Xaaron

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Rexidus, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Can anyone help me out? What issues of MTMTE have Xaaron appeared in? I know he hasn't said anything but he is a background character and I want to see every panel with him in it. The problem is I can't remember them all. I know he's in issue 1. He might have also been in one of the recent spotlights but I don't remember. I don't really want to comb through every panel of every issue so anyone remember where they saw him?

2. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, no chance I'm going to go back and check all the comics, since I don't remember all his appearances either :lol  maybe TFwiki lists his appearances?

I think I remember him in the second Shadowplay issue, where he was part of one of the other teams Rewind selected. I might even be wrong on that!

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I checked the wiki first and they don't even mention him in MTMTE.

4. Vexwing

Vexwing You are being deceived.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    MTMTE on TFwiki

You can page through the wiki, each issue has a featured characters section that list every identifiable character in the issue. He was in #1 and #3, he was in one of the alternate storytelling groups that Rewind gathered in Shadowplay, he was seen in the splash page of the fight with Overlord, and I know he was in one of the scenes of Rewind's recorded message to Cromedome.

I keep wondering what Robert's plan for him is. Given his significance in both Marvel UK and US, he's not the type of character Roberts would just throw on the Lost Light casually. Not to mention it seems out of character for him to even be there. He's always been depicted in authoritative roles, on eithics committees and involved in legal proceedings. He seems like the type that would have wanted to stay behind and re-build the government on Cybertron, not go off on an adventure in space. I'm sure he'll come in to play eventually, there's no way he's going to be permanently relegated to being a background character.

5. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Well that was very useful. Thank you. :)  I didn't know the wiki had that. I foolishly checked his wiki page hoping for a list of appearances.

6. TF14

TF14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    he's in MTMTE 16 as well officiating the funeral

7. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    I remember thinking how random it was when he showed up in Chaos Theory offering Wheeljack a job. Clearly Roberts introduced him and put him on the Lost Light for a reason, but it's odd that he really hasn't done much yet other than stand in the background.

8. shunquan

shunquan ACID STORMER

News Credits:
    He appeared in Chaos Theory taking a look at megatron, giving wheeljack a job and also suggesting that megatron's trial not to be conducted by the autobots

9. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I like the character solely because I used him in a pen and paper game I ran years ago. I know almost nothing about him. I would love for Roberts to move him into the foreground especially since Rodimus has lost his command crew. I think it would be awesome if he took on a mentor role for Rodimus.

10. Meister5

Meister5 Lost Light-er

News Credits:
    I think it's him standing in the group
    staring up at the portal
    in MTMTE #17.

11. maku098

maku098 indeed a wise choice

News Credits:
    That was Grapple.

12. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    He's been a pointless inclusion so far. Imagine if Optimus Prime had been aboard the Lost Light, but only appeared sparingly in the backgrounds, never saying a word, never been talked about. Thats how I feel about Xaaron being on the Lost Light.

13. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ Uh...knock yourself out, but Xaaron has never been a major character. In one continuity he was an important in-universe leader, yes, but in IDW he's more of a civil servant/legal expert.

Considering that a third of the 1984 Autobot cast has been background filler in MtMtE, that seems a slight overreaction.

14. Vexwing

Vexwing You are being deceived.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Keep in mind, you're talking to someone from England. Xaaron premiered in Marvel UK, he was a significant character if that was his primary exposure to the continuity. So I can understand his frustration, but just to an extent. I'm sure Robert's has a plan for him, he just hasn't been in the focus of this first story arc. I'm sure after "Remain in Light" there will be major upheavals to the primary cast, Xaaron will likely get his time in the limelight.

15. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...and the 1984 Autobots also had much bigger roles in the UK.

Just cause a character has a high rank and a relatively significant presence on-panel doesn't mean he always will have both, not in this fiction...

16. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    I just want one, panel, one lousy panel explaining, however briefly, just what the hell he's actually doing on the Lost Light in the first place! James can do whatever with him after that!

17. FantomLibrarian

FantomLibrarian Iaconian Data Coordinator

Maybe now with
    Tyrest taking the Autobots prisoner
    in MTMTE #18, Xaaron will take center stage in a legal battle with him? He was on the Aquitas panel in LSOTW.

18. TF14

TF14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^That'd actually be pretty cool

19. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Excellent point, he's also been brought up repeatedly in legal and political contexts. If there's a ship's lawyer, it's Xaaron, and he was doing it waaaaaaaay back when if I remember my Shadowplay.

20. FantomLibrarian

FantomLibrarian Iaconian Data Coordinator

JUDICIAL-BOT FIGHT!

OBJECTION!

I'm just picturing Milne's cartoony art in Phoenix Wright panels. (Someone needs to make the picture of Tyrest vs. Xaaron with a Quint as the judge)