X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Autobot Spike

Autobot Spike Original Gangstabot

News Credits:
    Huh. I actually like the smaller one better.

-A.S.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Destron UK

Destron UK G1 Dinobot Pro

News Credits:
    It's quite fascinating seeing the huge difference between the G1 Menasor and the Toon version. It's got to be the gestalt with the biggest differences between the two types. Why are the likes of Devs, Superion and Bruticus better represented and truer to the G1 toys than Menasor is? Is it down to them wanting to simply animate with less detail or was it a conscious decision just to make it different?

I think it's a shame cause the animation version looses so many of the interesting aspects of Menasor like the high shoulders and that bulky powerful silhouette. I'm glad it exists for the toon fans but it's not something I find that pleasurable to look at.

The five together would make for an awesome alt mode display though.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Eh, to each is own, but for whatever reason, it always seemed right for motormaster to be the same size as Optimus in both modes. Same with the carbots and stunticons, aerialbot limbs and seekers (and before someone informs me for the hundredth time, yeah I know all aeriapbot alt. modes aren't realistically the same size and I really don't care)

• Like Like x 1
  4. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    [/user]

What goes around, comes around!! And this might be the latter.

5. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ever since I started collecting the MP line, both 1st and 3rd party, I'd always thought to myself, "Toon accuracy is a must!" Then I look at my current collection, the original "reboot" of the MP line starting with MP-10, and realize that that is not the aesthetic I adore. I prefer the pre-Ironhide MP's really. I'm glad there is finally an MP "scale" Menasor that will be available that has the ultra toon accuracy to fit the current direction of the MP line, though, I have to say, it is not my cup of tea. I think TFM's Menasor, albeit IDW inspired, scratches my MP itch.

I can't say it doesn't look good, it does, just not the look I want.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm a huge Geewunner!

But I guess I'm weird in getting BOTH the TFM/IDW style and a G1 version? :gen069: 

• Like Like x 5
  7. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    What's weird about it? I grew up on G1 and I collect G1-style toys. I started reading IDW comics (and Dreamwave before that) because I love G1 (say whatever else you like about it, but IDW is closer to and more inspired by G1 than stuff like the Unicron Trilogy, Prime, or Bayformers). Now I also like IDW-style toys. Doesn't have to be an either or thing, no matter how anti-IDW some people here can be.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Predakwon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I honestly find nothing wrong it, I was joking around being "weird" because of the haterade the TFM/DX9 one was getting.

I never saw how someone could hate a TF(or 3rd party the official fanboys) so much here.

• Like Like x 4
  9. RustyBarnacles

News Credits:
    Little something for everyone.

Personally, I prefer my bots to look more like the pre-Ironhide MP reboot. That aesthetic just calls to me, and though I know TFM's offering doesn't have G1 altmodes or 100% accurate G1 bot modes, it just fits my tastes better. It's nice, that for once, there are a multitude of choices that differ just enough to really fit everyone's style of preference.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Predakwon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You're lucky, I don't even know what I prefer anymore! :p 

Partsforming? Not sure how I feel about that anymore. I don't want a super complicated M3/Intimidator transformation if I can have some partsforming. So I'm going to hold off on these for now but definitely has my interest.

I love G1 toon for MP scale, but I have a very high bias for Menasor/Stunticons so I have no issues getting different versions for him.

Whether it was them kicking ass in the Key to Vector Sigma pt 1 at the military base and the ep ending with Wildrider busting through the building with "TO BE CONTINUED", knocking out Bruticus with one punch or the Optimus/Motormaster showdown in Masquerade. These guys had so much character in the Sunbow series.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Deductor

Deductor Banned

I'm hyped for end result on the Menasor battles. TFM seems so rad, like warbotron Bruticus though; It's too "out there" for what I display. Fantastic to have an origin style MP combiner. Start with the 80's then I'll look to getting modernized Combiner MP's.
    DX9 and XTB are prime rib to me right now. Awesome

12. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Not true. He's going to move production away from HIS factory to someone else's? I don't think so...

Based on what? Admittedly, I don't think I've ever seen Motormaster on a scale chart with Prime, but as far as I know, the Stunticon cars are about carbot size, and Motormaster is typically depicted as a head or two larger than them. If anything, MM should be smaller than Prime based on that...but at most he should be no larger.

Yeah, something's gotta give. Either you have a dinky semi and a bunch of fake parts that don't do anything else, have a stupidly huge Motormaster, or do it this way. I'm typically a 'make the bot mode the right size and let the alt mode fall where it may' guy, but in this case you have a way to achieve a proper sized MM, a decent sized alt mode, and not have a whole combiner body just sitting off to the side with no other purpose. I think it's the best way to tackle this guy. myself. I'd be okay with either, though. The only option I'm entirely opposed to is making Motormaster (oversized MP) Ultra Magnus or even Skyfire size.

• Like Like x 2
  13. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The more I look at them (the arm guys at least) the more I think it might actually be just the car on there, like the car body is just a shell that slides out, or the boxy part is just panels that fold out.

If so, that would be perfect for me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. HnH

HnH MPM Moron

News Credits:
    Need pics!!!!!!!!....just to wash away the terror i had with mpm bee

15. Trikeboy

Trikeboy Well-Known Member

I've come to terms with Motormaster only being the cab, but only on one condition. Have a base mode for the trailer. A combination of the G1 toy base mode and the TransformMission base mode the whole team can use to blast some Autoscrap.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    its propotions look better but it would be too short to fit amongst MP scaled combiners, unfortunately.

17. Ragnar454

Ragnar454 Well-Known Member

To be honest, I don't see me using valuable limited shelf space for "bases". I would rather have them spend time making a good alt mode trailer and good combiner parts , than having a triple changer trailer.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Trikeboy

Trikeboy Well-Known Member

I do agree with you, hopefully Motormaster is the last one so he can be put straight into Menasor mode, after a King of the Road photoshoot with MP-10 of course.

19. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

Hmmm...I know this is a post from pages back, but this intrigues me for use of total trailer. Because I could totally enjoy a Ultra Magnus vs Motor Master display in my collection.

He would need to be a stand alone figure though and it's very rare outside of Has/Tak for a company to do one member only of a combiner team. Personally for me, I also think of the scale of the leader (torso bot) against other combiner leaders (constructions notwithstanding). That would make him too out of scale for those who like to display their combiner teams in Bot mode together near other combiner teams (those collectors exist right?!)

Also, am I the only one that sees a Hunter Metroid from the first Metroid Prime Game when ever looking at your avatar?

20. RustyBarnacles

News Credits:
    I think you may be right, otherwise there's some serious magic going on there.

I also think Motormaster may have fake cab feet, otherwise I don't see altmode being Prime sized, though I could very well be wrong.

Granted, I have no skin in this game, I'm just really interested to see how XTB pulled this off.