X-Transbots MX-I Leader Apollyon Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by Paik4Life, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thanks for the very detailed review!

Pretty sure this is the longest I've ever had something on pre-order, and the anticipation has just grown exponentially because of this video.

2. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

3. BAD187

BAD187 Mark of the Wolf

4. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    i mean…it's fine. you realize how innaproriate that would look on a toy that's aimed to mimic the masterpiece style though right? that's absolutely fine for a legends/classic toy that has room for stylization but it would be completely out of place on apollyon.

5. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    thanks for the review! awesome!

6. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

Both wrong!

This is the best megatron headsculpt (ears not withstanding)

[​IMG]

That's right! Be@rbrick Megatron! :D 

#subjectivityisathing

Attached Files:

7. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Gotta disagree, doesn't have the brows and the paint is off.... And even though you said without the ears, uhhh, dem ears yo. To each their own though. Apollyon is looking better with each update.

8. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    There are some tabs that flip out to lock the shoulders in place, but nothing that flips out to specifically support the arms. He CAN hold the cannon arm straight out without additional support though. My vid is uploading, should be up soon.

9. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Here's mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH7SciqZ0zA

Some notes, since people may skip around the explanations in the video:

I broke the stock part. I've already gotten the peg out and it's an easy fix. This was ENTIRELY my fault. One end has simple round peghole, the other has a + shaped peg, and I twisted the wrong end. I feel like an idiot, but at least it's an easy fix.

The arms CAN pop off, they're designed that way to prevent breakage. And honestly, the way the shoulder joints fold around on each other during transfomation, I'd much rather have a ball joint pop off than risk snapping a pinned part. It happens a couple times in the video, mostly due to the way I was handling him from behind the camera. The arms will stay on just fine during normal play, just don't grab his forearm and swing him around.

The shoulder joint could stand to be slightly tighter on the cannon arm, but he IS fully capable of supporting the cannon in a raised position.

The left leg/hip joint likes to pop apart in the video. It was fine earlier, and nothing is broken in that area. I checked after the fact and I'm still not sure what the issue is there. Again, stays just fine during display, supports the figure, but it does tend to pop loose if I put pressure on the leg from some angles. Should be a simple matter of tightening the peg that plugs into the middle waist bit. It's the one potential QC issue I've noticed.

At the end of the video, he stands at an angle for a bit, this was because I hadn't fully collapsed the left (right side of the video) ankle joint. Once I pushed it all the way in the stands fine and level.

OH! Also, I forgot to mention the "dimples." I can see what people are talking about there, but honestly unless you're looking for them, I don't even notice them.

I think that's it.

FINAL VERDICT:

Another leap forward for X-Transbots. It's a solid figure, with some neat transformation bits. A few minor issues with not having fingernails long enough to get under some panels, but everything tabs together well and makes an impressive display piece. It's not 100% absolutelyOMGperfect, but if you've been wanting a great companion piece to MP-10, you'll get your money's worth here.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  10. Slave IV

Thanks for the vid and details! Arms seem good but now the hip issue huh? Overall, still one of the best sculpts I've ever seen for any Transformer.

11. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Yeah. Rotating the little panel on the inner hip piece helped the issue a lot, but it's still slightly looser than the right side. Nothing is stressed or broken, it's possible I just have some little thing misaligned somewhere.

12. Slave IV

Hopefully, especially since it doesn't seem to be an issue with others. I get that a transformation this complicated can have a lot if quirks that will probably make some things not work right if something is just slightly misaligned. Since the design seems so well thought out, I'm betting things will be much better once we all get used to the process and know all the little details that need to be set right (like not twisting that stock piece;) ).

13. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I will have to prove Peaugh(hugs and kisses) just a slight bit incorrect. This one holds up the body weight just fine. But no ball joint will stay in place when the proper angle and pressure is applied.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkZyhD21iko

14. Paik4Life

Paik4Life Reviews

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  15. Paik4Life

Paik4Life Reviews

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Also, glad to see TCracker doesn't have the same issues. Maybe it's isolated to the sample I have. I haven't watched peaugh's review yet but will now.

TCracker, I linked to your videos showing no issues with yours in my Apollyon reviews. Hope that's okay!

EDIT: Watched peaugh's and he seems to have the bicep extension issue but not as severe as mine. So again, looks like the sample I currently have seems to be an isolated issue, which is a good thing for all of us!

EDIT2: XTB also posted on FB that they've resolved any bicep issues and that they are including extra balljoints for the shoulders. Yay!

~Paik

16. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

17. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Somebody needs to tell TC that he's totally allowed to talk when making a video. :D 

18. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I have to say after seeing MP10 standing next to Appolyon in these videos: MP10 is really looking...kinda' bad. Like, not up to current MP standards or something.

Appolyon, Skywarp, Starscream, Soundwave, all look great. And then Prime's kinda' like...he just doesn't fit.

19. Slave IV

Oh yeah? To me the seekers look the worst. I love fighter planes but I've yet to pick up a seeker because they seem crappy to me. I don't have MP-10 either because he's a semi truck which really doesn't do much for me. I do have MP-01 and the more I see MX-I with MP-10, the more I'm tempted. Soundwave, of course is awesome.

20. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I have to know: What is a whole truck? Google was useless in this matter.

Edit: upon rephrasing the question, Google got it.

Semi truck or semi is short for semi-trailer truck. It describes a truck consisting of a tractor and a half-trailer. The trailer is a half-trailer because it does not have wheels both front and back, but only in back. The front is supported by the tractor.