X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just want a preorder for the next car to go up, and know when we might get a G2 Flipout. I really don't want G2 Crackup to be a one-off thing; if FP can come back and randomly offer G2 Stunticons years later, then XTB can offer a full G2 Menasor that's a bit more "of the moment" (though there's room in my collection for both, honestly).

• Like Like x 1
  2. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    That however, doesn’t have anything to do with opinions, design flaws are not subjective, unless we are talking about appearance or something like that.

I watch Wotafa's reviews and I don’t need to understand what he says to know if what he is showing me is good or not. And it's still a review from my point of view, even if I don’t understand his opinions, because I form mine on my own.

• Like Like x 2
  3. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

Not true. to review a product means to provide critical evaluation. The important term in that definition being “critical evaluation” which only refers to the opinion of the product based on the objective features of the product.

Objective features are what are being reviewed but the review isn’t simply stating the features it is critically evaluating the features which is subjective - opinion.

Unfortunately you don’t get to redefine what a review means. What you like is someone who simply describes the product; that’s fine. Then stop watching reviews.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Pancrazi is my favourite 'reviewer' for very similar reasons. Plus his videos as a whole are very slick, even if I can't understand a word he says, most of the time I can still understand whether a figure is good or not.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In the absence of news on anything for this set, I'll add further to my two cents on this prevailing discussion.

I agree about what you're saying. From box to finished would be best, but I get caught sometimes forgetting how to get a bot back to one mode or the other, so different ways of getting there are fine with me. For instance; Peaugh always goes from alt to robot. At least I know what I'm getting when I need to search a bot and want to start there. However, BFS tends to go from bot to alt or from whatever mode it comes out of the box in. In other words, I'm fine either way.

6. Arthimuz Prime

Arthimuz Prime Fat Minibot

Ebay:
    not sure if Pancrazi and Marci is the same person.

7. rendsora

rendsora Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maketoys does have a youtube channel..how-to transform videos.

Edit: If I'm not wrong MMC also have a Youtube channel too.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Megacluts

Megacluts Well-Known Member

My copy of flipout came yesterday and he turned out ok. out of all the car bots i have including the MP figures, this guy is the only one who can do an ab-crunch 90 degrees.

9. Sonofadefro

Sonofadefro Don't waste food. I'll keel you

It's funny how people on these threads get emotional so easily. I guess the website layout has way too many squares. Yes.. sharp corners tend to put people on their edge. I'd suggest to the admin that to calm people down, we need to use softer shapes like hearts. Maybe all posts should have a nice speech bubble around it. That would be nice.

Why are you even "gatekeeping" reviews now? People have their own opinion on what they want from a review. It's not wrong to want an objective review. We want paint, so tell us where the paint is. We want articulation, so tell us how well it moves. It's not that complicated. What makes a review good is when it tells the viewers what they want to know about the product. All the good, all the bad. More subjective opinions are welcome, because otherwise(let's face it) the review would be boring and bland.
    A good review(that really helps people) is one that puts information(both good and bad) about the figure as it's priority. BSF does a pretty good job at that, actually. He tries to pose his figures to show what it can do. He talks about die cast and paint.. he pretty much talks about what I care about. And he makes it clear that his personal opinion is his own, and you don't have to follow it.
    In any case, don't try to exclude people just because they don't define 'review' the way you do. It makes you look douchie

• Like Like x 4
  10. cultofkraken

cultofkraken Cybertronian Metalhead

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Everyone forms their own opinions regardless of what a critic says. What would movie reviews be without the critic... it’d be a synopsis of a film, and that no longer is a review. At the end of the day a review has to come to a conclusion, and that always has a mixture of both the objective and subjective.

• Like Like x 2
  11. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like that as well. A lot of the videos that Diecast does from RFC reviews are exactly like that actually.

12. HunGrrr

HunGrrr Walks with Ezekiel's older brother

Emgo's JTI videos also do transformations both ways, which I appreciate as well.

• Like Like x 2
  13. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Movie critics are one of the most useless things that comes to mind... I practicality don't care or find useful anything they have to say tbh. I prefer to see what rating the audience gives to the movie.

• Like Like x 3
  14. cultofkraken

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So you prefer the laymen’s opinion to the educated one. Fine but it’s kind of amusing that you are not averse to providing your own subjective opinion about these things. Aren’t you technically doing what you don’t like? Anything creative and artistic comes with criticism. That’s how it goes... if you don’t like it well like you said you know what avenues you go to. So you done yet or do you have to fill us in on not liking reviews some more?

• Like Like x 2
  15. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    In the end, a movie is for enjoyment, a "profesional critic" won't tell me anything useful in that regard. I see almost everything within an objective perspective, is part of what I do...

"So you done yet or do you have to fill us in on not liking reviews some more?"

You keep responding to my post, aren't you? You seem to like to talk on the matter most than I do...

16. cultofkraken

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Can hardly help it. I get a notification every time you do respond. I like to argue as well so always a bad combo. Anyways yes movies are entertainment, but not all movies are only entertainment. There are movies that have important academic merit and value beyond entertainment, and criticism in any field spurs on competition and again progresses the industry. It does have value even if you don’t see it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Megacluts

Megacluts Well-Known Member

I keep reading all these negative comments. at the end of the day another mans trash is another mans treasure.

I really like this set overall. I have 2 other menasor sets being fansproject and transformissions. Do it regret it? not once

18. rendsora

rendsora Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's another quick one but effective tip for transforming the back section of the car (of which BSF broke his).

• Like Like x 2
  19. Rodann

Rodann Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Finally got him! Took almost a month, but Wildrider made it. Sticking with TCP and TD from now on......

Too bad I can’t use G2 Breakdown as an arm- by the time G2 Wildrider comes out at the LA con, I would have four mockup limbs already.lol

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  20. rashaumus

rashaumus Member

Which team should I join?
    IMG_20181115_205028.jpg

Shattered glass Autobot in my universe.
    IMG_20181115_210902.jpg

• Like Like x 16