X-Transbots MX-II Andras (Scourge)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 24, 2014.

1. PsyberianTiger

PsyberianTiger Unknown member

I know I'll never be using his light up effect & to me the eyes just always seemed dead... especially after displaying him next to x-transbots Cyclonus with his alternate chromed eyes. So I went ahead & took his head apart & instead of painting the eyes like I originally planned I cut out some aluminum tape that is very reflective & placed it onto his eye pieces, then used some permanent red marker to color it & it completely changed the look for me. Very simple mod for anyone who cares to do so! 20170203_191743.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  2. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Nice! Like how they did MP Soundwave... always wondered why nobody else got that treatment.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PsyberianTiger

PsyberianTiger Unknown member

:D Such a simple & non permanent mod. I've done it to a few figures. It just brings more "life" into them for sure.

4. MINDVVIPE

MINDVVIPE Well-Known Member

That's really clever. I'm going to have to do this with more than a handful of figures now. Thanks for sharing!

• Like Like x 1
  5. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice. I did a similar method. I took the eyes out and painted them with a red sharpie. Then I placed a small piece of tin foil as shown in Vangelus' Andras review to keep the LED light for the eyes from escaping out of the bottom of the head. Now when I turn on the head LED light it shine brightly through the eyes even with the red paint. And of course when I switch the LED off the eyes are nice and red thanks to the paint.

• Like Like x 2
  6. tenkaros

tenkaros Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I did as well. Highly recommended solution.

Original non painted eyes:
    [​IMG]

Painted eyes:
    [​IMG]

Painted eyes with LED light on:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  7. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Yep. XTB (thru Facebook comment) tried to tell me that the light won't show thru the eyes if I paint them. I had to laugh.

8. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Fanstoys ZOMBIE 01

That's a nice little improvement.. damn it... I gotta do this.

9. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Well-Known Member

Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    Guys, I wanna buy this. Are there truly and major QC issues like his feet when you transform him? I really want to buy him for his cartoon accuracy. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you in advance in letting me know if I should buy it from a practical perspective. I love to transform masterpiece types.

10. ph4zed

Ebay:
    Just go and watch maybe 3 video reviews, specifically when they transform the feet. Get yourself a sturdy toothpick or maybe a thin screwdriver for when you do the feet and you'll be all set. Remove the 3 battery cover pointy bits and set them aside until you're ready to pose him, because they like to fall out and land in places where they will never be seen from again lol

11. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I'd say if you're gonna buy anything from XTB (I mean XTB not KFC) then Andras and/or the Swarm pack are the way to go. From a qc standpoint they are the best products they've put out to date. It isn't 100% due to the feet transformation and loose thruster tips (which can be taken care of with clear polish) but overall it is as good as XTB gets qc wise. BBTS has Andras available on clearance.

12. Gamerlingual

Ebay:
    Is the screwdriver aspect true? Are the feet that bad? Your view seems to be more sound, but phased I think is being direct. Both of you guys I appreciate your feedback. I really want a Scourge. But I am afraid this thing will break! By the way, attacking no one! You both have good views.

13. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

There are no QC issues with the feet. If you have them folded wrong you won't be able to transform them. If you have them folded correctly they transform with ease.

14. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    This is my first time hearing about the a screwdriver and a toothpick. Although the feet were a pain for me the first time around, I didn't use a screw driver and a toothpick. As was mentioned try watching 1 or 2 Andras youtube vids for transformation clarity. That helped me. I'd recommend the one by 598 Robots (I think that's the channel name). They are the designers of XTB's products. There are also 1 or 2 other vids out there that show both forward and reverse transformations if you feel that helps. XTB's Eligos (their MP Cyclonus) looks good but has too many issues for me. I'm waiting for FansToys to do Cyclonus.

15. Gamerlingual

Ebay:
    Oh what was the issue for Eligos? From a visual standpoint, the purple looks too strong for me. Thanks guys.

16. ph4zed

Ebay:
    If you have dainty fingertips, as chromemagnus must, then you can skip the tools! If you want to go watch some reviews, you will see why having something handy to pry the feet out with will be helpful... In fact, here is one linked right at the feet transformation:

17. Gamerlingual

Ebay:
    Reviewer Peaugh made it look real easy. Maybe it just depends on the person, but if I can get him for less than $130 with shipping, he sounds worthwhile.

18. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Never mind about BBTS. They did have it on clearance for $110 before shipping but they've sold out. Maybe you can contact them and ask them when they expect to get more in at that price.
    MX-II Andras - Third Party Transforming Toys & Accessories X-Transbots

19. Gamerlingual

Ebay:
    He is the designer of Andras and he made the foot transformation look smooth. Seems like you just need a bit of timing with it to work well. Doesn't seem as bad as I thought. DX-9 Tyrant Galvatron was a pain in the butt to transform to cannon mode, yet I wasn't frustrated. I enjoyed the challenge of trying to figure out how to put it together and go back to see what might the potential transforming problems. I'm loving this Galvatron Tyrant figure, so I just might enjoy this version of Scourge. Now about Eligos Cyclonus, what to do, what do do.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Gamerlingual

Ebay:
    Thanks ChromeMagnus, if it's sold out, I'll see what I can find here at Akihabara in Japan or ebay. There's a few options I have, but $110 sounds reasonable. I'm on the edge for Cyclonus because the asking price is too high.

• Like Like x 1