X-Transbots MX-I Apollyon (MP Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by primushatesyou, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Transmario

Transmario Well-Known Member

My main complaint with apollyon actually isn't the engineering. Personally, the actual design is fine. My issue is the build quality. The plastic feels cheap, rivets are glued in, the waist is known to shear off. All that stuff makes the otherwise decent engineering a nightmare and nerve-wracking. If they're new stuff is better, great! However, those characters are ones I'm not currently looking for. The only one so far that I would want is Boost, which I've heard is one of their worst figures. So I'll wait for another company (hopefully mmc) to make a Windcharger

2. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

I will say the waist sheering off is definitely an engineering issue. It REALLY should have been a metal pin because a small mushroom peg was not enough to handle the waist long term. The build quality magnified that several fold though. For the first MP style Megatron ever it was a strong entry (I still do think it was outdone ultimately by the official but he wasn't bad on his own). But the quality as just a massive letdown and XTB ALREADY had a poor rep prior so this needed to show massive improvement yet ultimately we just got less crap than before but still crap quality.

3. FrenZ

FrenZ Well-Known Member

I haven't had any problems with Apollyon.

And I much prefer the smooth silver chest and solid smooth gloss black waist, over the official MP kibble and cracks.

And while Apollyon is not TOON accurate,

It has that upgraded G1 toy look that I love.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bugste81

Bugste81 Ste

Still preferred my Megatron after all this time!
    _DSC9562.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  5. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

While it has it's finicky parts, I never had a problem with mine and it is still the best looking Megatron ever made.

Megatron_DSC03889_zpshhzmddk5.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  6. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

Never liked MP-36. I have Apollyon and Mightron as my Megatron's on the shelf. MP-36 is there but in a battle damaged mode, the only thing it can pull off well IMO. MP-36 looks like an really old skinny man trying to cosplay as Megatron with armor made of boxes. Apollyon on the other hand looks like he ready to tear someone apart with his bare hands.

• Like Like x 6
  7. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Polly will always have a place on my shelf, but he doesn't threaten MP-36 or Mightron for top shelf placement :D 
    (super old pics)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  8. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

The resurgence of MX-I love is awesome! I’ll dig up some more of my old pics that disappeared when Photobucket took a dump, lol. Everyone has their taste and it’s all good but just looking at the pics above by @ph4zed I see Megatron in the first bunch but then my eyes get jarred by what looks like someone wearing a Megatron blow up puffy costume and then Steve Erkle. :p 

• Like Like x 5
  9. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    All ya have to do it hitch up your pants and stick out your pelvis
    I'm tellin you, baby, it's better than elvis
    Now point your fingers up to the sky and talk through your nose way up high
    Spin and dip and jump and cavort
    finish it off with that laugh and... snort

Yeah baby, do the MP-36 dance!

Now I fell all inspired to pull all of em onto the same shelf and toss in a couple of Lirpas... Three Megatrons enter, one Megatron Leaves!!

• Like Like x 4
  10. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    Lucky for me I'm just a fan of Megatrons..... I have appollyon, despotron, generations toys Bomber Megatron, and both the officials.

And a few others

• Like Like x 3
  11. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    This has probably been asked quite a bit, but has there been any more word on the rumored 2.0?

12. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

Haven't heard anything but that one comment but I sure would like a new 2.0

13. CyberRat

CyberRat Well-Known Member

I'd love to see news of a 2.0 as well. But I'm in that camp that still loves Apollyon. He isn't my main Megatron anymore and has been in alt mode forever now (I know it's not accurate in size but GD it's a fun toy gun to hold!) I think he's a great Megatron to own if you like the aesthetics. He probably wouldn't have been replaced if his arm cannon could stay up and had more poseabilty like Despotron has. I did not like the official with the exception of the head sculpt. Way too spindly for a leader.

I'm curious about 2.0 because I want the menacing version of Apollyon but with all features we like in newer figures.

• Like Like x 3