X-Transbots MX-I Apollyon (MP Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by primushatesyou, Oct 25, 2014.

1. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

Nothing wrong with this figure outside of he's definitely fragile and an older design. Some people really need to have the latest and greatest but personally I think he's a really good Megs and still represents on my shelf along with the official and Mightron.

Personally I rank Mightron 1st, Apollyon 2 and official last. The official is ok but it just doesn't have much presence compared to the other 2, it's actually pretty easy to overlook (most people do when they see my stuff and go "Oh you have another one there"

Mightron feels to me like The Movie Megs and Apollyon is a great toy/toon feel to it. It just oozes personality and does some great poses. The official does "Prime just gave me a smack down" look with the damage parts and that's really all it's got over the other 2 IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  2. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I picked up Apollyon first, then mightron, then Despotron. Yet after all of these releases... Apollyon still stays as the main Megatron in my display.

No doubt the head sculpt and build on mightron is far better. It's not in question as to whether Despotron is better made with more quality materials, and a more durable figure overall..

And yet still... In my main display, something prevents me from replacing Apollyon. It's either stupid sentimental value maybe it's the silver paint and his girth, but he still hasn't come out of the display even though by all rights, he really should get the boot...

• Like Like x 5
  3. WNDCHRGR

WNDCHRGR TFW2005 Supporter

I think the big difference is when the V1 came out people said the arms were extremely loose at the shoulder, like it wouldn't stay up. Then there was a fix, but people said the fix was worse because it was so tight they thought they were going to break the arm. I got the V2 and mine was fine, don't know about others copies, but mine has been posed holding his cannon up and forward for most the time I had him.

• Like Like x 2
  4. boomerdave

Yeah V1 you could rotate his arms and it would pop right off. He came with replacement ball sockets you could screw in and took like 5 minutes to replace. They were "tight like a tigah" but they were fine for posing and held well once they were in. So if his arms pop right off out of the box, it's V1. If someone is buying one new, odds of it being a V1 are slim to none at this point. Regardless, it should come with the new joints and if I recall right, Andras / Scourge came with ball joints 3.0 for this guy that are like a happy medium btw the too tight and too loose. I never used mine because I like the tighter ones but they're an option too.

• Like Like x 2
  5. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

All V1 and V2 came with Ball joint replacements. They do work better if you take the time to install them , but I found floor polish works to an extent if you don't want to the time to swap them. I swapped them on one of mine and it was pretty perfect. Kind of a FansToys plastic squeak.

Also,
    Apollyon is more flexible than the others as his arms are on ball joints. Arms on ball joints counts for something in this case and I imagine this was designed to pull off some really awesome poses. In the case of the number 2 most known figure in the G1 series, this does count for something.

XTB didn't make is a slave to the G1 show or comic... I suppose they didn't want it to look like Mp-36 ^O^.
    ap3s-l1600.jpg ap2s-l1600.jpg aps-l1600.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  6. WNDCHRGR

I remember watching a review back when, the guy installed those ball sockets and he could barely move the arm. My V2 was fine out the box never replaced the shoulder sockets.

7. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't understand the love people have for Mightron and Despotron and the hate for Apollyon. Apollyon had a fiddly transformation, wide hips, and some QC issues but he's the only one of the three that looks like a proper Megatron. Seriously I don't see the appeal of the other two at all. I mean you can like whatever you wanna like and that's fine but how can you say that Apollyon is inferior to those two like it's a hard fact when they don't actually look like Megatron?
    That said, I think Apollyon's days in my display case are numbered. With so many options for an mp36 ko coming up, I'm sure there will be one I like. After that, Apollyon will take his place in alt mode on top of my display. Right more there's g1 op in alt mode and mp01 in bot mode up there, soon to be joined by ne01 (as soon as it releases) in bot mode and Apollyon in alt mode (once mp36ko releases).

• Like Like x 2
  8. boomerdave

Yeah he can really pose in neat ways. Mine is VERY much like that first picture but he's got that closed fist "I will rule this puny world" thing going on...other than that, he's doing the same pose. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  9. boomerdave

I'm pretty sure I followed Emgo's review on installing them. Once you get them on you spin them a few times and it loosens them up. You just have to hold the joint so it didn't unpeg while you were doing it was all.

• Like Like x 2
  10. boomerdave

Wait till you get the MP36 version. I thought I'd love it and it'd be the best one but when I got it...well...it wasn't king of my display, that's for sure. YMMV

• Like Like x 3
  11. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heh. Fair enough. I like the pics and the reviews I've seen of him. Sure I'd prefer if he were silver. And had slightly shorter legs and a longer torso. And a simpler transformation. But not too simple. Like he would have some thin metal armatures that moved his hips and arms around during transformation. That'd probably lead to having wide hips, some fiddly bits on his arms and legs and some QC issues but damn that would make one sweet Megatron! How come nobody's done that yet?

• Like Like x 1
  12. boomerdave

I agree! Someone once did a Frankenstein pic of a comment I made of "if only you could take this part and that part and put them all together for the perfect Megs" lol

If you do get an official, be careful of the paint. I know some people say it's not true but every one I've ever seen that was transformed is covered in chips and scratches. Hopefully if you get a KO they'll do a more quality paint job and it'll be a non issue for you :) 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I'm gonna wait for the reviews on the various KOs before I decide on one. Hopefully at least one of them will have the paint issues sorted out.

• Like Like x 1
  14. WNDCHRGR

That's the one downside to multiple MP options of any character, each points out the flaws of the others.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BTW, I was making a joke with my comment. Mp36 but silver with shorter legs, metal armatures, wider hips, and QC issues. I was describing Apollyon :p 
    Guess it wasn't as funny as I thought.

• Like Like x 5
  16. WNDCHRGR

LOL,nah I got it. I was actually responding more to BoomerDave saying he'd like to Frankenstein an MP megs from the best parts of the different options.

17. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Same for me. Got MP-36 and he just wasn't what I'd hoped. He looks wonky to me with his long legs and short abdomen. Next to MP-10 he's the same height but his crotch is WAY higher and looks weird IMHO. That said I don't have Apollyon anymore either because of looseness and kibble...

• Like Like x 2
  18. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    If only someone would.

19. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Baring any stupid delays by the post office destron leader will be here tmmw.

• Like Like x 2
  20. SMB73

SMB73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Damn. Saw this resurrection and was hoping it would be about a replacement face for Apollyon.