X-Transbots MX Series Berserkars / Monolith (Stunticons/Menasor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 15, 2017.

1. waffel

waffel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I gotta admit, the more in-hand shots I see of this guy the less the colour bugs me. Give me my copy and let me love it already :D 

2. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    So judging by the review videos this guy is cheaper AND better-built than DX9's. Can't wait! I preordered two. One shall become a robot, one shall remain in the box until it's time to become one of Menasor's calves

• Like Like x 1
  3. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After seeing a few reviews I have to say that I wish the beige on Crackup was a little lighter. But, I can still live with it. Maybe we’ll get lucky and IBOT will release a recolor Of Crackup in an off white down the road. Then I would probably double dip.

4. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 Well-Known Member

"Reviews"? I'm off to YouTube!

5. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Thinking the same. The Stunticons are so good looking in all 3 modes, I NEED that cartoon Menasor stood with Constructor and cartoon modded Armageddon. Double dipping to have the team in a separate side display flipping between robot and glorious 80s supercars is getting harder to resist.

I know it's each to their own but as a BIG Stunticon fan I can't understand how ppl can not like the colour. It's quintessential G1 Breakdown.

• Like Like x 6
  6. waffel

waffel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    See, I'm not a hardcore G1er. I came in later, and while I've seen much of G1 I don't have the same connection to it that some do. Seeing crackup and Montana next to each other the gleaming white looks so much nicer to my eye it makes up for the slight discrepancy in accuracy. Don't get me wrong, I like the xtransbots figure more, but that's why I prefer the white of Montana

• Like Like x 1
  7. toretilo

toretilo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep, white is more elegant and real life to me, and just slightly inaccurate. Though I'm choosing Crackup anyway, looks wonderful.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess? I mean the GT Protectobots aren't even remotely G1 in alt mode and even their bot modes are highly stylised and far more detailed than XTB's hyper toon stylings, but I guess they're kinda cool looking. I think their First Aid is the closestto G1 accurate.
    Ironically, the modernised styling of GT's effort would actuallly match better with teh slightly updated take that DX9 is doing, but then you lose the bot scaling that is the reason for you matching them up.
    Personally I'm happy enough to wait for a proper G1 Defensor - Superion, Bruticus and Menasor will tide me over for a while.
    But I'm glad it works for you!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. G1Dan

G1Dan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Would love to see a defensor made by XTB, fanstoys or UT.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ragnar454

Ragnar454 Well-Known Member

I lean towards white too, but I think the off white in some pics looks good. The problem is some pics he looks beige and that is not accurate. I don’t know if it’s the difference is in test shot vs production or lighting, but I guess I have to roll the dice and hope my shelf lighting makes him look accurate.

What might also help is painting the white parts on the chest a tint or two lighter than the body, instead of the bright white. Those colors being so different throws off the accuracy too.

• Like Like x 1
  11. WyldeBill

WyldeBill You will ride eternal. Shiny and chrome.

Ebay:
    Thinking about painting the tru white silver.

12. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I definitely prefer the white to the cream too but my biggest issue with XTB compared to DX9 is his back. I think DX9’s is just so much cleaner and more stylish. Even having the hood around the arms doesn’t bother me because it makes them look more rounded and less boxy. To me that is a feature rather than a bug.

13. Tcmjuk87

Tcmjuk87 Well-Known Member

XTB please consider more faces for your bots!

These guys are bullies and aggressors, so we need an angry or evil smirk face. Stop with all the neutral faces.

• Like Like x 7
  14. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I think white looks sharper than cream, or whatever color he is...but if we're talking what looks better, I think black looks a helluva lot cooler than white. I still wouldn't want a black Breakdown, though, even though it would look badass.

15. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And go ahead and stop with the Blaster face altogether :) 

16. WyldeBill

WyldeBill You will ride eternal. Shiny and chrome.

Ebay:
    He come w some sort of addl face. None of the reviews show it clearly.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's important to remember... this one does come with another face. However, the more faces/accessories the higher the price (shakes finger at Takara and their MP line as evidence of price creep). Definitely something to think about as the triple constraint is always in play with retail products.

18. Exousia

Exousia Lost Lighter

News Credits:
    Watching Ben's review, I think he's actually too 'clean' for me. When he's on that turnstyle and you see him from the side, his torso is so thin, whereas most Transformers, and especially the carbots, tend to have a fair bit of bulk to them. I mean, I guess Montana might look okay on a strictly Decepticon shelf, but I like to display my figures against each other. So between his larger scale and his thin torso, he'd just look totally out of place against the Autobot carbots. Of course, if you're a combined-mode-only person, that's not an issue. But for my purposes, Crackup looks much better.

At this point I'm very tempted to get Crackup just as Breakdown, even if I can't get all the Stunticons.

19. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    This is the best hallucinogen 40 bucks can buy!!! It's better, it's more screen accurate, it has the right amount of non screen accuracy, etc, etc!!!

No it's just 40 bucks!!

20. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FWIW, I feel it has just the right balance of cartoon and toy, which is often a difficult balance to strike. And at this price point (essentially the same price as a Legends scale 3P figure) so what if you try one and don't like it. Flip it or simply put it on a shelf as a nice stand alone.

• Like Like x 2