X2 Toys/Shadow Fisher XS001 for Combiner Wars Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by erain1984, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks like bbts and tf-direct are out but tfsource still has it.

2. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

X2 Toys Devastator upgrade...

I broke down and purchased this upgrade.

I bought the Unite Warriors Devastator (for the different paint scheme) and this X2 upgrade set must have been designed BEFORE Takara's release... As the secondary connector to Long Haul (Devastator's side torso) does NOT plug unto his fist. I did see an upgrade to the upgrade, but that's just to late. And realy? We have to buy an additional upgrade kit to the upgrade kit? It should be given away free of charge. But hey, who am I but a lowly consumer. I'll just rotate the plug so it sits inside LH's massive wheel...

The shoulder extension is very well designed and highly articulated. I LOVE the forward rotation and extra pegs for the bulldozer and excavator treads. Well done!

The Mixmaster cab face is perfect.

The forearms are huge and sparcely painted. They have a back panel and are very nice. But like everyone is saying, the Hasbro / Takara elbow joints are simply not strong enough to support the weight.

The hands are wonderful. And even have bits painted, but the thumbs may have to be modded. I just couldn't understand why my Cloud 9 Quakeblast (which is half the size) has ball jointed AND pin jointed thumbs. Yet these DO NOT.

Thanks to the fans, they have carved out a slot for the ball joint stalk to rotate into. I'll check mine and see if I have the skill to do the mod.

The knee plates are fine. Hip skirts are OK.

The shoulder ratchets are very nice. And the inclusion of a secondary set (which sit lower) is a nice addition. I like the higher shoulders. But maybee if you keep the original Hasbro/ Takara forearms it would look more compact?

Quality and construction (no pun intended) are good. With excellent pant applications. Box is basic but nice with cardboard slots and foam on the top and bottom, while all parts are sealed in tiny plastic bags. No paint scuffs on my set.

Score: 6/10

3. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Anybody got a link to a how to for the thumb mod? I'd like to give it a go

4. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I used future on the Hasbro Dev's elbow joints, painted several layers, now they are very strong can hold the arm in all positions without problem.
    I would give 8/10 after this fix.

5. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Who wants to sell me the hands for this set? Let me know

6. GodParticle

GodParticle Well-Known Member

TFS has a perfect effect and x2. Which one would be a match for UW colors if I only want the hands and cab for combined mode?

Edit:Looking at the perfect effect, it looks like the green is too light for UW

7. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know about the color matching but if you're only after the cab and hands, I will say that the cab is the one thing pe seems to have gotten right. It looks good and it fits better in foot mode and transforms better in vehicle and bot mode than the x2 one.

In all other areas though, I'd say X2 easily beats pe.

8. GodParticle

GodParticle Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw a video where someone mentioned how it doesn't match the UW one. I thought something looked off in videos and that it was too light

9. glinthos

glinthos doomed hometown

I put the PE forearm upgrade set on my UW Constructicons, and the PE green is ever so slightly lighter if you know to look for it. Might be more noticeable on a larger piece like the cab/foot (I didn't get that one).

10. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

11. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Last I checked most retailers were out of stock. I mentioned tfsource a few days ago but looks like they're out now as well. I just checked and found 14 listings on ebay, most of which are at or below the original retail price including shipping, so I'd say that's your best bet.

And as long as I'm posting in the thread again, I just want to say again that I love this set. Love the raised shoulders (and it's nice they included a seconds set of connectors if you want to lower them) and the huge forearms and hands. Love the posability in the shoulders. Love the smaller bits that just add a little more polish to Devastator's look and I like the Mixmaster shoe that does an adequate job of making him look more G1 even though it's useless in vehicle or individual robot mode.

A bit of advice: if you're getting this set and you don't already have some future polish, get some. You'll need it for the elbow joints.

[Edit] Oh, I'm dumb. You were asking about the adapters for UW Longhaul. I don't know if those have been released yet. Sorry.

12. robh

robh Decepticon

Really
    wish I could figure out a way to lower the shoulders just a bit more. I like the set but I think the shoulders are just a bit too high

13. pidge1114

pidge1114 Well-Known Member

I have a Shadow Fisher Set for sale - PM if interested.

14. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Where do you apply the future if you dont mind me asking? Think i might tackle that fix this weekend

15. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Two places. Undo the bicep swivel mushroom peg, polish it up, and give it time to cure. The elbow joint is pinned on the right arm, though, so you'll just have to just kind of paint the future into it the best you can and give it time to cure before reassembling everything. The other arm has a screw (in fact the X2 kit includes a replacement screw to tighten the joint) so, if it's loose after swapping out the screw, you can just take it apart and polish it inside.

I need to give the mushroom peg another coat on mine (didn't give it enough time to cure) but otherwise, he's able to hold his arms up even with his gun.

16. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  17. Jtotheiso187

Jtotheiso187 Well-Known Member

Extra shoulder pieces for a different height.

18. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    Should have my dna kit next week. Anyone want to trade the head and accessories and forearms for the x2toys forearms?

19. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's to connect the LongHaul hands on the UW set. Standard configuration is for the CW set.

20. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Banned

I suppose in this case they saw the opportunity to cash in on what a very small niche considered 'cosmetic problems' and thus this overpriced add-on kit was born.

For $70 its an easy pass for me- at those bones I'd expect a larger "G" head add on, and some other little fanboy gem that I can't think of right now.

I'd probably buy it after a massive discount- because there's only about $30 value here.