X-Transbots MX-I Apollyon (MP Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by primushatesyou, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do with this what you will.

When I first got him I absolutely loved it. It was my 1st 3P item and I was really impressed by him.
    Then I tried to transform him and never did manage to get it all the way to gun mode.
    I got him back to bot mode and loved it again.
    Then his arm started sagging from the weight of the cannon.
    I fixed that and strongly liked him.
    Then his ankles decided not to hold him up so good.
    By this time I had more 3P figures without problems so I started to not like him at all.
    I tried again to transform him and once again could not get him all the way in gun mode,
    He then went into my garage where I haven't touched him in more than a year and now I absolutely hate the damn thing.

• Like Like x 2
  2. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Sounds right but with many figures:
    Deterioration – 3P Toys – The Source Report

3. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

yes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GaryTheNeutral

GaryTheNeutral Decepticon Collector

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Thanks for the replies guys! Asked because I do own Mightron but he broke the day I got him. Despotron is great but that knee sinking while fixable can get tiring and I fixed mine but his left knee keeps sinking. I’ve always loved Apollyon’s looks but another reason I asked is because each YouTube video had a different Apollyon quality. I’m thinking of either Apollyon to but next for the sake of a 3P MP Megatron collection or get Quakeblast or Quakewave next. But thanks for the advice guys, greatly appreciated!

5. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

I used to enjoy transforming him to gun mode but going back was always a paint and of course the the last time I transformed him back was the absolute last time thanks to his leg getting permastuck.

6. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I would say if you like the looks of Apollyon and you're buying him more for display, go for it. If you're buying it as a toy to play with, though, maybe skip it. It's not impossible to transform, but it's not fantastically satisfying in that department and he has some small, somewhat thin parts...unless you're one that really enjoys complex figures and are decently skilled at it (aka not meat-handed) then I'd still say go for it. I still appreciate Apollyon as he was the first, and of the 3rd Party options, I still think he looks the best. He might be the worst toy of the bunch, though...although I never bought or experienced Mightron.

7. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMO no. There are better quality and cheaper priced versions of an MP style Megs including the Takara MP-36 KOs.

8. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know how your Mightron broke, but I feel I have to inform you about Apollyon's waist. It can break if you are not careful. So if you transform your MP's a lot, or even once in a while, be very careful with that waist! Otherwise you can snap him in half. I'm not saying he's cheap, but Apollyon is more fragile compared to Mightron and Despotron. To me he is anyway.

You can fix Despotron's needs by driving in those pins. Either with a punch or with a screwdriver (just be careful!) Those pins can be driven in a bit and his knees will be secure. I haven't done this on mine yet. Been putting it off for whatever reason. He's been standing for months now and he was moved recently for cleaning and relocation. Knees are holding up fine on mine even without the fix. Results may vary.

9. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

That's what made me go from feeling like he's an ok figure to complete detractor (that and his leg getting stuck when transforming back).
    On that note I've heard there's a fix/mod using a screw (for Apollyon's waist); do you know if that's a good way to go about it or particularly difficult?

10. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
  11. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Well-Known Member

LoL, this is why mine hasn't sold. Sigh.

• Like Like x 1
  12. barok

barok Well-Known Member

13. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Better grab it before it's gone then. :) 

14. RustyScreamer

RustyScreamer Lurkin everyday, rarely postin

I still really enjoy Apollyon and think he gits perfect w Mp-10. I'll never get rid of him, even though I recently picked up the Mp-36 reissue.

15. MegaGeek

MegaGeek Well-Known Member

I'm sure I'll get some flack for this, but no he's not at all. When Apollyon came out he filled a much needed gap. That's the only reason people forgave his 101 short comings. MP 36 supersedes Apollyon in ever possible way. Period. If you don't have the cash for MP 36 save up until you do and buy him. Nothing else comes close.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

MX-I will always be THE Megatron of my collection. But, I finally have a place to display my Quakeblast and the only other Decepticon that looks good and mean enough to pair with QB is this guy

[​IMG]

So, I've started a Decepticon Elite Team shelf. MP-36 is standing in as Megatron on my other shelf now along with Shockwave and Soundwave (MP-29 & MP-13).

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  17. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Not many threads topping 1k for one figure. That says a lot of the power of Apollyon. Whine all you like naysayers. . . Apollyon still has a place on many shelves. His return to popularitywill come again after current figures become too common place.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Galiss

Galiss Such heroic nonsense...

Ebay:
    Lol. Funny how non of the responses to GaryTheNeutral's question mentioned how hard it is to keep Apollyon's legs pegged to his crotch...

19. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

If you are finding it hard, you haven't locked in all 4 pegs correctly.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

No problem with the legs on mine. They have always stayed snuggly pegged in where they belong and I’ve had this figure since day one. Still one of the best MP TFs 3P or official IMO.

• Like Like x 3