X-Transbots MX-I Apollyon (MP Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by primushatesyou, Oct 25, 2014.

1. KevinSig

KevinSig Well-Known Member

Twitter:
  2. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

I would like to see how this turns out, paint and QC-wise, but it definitely aces the eye test. Looks terrifically bulky and powerful. The gun mode looks pretty good too. Much much better than Hegemon's. Definitely keeping this on my radar. If it turns out well, and no (better) MP has been announced, this looks like an insta-buy.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It really doesn't. BUT like 90% of this thing is pretty damn slick, so hopefully all the remaining iffy bits are tweaked before final production. I mean, it's a prototype, right? It doesn't need a total redesign, just some tweaks.

The big hang up for me is the articulated hands. If they really wanted this to fit in with MP's, they'd drop the awful, over-jointed fingers people insist on adding that can't hold shit and just look ugly, (especially with all the holes) and do Soundwave/Optimus-style semi-articulated hands. Consistency will sell this more than over-design aspects like fully articulated hands will.

4. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, TT's Sideswipe turns into a licensed Lamborghini Countach LP500S.

I have already said this is an impressive figure, I'm not sure why so many people are taking such passive aggressive tones simply because my opinion differs from theirs. I just don't like the model of gun he turns into, so to me, he isn't quite masterpiece. That and those hands. The lack of the curve in the front portion of the gun that forms his chest means that his chest doesn't have that curve in the front, which to me was a big part of his look. These little things matter to some people.

5. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Wow... I didn't know I wasn't aware of my own opinion... Thanks for telling me.

To me... Yes... IN MY OWN FRIGGIN' OPINION... This looks absolutely spot-on perfect. I hope the QC is there. I've no personal experience with xtransbots, however I'm willing to give them the benefits of a doubt, and I hope this gets released within the next 6 months...

6. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What's wrong with the gun, Ribie? Proportions are a bit distorted, but it's clearly modelled on a P38, no? Looks like they've tried to get it as close as possible and I think they've done a good job. I wouldn't be surprised if TT would have to make similar compromises to the alt mode. Looks great, although I can't help but being even more excited at the thought it might push TT'S hand.

7. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    No he does not. The top part of his roof and front bumper is from a 400s, wheel arches and Sideview mirrors from a special edition Wolf racing one off, and the rest is 500s

8. Harleytron

Harleytron Decepticon

very impressed. ill still buy the boldforms one but this will be my MP megatron, unless something better comes up, but pretty happy with this. Proportions are perfect and i like that they got his giant underpants section correct

9. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Nice biblical reference tho... The dark angel that brings about the apocalypse... Seems accurate...

10. Ribieconvoy

News Credits:
    My main issues are with the part of the slide that forms his chest. On a Walther P38, that part is curved on the top. With this piece, the curve is less pronounced, and flattens out at an angle on the top. In addition, he has a bunch of unnecessary details etched in that make the gun mode look a bit busy, which the complicated handle portion already does a good job of since it has so many breaks for transformation. Proportions are definitely all there, but the details are off. It's pretty easy to see what I mean with a quick google search of the walther p-38.

Alright then, I'm wrong. He is not a stock LP500s. I assumed there were some custom parts on Sideswipe though because cars are customize-able in many ways, and many sports cars in fiction are rarely unchanged from stock models in any way, and it can exist in real life. Guns, not so much so, at least not in a way that changes the shape of the body of the gun like that. If you don't like my opinion, that's perfectly fine, but you aren't going to change mine by taking a semi-hostile tone with every response.

11. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    It's not hostile. You are nitpicking the gun doesn't look 100% but seem to be fine with other things not being 100%. And if you can say this does not look MP, then some say Mona Lisa is a work of art, but I just see a fat chick that a 5th grader can paint.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Because Sideswipe looks 100% like a car that can exist, wheras Megatron does not look 100% like a gun that can or will exist.

Sideswipe still turns into a real car, albeit modded. Megs here is not a real gun.

13. victoryconvoy

victoryconvoy Well-Known Member

lets all calm down a little bit everybody!!! we can all at least agree that this may well be the best mp megatron for the time being

14. Ribieconvoy

News Credits:
    SPLIT LIP summed up my thoughts perfectly. I would be alright with it if it were a case of Optimus, where he's not based off any particular real-world alt mode so they just made a realistic generic one, but Megs has always been a Walther P38.

15. unexpectedpanda

unexpectedpanda Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not the best images to work with, but this should give people an idea:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why would he have a Decepticon symbol Tampoed onto his chest? Megatron is an Autobot.

And here I thought I was being generous giving them 13 hours instead of just 13 minutes.

Are you suddenly new here again?

For me Sideswipe looks like Sideswipe to me, that is enough. This was highly questionable until I saw Panda's work, now it is a wait and see. I could see Megatron in it, but like so many other prototypes I just couldn't like it, let alone love it. I am also still highly concerned about the company making it though.

17. KevinSig

KevinSig Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Good overall, but that face is making me cackle. It looks fairly goofy with eyebrows.

18. Krommdor

Krommdor The Penance Stare

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    color makes such a difference, thanks panda

19. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    P38 or nothing. Sorry. I'm not gonna shove out my cash for SECOND best. Hence why only Takara and FansToys has been getting my money. I'll admit it's nice looking , but it falls short of what I'm looking for.

20. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

I'm not too fussed about the gun mode accuracy. I want him to turn into a gun that vaguely resembles a P38, but beyond that I don't really care.

That said, after looking at more pictures, his bot mode still isn't quite doing it for me. It's very nice, and certainly better than MP-05, but there are elements that seem substandard and not quite there yet. Maybe this will improve as they continue to work on the prototype.

I will watch this, but I'm fairly confident we'll be seeing Takara Megatron soon. If not I will consider this, however.