X3 Offically titled.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shipwreck, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

X3 Officially Titled
    Fox makes a Stand.
    by Stax
    January 24, 2006 - The XVerse has been advised by 20th Century Fox that X-Men 3 has now been officially titled X-Men: The Last Stand. There had been rumors of that new title for awhile.

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/683/683103p1.html

"X-Men: The Last Stand, is currently being cleared for usage. The title also appeared in a review of 2006 films by USA Today, lending further support to the notion," reports The XVerse.

In related news, The Comics Continuum reports that the novelization of X3, adapted by X-Men comics scribe Chris Claremont, will be released by Del Rey on May 16.

The novel's official plot synopsis claims that in X3, "with the help of new recruits The Beast and Angel, (the X-Men) must face evolution itself in the form of their former teammate, Jean Grey! Possessed with the cosmic power of the Dark Phoenix, the resurrected Jean Grey has become a danger to herself, her mutant comrades, and the entire planet! To stave off this imminent threat to humanity, a potential cure is discovered and processed to treat -- and ultimately eliminate -- genetic mutations, once and for all! Now, as the battle lines are drawn, the X-Men, led by Professor Charles Xavier, must contend with both Jean Grey's world-consuming powers, as well as the malevolent Brotherhood, a band of powerful mutants organized under Xavier's former ally, Magneto!"

2. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    Well, that's it. I'm officially excited.

3. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    It's official. I'm officially interested in officiating the purchase of an official movie ticket to the official opening of this officially titled film.

4. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Is George Lucas naming every movie now?

First the prequels, then "Snakes on a Plane" and now "The Last Stand"

5. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That teaser sounds good.:thumb 

6. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

me wanna watch

7. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Well. Name is kinda corny and yet cool at the same time. But, I am interested in checking it out so, it'll be interesting to see.

8. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    If there's an X-Men 4, I'll be pissed. Unless this "last stand" is Magneto's last stand. Then a fourth X-Men with, say, Apocalypse would be fine.

9. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

Well... the guy that's playing Juggsy said that he signed on for 4,5, and 6. However, if the script review from Aint It Cool is accurate, it'll probably be a moot point as the fans will be in a rage. I'm actually not a Ratner hater, but that story is pure shit.

I hope that it was all b.s., as I was totally psyched about the flick till I heard what they were gonna do.

Read it at your own risk and pray that it is a hoax.

They posted a link to a 'review' of the film last week, which was pretty much a regurgitation of the original script review.

And don't get pissed at me, I had nothing to do with it.

Old news, yes but still pertinent.

Read it here.

10. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I am so going to watch that movie on the day it's out. I can hardly wait. It's gonna kick Superman Returns ass imo.

11. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    Too bad we counldn't have Solid Snake writing the script again. He did good on X2. What else has he written?

12. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If this movie sucketh I will be so disappointed, X-2 was so much better than the first. I'd really rather see that trend continue than have a big ball of suck. The Last Stand, sounds like a power metal band or something, but whatever.

13. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

I can't tell you how glad I am that this is the end of the trilogy with no plans to further continue the fiasco that part three has become.

14. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Who says? Fox has a habit of milking things, and Marvel would never let a movie series die out featuring their characters, even if it means breaking out with the movies like Wolverine, Generation X, Astonishing X-Men and any number of other titles you'd care to insert here.

I foresee that this film will do buisness leading to the further adventures of Professor Xavier and his team of mutant heroes.
    But if I'm wrong; well then it's just going to take another Batman Returns esque film down the line to revive it.

15. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

Well first, let's make sure we're talking about the same thing. I didn't say there wouldn't be spin offs. I was specifically referring to the X-Men trilogy along with the storylines contained therein.

And Tom Rothman, producer of the X-Men films, says there won't be more.

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=5785

Heh, I generally don't talk out of my ass my friend. Generally. :thumb 

16. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would have guessed "Rise of the Pheonix" as the title..

17. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Am I the only one who thinks that a novelization is silly? They should do it as a graphic novel.
    Also, I think that if they do end up doing a reboot of the series eventually then they should use Ultimate X-Men. The first 6 issues would make an amazing film.

18. Mr. Jiggles

I could be wrong, but I thought he was implying that this was merely the end of a story arc, that the three pictures are a self-contained trilogy, and any new movies will be a new arc. The guy playing Juggernaut said he signed on for four and five, as well.

Who knows. Hollywood is always talking out both sides of their mouth.

19. Mr. Jiggles

I think they are pretty cool sometimes, esp. if it's a comic guy writing because they put in some extra little easter eggs. Peter David on Spiderman comes to mind. But, non-comic related stuff, yes, it mostly is teh suck.

And you know there will be a graphic novel. Marvel never would pass up another buck.

20. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

^and marvel needs all the guarranteed cash it can make, if the new movie division fails it could put marvel back into bankruptcy.