X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Updraft27

Updraft27 Member

I hope the trailer/trailers do come with the figure, I'm just wondering if the trailer will form all of Menasor (minus the cars) without using Motormaster. If so I would get 4 more carbots so I can have bot modes and combined mode

• Like Like x 1
  2. tk7261

tk7261 Well-Known Member

I'm itching to buy these guys, cause they look amazing, but was kind waiting to see more of combined mode and how it will work. Hmmmmm...

• Like Like x 1
  3. OPisOP

OPisOP Well-Known Member

Just got Flipout in the mail.. and WOW he feels MUCH nicer than crackup does! Happy to say that i dont have any paint coming off from the "proctective packing tape" on his chest, but i did have a small piece come off due to not being glued properly, which i suppose is ok, since I still have the part. I was already pretty excited for the rest of the set since I got Crackup, but I'm only more excited now! Just need to find some more room on the shelves for combiners..

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

What feels like they stepped up from one to the other?

5. boomerdave

boomerdave Well-Known Member

Yeah they're pretty much all like that. I'm not entirely convinced it's a *true* abcrunch. I think it's more for transformation than posing which is why it's so floppy. I had one that came with a few issues and it was like that. I sent it back and got another and it's the same at that joint. So for what it's worth, it's not just yours.

6. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I wouldnt call the ab-crunch joint on my Flipout "floppy" but it's certainly not super tight, it definitely moves easily.

Unfortunately, I did noticed a paint issue on mine at the front corner, the red paint was not well done and either has brush strokes in it or has the grey paint leaking through from underneath, I cant quite tell.

7. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

Thanks. For the most part he’s fine, but I do wish it were a little more stable in bot mode.

8. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

Finally got him and I'm a bit surprised. Everybody comparing him to Crackup is raving about how much better he is but I think it's the opposite. Loose (not quite floppy) ab crunch and shoulders. Visible ball joints in the shoulders just look kind of meh. Very gappy from the side (Crackup is too but it looks worse on Flipout). His back looks like I missed a few steps - I had to go back and check to make sure I hadn't. His head can only turn about 10 degrees before it runs into his windshield. The gaps behind his knees - you can see his feet through his knees. The white paint on his chest is nice enough but it doesn't look as good as Crackup's and the black and blue paint just look really bumpy. I think they call it orange peel texture.

Now, having said all that, I still think he's great. The metallic grey painted plastic looks fantastic. So much better than the unpainted peach plastic on Crackup (part of why Crackup's looks bad is because lighter colored plastics have a slight translucence - just enough to make the details harder to see and to make it just look cheaper). The red paint is just plain glorious. He looks really good and really captures the Wildrider look. His alt mode is beautiful and let's face it: that's the mode he's going to spend most of his time in on the back of Menasor's leg once the rest of the guys come out.

The tape came off his chest without much trouble but there's a couple spots where I can see that it dulled the finish slightly. I'll never notice it again but it's still unfortunate. Only found it because I was looking for it. The residue was a nuisance but oh well.

So yeah, he's great. I probably wouldn't have had any complaints if it weren't for all the comments here building him up as being so much better than Crackup. XTB is definitely improving but between the issues I mentioned and Savant's mouthless face, cat eye headlights and painted die cast thighs (already got a chip on mine), I think the XTB Renaissance might be a bit overstated. They've still got some work to do to get to the same level of quality as some of the other 3Ps. On the other hand, Crackup was $40 when I got him and Flipout is $60 so they're a much better bang for the buck than other 3p figures.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Well-Known Member

Just ordered Wildrider yesterday

10. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

IMG_20181108_171224.jpg

Breakdown and Wildrider protecting their "buddy" Skids.

[Edit] just realized this is a whole shelf of xtb/KFC figures. So if anybody thinks I was overly critical of Flipout because I don't like KFC, that's not it. I like their figures and I like Flipout. I just noticed a few things about him that weren't as nice is all.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018 at 8:02 PM
    • Like Like x 8
  11. DragonKnight71

DragonKnight71 Well-Known Member

As far as his shoulders being loose, are you sure you have those gray pieces down all the way so the windows snap into them (very small pegs)?

12. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That X-Transbots Skids looks great. I still need to pick him up.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

Yeah, the ball joints are loose but not too bad. His arms don't drop or anything. Just feels looser than it should

14. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  15. emporio80

emporio80 Member

my ab-crunch is also loose, but other than that, he is way better than crack-up the paint job is amazing and his face is perfect

16. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 21
  17. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Well-Known Member

Great pics

• Like Like x 2
  18. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I finally got mine today. The only issue I have is that he is a bit of a belly-dragger in car mode. Maybe I don't have everything lined up perfectly? The clearance is still like under a millimeter. I don't really care since I don't "vroom-vroom" my MP cars. Otherwise, I love my XTB Flipout. Well done X-Transbots! :)  2 for 2. Excellent.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    Deathwish next month, is that correct?

• Like Like x 1
  20. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    I think it's been mentioned casually that it'll now be January.