X-Transbots MX-II Andras (Scourge)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 24, 2014.

1. masishadow

masishadow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's what it said on their facebook earlier.

2. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Punched a squirrel.

News Credits:
    Then all will be right in the world. Provided the overall construction quality has improved.

3. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    i was under the impression these guys had an okay track record... i dont own anything by them but i havent really liked their design up to this point. did i miss anything?

4. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm just repeating what I've read, don't have them either. Their Powerglide had a tendency to break. I haven't heard anything negative about their Huffer in terms of quality. Pipes sounds like it has been hit and miss, some people say theirs are perfect, others the opposite. Wheelie is mostly a needs work figure, however there are several people happy with it. Even those that are happy though mostly agree the plastic is scary (thin and/or soft or some such).

5. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Punched a squirrel.

News Credits:
    Okay is about right. The designs are decent enough but there's always a loose shoulder, hip or some other joint that's a lot like getting an itch on your arm while it's in a cast. Since they seem to be partnering up with KFC in promotional things, I'd like to hope that they're helping each other become stronger companies in all those little things that add up to annoy.

For example, I'd like to believe that part of the reason we've yet to see Sonic is because they've listened to the feedback from Ollie and are improving what they can on the second release of the mold.

6. Zavien

Zavien Veteran

News Credits:
    I know its the wrong thread but this is who I have by Xtransbots.Love the look. Loose arms and legs that were easily remedied.I just think they need some fine tuning in the QC department just like kfc. Other than that I'll buy more of their figures. [​IMG]

7. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

scourge looks great...wonder how far along this is.

8. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I'll buy Scourge. (and presumably Cyclonus) other than that I so far have found their finishes to be sub par for the MP world, and this concerns me for their otherwise great looking Megatron. But in the case of Scourge, he's such a beloved character I'll paint the damn thing myself if need be.

9. N_M_S

N_M_S "…don't take fame!"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "Pipes" is awesome. Love him. I sold mine (and a lot of my MPs) not too long ago because I really needed the cash after an emergency, but I fully intend to replace him.

10. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

People grade talked about looking forward to XTB's Cyclonus and Galvatron after this Scourge is released. But given that XTB seems to be tight with KFC, and each features the others' products in their promotional materials, isn't it likely that XTB would defer producing those two which would compete against KFC's homages?

11. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not familiar with a KFC Galvatron. With Cyclonus however, isn't that a "CHUG" figure? If the XTB one is "MP"ish then it isn't truly competing. Besides that it isn't so much competing if they make the same figure after KFC's is no longer being produced. It isn't like KFC would be making any more money based on it.

12. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Kfc haven't done MP Cyclonus, there's nothing to compete with.

13. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

Duck yeah. Good size for toy and targetmaster.

XTB is really catching my attention with their new stuff. The pricing for Apollyon seems reasonable (barring QC disasters) and if they can price Scourge nice, I may well be in seeing as how I don't much hope for an official TT Scourge. And if that does happen, this guy can be a Sweep flunky.

This guy is pretty buffbot compared to the scrawny and wizened-evil Scourge of the Marvel TF Universe sourcebook art. But it would be still be neat if this Scourge had enough ab crunch to recreate the Igor-Scourge pose.

14. FishHeadSoup

FishHeadSoup bikini bottom

Interested

15. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

My mistake; I hadn't followed KFC's Cyclonus enough to remember the scale, and for some reason I was thinking of Mania King. Carry on. :) 

16. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

Thats awesome!

17. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What is the "Swarm" that is in reference on the box? I'm hoping it doesn't mean "3 pack only" release.

18. Wheeljackie

Wheeljackie NYEH HEH HEH

Hmmm so he is about the size of a MP Seeker? That sounds pretty nice depending of cost i may buy 2 or 3.

19. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Scourge is mostly (I know not quite) Thundercracker's colors already, but a Skywarp repaint could be interesting.

20. jnguyen

jnguyen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder why they decided to make scourge instead of galvatron first to scale with