X-Transbots Sweeps / Swarm: Curse, Wrath, and Bane

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jan 20, 2016.

1. yoonakron

yoonakron Welcome to you're "doom!"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    These ARE identical to Andras, right? Except for the nail colors and mouth? Cuz if that's the case, then this 3 pack will be my Scourge + 2 Sweeps. And all for $300, that's a pretty decent deal.

2. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

so is the silver actually silver...pinkish/purplish silver or light blue like andras? you figure they'd show actual test shots instead of renders....being that they've released this in another deco already?

3. porkchop123

porkchop123 Well-Known Member

I agree. I would rather have the accessories that come with these guys than the target master.

4. Hail Galvatron

Hail Galvatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm tempted. As a big fan of Galvatron and his minions, this almost feels like a must get. If I can budget the shelf space, I'll do it.

5. Roadbuster25

Roadbuster25 Well-Known Member

Are the majority people really going to feel inspired by these accessories to buy more than one Scourge? How about include all three accessories raise the price $10 and let's call it a day.

6. Insectabot

Insectabot Well-Known Member

Buying in early once again gets screwed. I would have paid this for three. Now I'm passing. Just too many good things coming out.

7. porkchop123

porkchop123 Well-Known Member

It would be nice if they would sell the accessories separately.

8. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    With you on that, never got around to getting Andras this would be my set. Never cared for the target master since my collecting goal is TF:TM cast + MTMTE cartoon cast with a few of my comics faves thrown in!

9. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

I am surprised not more are yelling "Cash Grab!" here. This is such a giant butt raping it is astounding. Someone is sitting around asking himself, 'OK, what can I do next to totally screw my supporters?'

10. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't feel like I'm getting screwed. I get 3 figures at $100 a pop with some cool accessories. Sounds like a good deal to me.

11. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    yeah i would have gone this route and sold off one or two. i still might.

12. Sirtank

Sirtank Well-Known Member

I skipped Andras as I've been mostly ignoring the 86 movie figures. I do have this on my radar however. I'd also like to see some actual shots of these showing the final deco. Finding room for three of these guys on my shelf might also be a problem.

13. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Differences on body of figures:

-Not sure if the lighting or coloring of the computer renderings is off but it looks like the biceps, forearms, abdomen area, knees, and thigh area which are light blue on Andras are light purple on the Swarm.
    -Swarm members have a regular closed mouth instead of an open mouth like Andras has.
    -The 2 medium blue (on Andras) sections on the edges of the "deck" of the alt ship mode are actually silver on the Swarm.

We'll have to see some actual photos or video of the product to confirm this rather than computer renderings.
    I'f this set is sells for $300, it might be a good way to troop build your MP sized Decepticons at $100 for each figure.
    I do wish they gave these guys a different shade of blue along with a set of alternate faces to further distinguish them from Andras like what was done with Spotter/Visualizer. I may consider getting this set down the line but certainly not before other overdue items from XTB are released including Eligos, Boost/Hatch, and Arkose.

14. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

Considering the"victimization" in your analogy can only occur if you volunteer to give them your money, I fail to see the butt raping analogy. choosing to give them your money is the equivalent of you taking their organ, shoving it in your butt, enjoying that it is in your butt, but then claiming it is rape simply because it is in your butt.

It takes a special type of hysteria to voluntarily buy something and then arguing the seller has victimized you because you sought out their product and gave them your money.

15. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How is it a cash grab?They had canceled these and only brought them back after people asked for this.Plz explain this to me

16. King Nergil

King Nergil Humanoid anchovy

Well good morning from Europe! :D  Great metaphorical analysis (<--). Can't stop laughing... You already made my day!

17. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Banned

This is my favorite post of the day- probably my favorite post on a toy forum yet! Thank you sir! :D 

I won't deny that the price of this thing is steep, but yes, equating it to victimization as you willfully open your wallet (and butt) by paying is just a tad ironic. You see supporters- they see dollars.

18. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

I already have Scourge, he's stellar but I only want two Sweeps. These things take up a good amount of space in a Detolf so 3 plus Scourge wouldn't work for me.

19. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Personally, I'm just not going to invest in 3rd party Sweeps. I have a great Targetmaster Scourge for now. He has a fairly good shot at an official Masterpiece. If that never happens, then I'll take another look at the Sweeps.

20. TaintedPiffy

TaintedPiffy Well-Known Member

That's where I'm at as well. If this were a 2-pack, it wouldn't be a question, but Ive been trying to figure out how I'd display four of these, with that wingspan, on one Detolf shelf. I don't see how it wouldn't look crammed.

Still, knowing me, I might pull the trigger anyway.