X-Transbots MX-I Apollyon (MP Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by primushatesyou, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

Matty.

2. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

Debatable, MP36 is an amazing figure through out, well engineered and well designed along with being super posable and having some brilliantly clever gimmicks ( shortening the scope was a very simple and clever idea between modes that no one had considered before )

Thad said, he is tailored to a very specific look (toon) and if that doesn't suit you than apollyon is a great option. I have both and the intent was to sell Apolyon, I can't bring myself to do that but in hand there is no question MP39 is a better figure and looks better if you are OK with their asthetics

• Like Like x 2
  3. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

I wouldn't go so far as to say he looks better in either mode. Certainly he looks more solid and cohesive. Much less panel liney. But his gun mode is too wide, he's got big ol diaper hips, his legs don't look much like cartoon or comic Megatron's, he's got random floppy kibble hanging from his legs and forearms.

Mp36 has too many panel lines, a torso to leg ratio that, while it does match some animation shots, still looks a little too leggy, skinny feet, a grey metallic paint that looks pretty cool but would look better if it were silver instead, and an alt mode that is much more accurate than Apollyon's but it's nearly ruined by just how broken up and panelly it is.

I love my Apollyon and I like how he looks bulky without being ott like Despotron, and I like the silver paint, but I have no delusions that he looks "better" than mp36. That's why, once the various mp36 kos are out and reviewed, I'm going to be replacing ol Polly on the mp shelf. Probably stick him in gun mode next to mp01, g1 Optimus, and the upcoming Wei Jiang ne01 Megatron on top of my detolf.

4. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Dx9 shortened their scope between modes on Mightron.

On the MP36 looks toon part, I personally feel that it actually misses the mark there a bit with his too short waist and too long legs. Though Megatron DID look lanky often in the toon, MP36 looks like a dainty supermodel to me which bums me out and makes it difficult to take him seriously, lol.

• Like Like x 2
  5. toretilo

toretilo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I contacted the creator Reza_Aulia, since I saw he was willing to send the design by private message. It took a while but he sent it to me at last, and I looked for a local 3d printer on 3dhubs.com and got the feet printed, and they look great. Polly looks the true antagonist of MP10 to my eyes, and MP36 just doesn't.
    If you are interested, you are free to contact him on Instagram, or it won't hurt if you pm me.

polly mp10.jpg mp36 mp10.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  6. Scourgatron

Scourgatron For president 2020

News Credits:
    Apollyon with MP36's head would be the end all.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    And an elongated torso and shortened legs.
    And no vagina.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Windsweeper II

News Credits:
    It's all subjective.
    I prefer Polly's diaper over MP-36's.
    Apart from that and the inner side of the legs which would reaaaly benefit from some covers (if someone on Shapeways would design some that would be bliss) i prefer him to all alternative's.
    He doesn't have to be accurate, he just has to look good and look like G1 Megatron and he does both very well to me (apart from the inner side of the legs).
    I think i'll leave him in botmode when i get him and use IT MP-36 to transform.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Scourgatron

News Credits:
    I’m a fan of his movie thickness. I don’t know why they didn’t base MP36 off of that?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Windsweeper II

News Credits:
    Movie thickness?

11. Scourgatron

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

He’s drawn heftier in the movie.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

I think if XTB did another run of Apollyon with a little love thrown into the plastic and a longer connection between the upper and lower torso as well as a bit more strength in that rod it would be perfect. And team up with that guy that printed those feet,they help a lot.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Windsweeper II

News Credits:
    And legcovers.

14. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

I don't know... there are very few scenes I remember in the show where Megatron looked as anorexic as Mp-36.
    Maybe those off episodes where a different animation crew did episodes like "Autobot run" or the new york city episode where they turn Prime into a gator; where the animation was like Hanna-Barbera. In any case, Apollyon is the bomb.

Also there is something off on the face sculpt for Mp-36 that I don't like.

• Like Like x 1
  15. itscramtastic

itscramtastic Well-Known Member

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! I've never seen that part of the foot break!! I know mine doesn't line up great there but I never really messed with it. Diecast too, right?

I'm glad they got back to you though!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Nope, this is a plastic part.

Its good to know they have some sort of customer service unlike bad cube and hastak.

17. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    towerofdoom.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  18. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

In pretty sure they followed one of the promo / scale chart images for Megatron. You can pose him to match it and it matches up almost perfectly. His torso/leg ratio looks fine in the illustration but looks strange on the toy and for very good reason: the illustration is drawn as if the viewer is looking up at Megatron. His torso is shorter because of foreshortening. Doesn't make sense to do that in a figure. Still, I like how mp36 looks for the most part so I'm'a get one of the kos. Oddly, I always found Apollyon's legs to be too short. A happy medium between the two would be preferable.

• Like Like x 2
  19. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Ankles can be extended on Apollyon. mp36 isn't bad... just not my favorite Mp megs.

20. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Banned

Its funny how a figure like Apollyon still has an active thread, while other much more exciting reveals and better designed figures have been stagnant.

Seems to be a divisive figure, so I guess that's enough to keep it active.