X2Toys possible new upgrading parts for CW leader Megatron...

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Apr 18, 2015.

1. wingheaven7

wingheaven7 Well-Known Member

Anyone get it have any thoughts? Pictures? Fan modes? If you double dipped on this and dx9's, any best of both world pictures?

2. Koldskool

Koldskool Neon Carnivore

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I just ordered mine from BBTS. I'll post comparison and best of both mash-up photos once it arrives.

3. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish that this could be broken into two sets. I just want the shoulder pieces and the silver gun barrel.

4. Koldskool

Koldskool Neon Carnivore

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    As promised, here are the photos. I apologize for the poor lighting. Also, my Autobot Megs has the reprolabels set.
    X2 and DX9 sibe-by-side:
    [​IMG]
    Back view:
    [​IMG]
    Other back view (to show the difference between the added gun barrels):
    [​IMG]
    And finally, a vanilla Hasbro Megs with the "best of best" (reprolabels, DX9 hands and cannon add-on, X2 shoulders, gun barrel, and legs/feet:
    [​IMG]
    Quick notes:

X2:
    The gun barrel takes a fair bit of force to peg in, the peg is VERY tight. It also takes some finesse, as the thin peg is on a pinned hinge. The shins/feet are very tight, and require some force to attach and remove from the figure for transformation. The sets of hinges on the shoulder parts make it so that they don't have to be removed for transformation.

DX9:
    The gun barrel is meant to peg into the screw hole in the back of the right bicep, but looks better if pegged into screw hole in the tank treads on his back. While it holds fairly well there, it's easy to knock it out while messing around with him. The shins and feet are easy to attach and remove from the figure, while still holding securely in place. The cannon attachment does not need to be removed for transformation, and the missile firing gimmick still works with it attached. The DX9 hands are REALLY tight, making them somewhat difficult to install. They also don't hold the 5mm guns very well.

Both sets look dumb as hell in tank mode.

Final verdict:
    I honestly like both, and will be keeping both. I'll be ordering another set of reprolabels and DX9 will be my Autobot Megatron, while X2 will be leading my MP Decepticons.

5. fendetto

fendetto Well-Known Member

here mine paint the front of leg silver with paint marker and make it bit clean on shoulder custom G1 cannon on arm.. .. im happpy with it

Attached Files:

6. wingheaven7

Thanks for that. very insightful and cool to finally see them side by side.

Might have to get this set, give the best parts to megs, and give the leftover to armada megs.

7. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    God i want the x2 set with the dx9 hands!

8. fendetto

fendetto Well-Known Member

if u keen to mods the add on, put dx9 add on than put xt008 outer part on add on attach it to dx9 addon

9. GR1ML0CK

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Just was able to score a set of the dx9 hands off a fellow autobot on here :rock 
    Now to procure a X 2 set. So, those shoulder pieces stay on during transformation! Thats fantastic! That $50 price for that set aint fantastic though. Maybe i can find one cheaper hmmmm. The hunt begins

10. wingheaven7

If you happen to find it for cheap, mind sharing a link?

I'm tempted to mix and match, but I really don't see myself spending msrp for these parts.

11. GR1ML0CK

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Found 2 for less than $50 on ebay. The one is going for $46.50 and the other is $49 but best offer option(ive dealt with Coldplay). If you just want the legs another seller (one of us no doubt) has them for $26 but a little over a day left on the auction

12. Hitokiri

Hitokiri Well-Known Member

I swapped out my DX9 kit for the X2 kit and I'm pretty happy. Came back from a meeting to find a couple of boxes on my front door. The first one was the X2 Toys upgrade kit for the CW leader class Megatron. The second was Maketoys Quantron which I bought from Ryan Kelley, a member on this forum for a great price.

I had the DX9 kit on Megatron (first picture) but I switched over to the X2 kit because of the shoulder upgrades and I liked the full leg covers as well. The silver shoulder cannon also holds on better too. I like how the kit bulks up Megatron and gets rid of the funny clown shoe feet that the DX9 kit had. Not to mention it makes Megatron a tad taller then Masterpiece Optimus which I like. I always felt Megatron should be a bit bigger and taller thus scarier I guess. Haha...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. wingheaven7

^ thanks of the picture comparison. Very helpful.

Wish the lower leg was a tad shorter, or the thighs longer. Thigh to lower leg ration looks really off to me (specially next to Optimus), but everything else works well.

The feet are tons better in shape and size vs the dx9 set.

...anyone want to my some DX9 feet from me?:) 

14. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

It has been a while since a third party upgrade has really changed a figure for me. Wow. This did the trick for Unite Megatron. I'm an Apollyon guy all the way, but seriously, this upgrade does it for me too. This not only brings out a bulkier, more imposing, Megatron, but it also makes him a Cybertronian tank and battle station with a robot mode of g1 aesthetics.
    I could go with this as my Cybertronian Megatron before they can to earth ^^.

I almost paid $50 for this, but RobotKingdom has them for $34. Not bad if you a packing the off for shipment with something else. You win a RobotKingdom for China made 3rd party shipped in bulk.

This guy even has a third use not described in the instructions.
    I bet I could also get him into a gun somehow ^o^. Anyway top notch that adds the fun back into this figure. Thinking of toning down the red plastic though with black or silver paint (back of the legs too much).

Attached Files:

15. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru Jet-Striker

I'm still waiting on my replacement kit since the seller on eBay sent me a kit with two right legs instead of a right and left leg.

What I have now, I do like it, except for the fact it makes the already problematic Fusion Cannon an even bigger issue. The shoulder upgrade and back cannon severely hinder its range of motion, makes it more difficult for Megatron to aim it alone. It's gotten to the point I'm considering just leaving the cannon attachment off, it doesn't really add much to the design anyway.

16. GR1ML0CK

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    No, robot kingdom is not the way to go. It's $56 shipped so ebay sellers are the way to go on this. $46.50 shipped

17. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

If you do that math and ship with other items (buy more), you save.
    i.e. Buy items such as some $70, normally $85 shipped else where and buy X2 X2008 upgrade $34, normally $46.50 shipped, your saving in the unit prices are greater than the combined shipping cost..

A la carte at robot kingdom isn't the way to go unless you live locally to them. thats all.

18. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru Jet-Striker

Finally got the replacement leg today, took a lot longer to get here than the original kit though. Last time I order through eBay.

While I enjoy how CW Megatron looks after applying the upgrade, the original figures joints take a lot of the wind out of it. The shoulder upgrades don't play nice with the fusion cannon, and the new feet slide around a lot limiting his poseability (which is already a problem thanks to limited pelvic and knee articulation range)

Still don't regret getting it, although I do wish I had the cannon muzzle from the other upgrade kit.

19. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bought this and am really happy I did, it completely fixes the spindly legs and the poles sticking out of his shoulders. Completely transforms the figure

Attached Files:

20. mgtron1

mgtron1 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Picture 109.jpg

Picture 110.jpg

Picture 111.jpg

Picture 114.jpg

Combination of X2 toys and DX9 Upgrades.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016