar Aaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! TFW2005 Supporter

Not the best idea in the world, but I can see why it has to be that way. I just hope that it doesn't become that for all games.