X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. SpaghettiQuarterly

SpaghettiQuarterly Well-Known Member

This looks super partsformy but I am totally okay with that. I would rather a super solid and well articulated skeleton wear stunticon clothes than trying to engineer triple changing bots that can also combine.

• Like Like x 1
  2. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

^The transformation was a pain in the butt, aesthetic wise though, he works for me..........

• Like Like x 5
  3. olevelo

olevelo Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, as I understand it, the molds/designs were stolen FROM XTB, and so to get back at them, they're selling them cheap so they thieves can't make money on it either.

4. MaxPower

MaxPower Well-Known Member

That sucks. I fully support third party companies. They give us such great toys.
    Seems like the 3rd Party industry has been getting pretty cut throat lately.

Hope it doesn't have too many negative implications.

5. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

Regardless of the reasons, this is the price that mp carbots should be. The $100+ prices for a 6 inch are just plain ridiculous. I'm grateful that at least one third party company is selling their toys at a reasonable price even if it was motivated by another company stealing their molds.

6. HanDy

HanDy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That doesn't make much sense, it is like a Knock off of the product comes before the original product.

There is going to be people who goes for the legit and people who goes for the KO, like with the rest of the actual releases.

Or im not getting the point here?

7. optimuslivs4evr

optimuslivs4evr Well-Known Member

Most people who buy a ko over the original mold do it because it is significantly cheaper. By selling the actual product within a few dollars of the ko it deincentivises people choosing the ko.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bwa ha ha ha. That’s hilarious. The only reason this is priced this way is because of the KO thing. Klaatu is at their usual price range and everything else they do will be as well. No 3P is going to be selling at this price unless they have to. Guaranteed as soon as this blows over it will be back to overpriced business as usual. If you want to show gratitude to someone for these low prices, I’m afraid the one we have to thank is the KO thief!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. olevelo

olevelo Well-Known Member

The point was the OP I replied seemed to think the price was low because XTB stole the designs, but I was pointing out it's the other way around. They're releasing it quicker and cheaper before the people who stole it can release their KO.

10. GAUGE

GAUGE Tin Foil Hats = Alternative Facts

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    You've never done anything to give me reason. you're good. :lol 

11. HanDy

HanDy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I plenty get that, but thats not what i saying. We all know the KO's are cheaper but also the legit ones sell well too or at least it seems to me.

So if the ko is going to sell no matter what, and the legit is gonna sell also, why decrease the price?

Maybe is just me seeing shadows in the dark..

12. toretilo

toretilo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If the ko and the legit get released at the same time, like this case, all the sold kos are directly making the legit to lose sales, and if the quality is similar, they will be many lost sales.
    If you can afford to decrease the price, you avoid a lot of lost sales, and you get the pleasure of making almost impossible for the thief to sell the kos after he has invested for that. I see it this way.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Devastator21

Devastator21 Fanstoys zombie

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Klaatu has ratchet joints and diecast and hes a but taller than most minibots. And their neptune is $55.

14. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So... pretty much standard for 3P minibots and more than the significantly larger Menasor figures? Proves my point thanks. If XTB was planning on better pricing, Klaatu and Neptune would be at the same price or less than the $45 Stunticons. They’re not. They’re the same price range as other 3P. All those people embracing the cheap Menasor as some kind of new era in 3P pricing are kidding themselves. After this set, XTB pricing will go back to where it’s always been, competitive with everyone else.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

I didn't mean to suggest that I thought xtb were embracing a new direction though I can see from my post that that's what it sounded like. You're right: this is probably a one off (or, y'know, a five off), but I'm grateful nonetheless. If this were typical of mp carbots, I'd buy a lot more.

• Like Like x 1
  16. El Duque

El Duque Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh I know, seeing my username on your screenshot just caught my eye. I try to be pretty civil on here :wink: 

17. Devastator21

Devastator21 Fanstoys zombie

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    DSC00052.jpg DSC00051.jpg DSC00049.jpg DSC00050.jpg DSC00049.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  18. silith210518

silith210518 Active Member

Ebay:
    Was kinda hoping we would have more by now. No news of a completed piece at tfcon?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Megacluts

Megacluts Well-Known Member

well unlike Takara who had to get a license to produce their MP car figures, i get the impression that Badcube, TFM and XTB did not have to? I could be wrong.

For me, who the hell cares as long as the the figures are free of major QC issues.

I'm not even going to consider a 3rd menasor as yet until i get an idea of the QC.