X-Transbots MX-I Leader Apollyon Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by Paik4Life, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Paik4Life

Paik4Life Reviews

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  2. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

Thanks for the review Paik, I imagine you are aware how many have been frothing at the mouth to see this review lol

3. CETERUS PRIME

CETERUS PRIME Well-Known Member

Excellent review ! I'll be referring to this for sure for transformation purposes when mine arrives :)  Thanks !

4. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

I really like it but i do have two major concerns about it
    1, The shoulders,loose and pop off pretty easily
    2, The bicep swivels..causing stress marks just to rotate them is very concerning..
    You said this is a test shot?Not a production sample?

5. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It *is* a production sample, yes.

6. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Punched a squirrel.

News Credits:
    My first thought, anyone having issues with the transformation of MP-09 and MP-05 will really enjoy fiddling with this one.

After that: Seems like a little bit of black paint on the inner portions of the trigger guard/ass panels would make a world of difference.

[​IMG]

7. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

Wondering what came flying out of the ball joint when the arms were initially removed? At any rate, I'll be definitely picking this guy up. Looks like everything I could hope for in a MP Megatron figure. Thanks for the detailed review.

*edit I just realized that you said it was a piece of paper in the ball joint.*

8. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    It was paper.

Wasn't there supposed to be something to peg Appolyon's right arm in place while lifting his fusion cannon so it wouldn't sag? I seem to remember that being mentioned multiple times these past few months.

Or did I blink and miss it? :lol 

9. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey Paik,

Have you tried loosening the shoulder screws on that inner panel to allow for easier movement of the bicep swivel?

10. Paik4Life

Paik4Life Reviews

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    There are my biggest concerns as well. The shoulders popping off and needing tightening seems like it should be easily fixed but the bicep swivel, I'm not so sure. When I spoke with Madhaus Toys who did the original test shot review, he said his arms were very stiff too and he initially missed the bicep swivel as I did. If they haven't fixed it by this stage, I imagine it is too late to fix or will require some fan mods. But I'm honestly not sure.

YES! I didn't even consider that. I will need to do this on mine when I get it!

Yeah, there were small pieces in the arms when I got it. I wasn't sure what to do so I put them back in. I'm sure it's to try to give a little more tightness on this sample. It seems to hold fine as far as holding the arm when pointed forward, but the joint seems weak in holding the arm outwards/away from the body. I'll try to show off what I mean in a follow-up video where I do comparisons and answer some FAQs.

I didn't see anything of the sort on the figure or the instructions. I am guessing that is what the white plastic pieces are, which are now part of the regular transformation.

I haven't gotten permission to open him up. I have to pass it on and don't to mangle it any more for following reviewers. : (

~Paik

11. LizardbotHero

LizardbotHero Arial Reconnaissance

Ebay:
    Wow, dat transformation! So... panel-y. But both modes are solid and that's what counts. I imagine I will just transform him to gun mode once for the sake of it, then leave him in robot mode for pretty much ever after that. Still, I'm very excited for him! Thanks for the review, Paik.

12. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Ridiculously awesome.

13. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great review.

Haha, but wow, I almost dread how flooded these boards are going to be soon with people saying they broke their figures. That is a LOT of moving, tricky, hidden, etc. pieces.

14. AutobotSoldier

AutobotSoldier Well-Known Member

Yeah arms popping off shoulders is a big problem with X-Transbots products. I know that with their version Huffer and it's repaints, the same issue exist. I was hoping that they would have it fixed for their Flagship product, Megatron. Looks like they didn't.

15. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Wow. I definitely saw how the core parts of the transformation would work, but some of those little details definitely threw me for a loop. As someone who hasn't personally handled MP05 and is unbiased by the years of smack talk to him, Apollyon definitely has more moving parts and is more complex. That being said, he looks a lot sturdier than MP05, based on the videos I've seen of both. His joints are tighter, transformation joints look tighter, and everything that forms am main part of the body seems to peg in solidly. Definitely excited for him. Glad you got to do a review, Paik. I loved your Brawny review a few months ago and I was glad to see that quality carry through here.

16. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    I am kinda worried about the thin strips (referring to the ones on the legs, the pieces that come out off the back and the ones that are attached to the arm bits) but I'm assuming all of those are diecast, sooooooo, I guess I'm really not worried. XD I do hope they make those ball joints tighter for the shoulders. Awesome review, thanks for sharing with us. Can't wait to get this guy!!!

17. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    And the award for the toy most likely to never be transformed goes to...

Ha ha ha ha. Every time I saw a thin piece I was like, that's got to be the thinnest part on there, right? And then four more pieces even thinner and longer show up. :D 

Thanks for the review. This will be my Megatron. I like fiddly and detailed.

18. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Too bad, though I guess we'll all find out soon enough.

Did you happen to notice if there was a black tab on either shoulder that is supposed to "lock" the arms in place for posing?

This was featured in the main thread, but I've not seen it mentioned from anyone that has the samples.

19. BAD187

BAD187 Mark of the Wolf

How can you say this is the best headsculpt? Have you nig seen the other 3p Megatron that transforms into a tank? Now THAT'S what I call a headsculpt.

20. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    there definitely was on the test shot i messed with. basically locked the shoulder into the back

they're both good, but i prefer apollyon's

[​IMG]

Attached Files: