X-Transbots MX-I Apollyon (MP Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by primushatesyou, Oct 25, 2014.

1. The Smirker

The Smirker Drifting is my game.

Carnifex is always a priority and you shall accept that. :p 

2. Devastator21

Devastator21 Fanstoys zombie

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    nah dinosaurs always take top priority me grimlock says

3. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Well-Known Member

I'd say "who buys an Apollyon for their child" but I've long since given up trying to understand the irrational behaviour of humans.

Principal pulls out a Quakewave in gun mode. Checkmate.

4. Devastator21

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    th
    en the vice principal pulls out a tr sixshot in sub mode upside down

5. Raining8s

Raining8s Decepticon

News Credits:
    Anyone else sell their Apollyon? I packed mine up tonight. Mine had no issues. I will miss that figure.

6. Devastator21

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    when i get mine he will most likely be my megatron.
    he definetly fits in better with mp-10

7. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

I love that face. It's very similar to mp36's, but the eyes have an added black outline around them, like mp Prowl, making it look even better.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Fenz

Fenz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ill wish someone made this megatron face its look bad ass suit him than original apolo..

9. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That new face sculpt along with drawing of the chest damage from the toon reference sheet makes me wonder if XTB (or some KO company) is making a v2 Apollyon to compete with Takra's upcoming MP Megs 2.0.

10. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Same here. I have two. One customized (white face, labels, panel modification), one still looking factory fresh.
    Both solid today, both Transformed every month or so.
    The unmodded factory one I put the replacement shoulder joints on, the customized one I just put floor polish on it; both good solutions.
    I put the dx9 lg-13 Megatron boots on my unmodded one and put him up against Toyworld Primorion. Putting some picks up when I get back into town.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

You can do that? Cool, pics please!

• Like Like x 1
  12. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Mine did when I was 6? I am pretty sure I didnt kill anyone ;) 

Anyways on topic:

I have been waiting for Tak to release pictures and videos of theirs before I moved ahead and so here I am: I dont like the look of all the others, but I dig an Apollyon. I have been reading the horror stories, watching the reviews and it seems to me that people are split in opinion: Some say its utter crap, some say the first runs had problems and now that they are fixed/or with minor issues. This has me confused. I have narrowed it down to either take Aps or leave the Megatron issue entirely (and just put my old g1 on the shelf next to mp10 for the laughs I guess). So any tips to a confused guy?Should I go ahead a get one or drop the issue entirely?

Yo there fellow old timer, I dig my Action master Prime and Megs very much :p  When I was their age, it had devolved into megatron having a lizard head instead of an arm :p 

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  13. Devastator21

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    hes $80 so its worth a try
    ill get him soon.
    im debating between him and mightron. maybe ill get both and a mp-36 ko

14. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

My opinion is that most of them including V1 were fine but some were unlucky and got bad ones. From the sound of things, some things were changed on V2 but there seems to be more cases of looseness in V2s. Basically, I think if you buy one, try to get it used or opened so you know what the deal is. Mine is a V1 that was preordered months before it was released and it is still great to this day. Only thing I ever did was drip some future into the original shoulder joints to tighten it up and it's been good ever since. I prefer having the V1 personally.

I'm getting MP-36 but no way is it replacing XTB Megatron on my main TF shelf.

• Like Like x 1
  15. pilot00

I heard about that Mp36 KO, but with all those panels, thin plastic, tabs and whatadoodos I fear it might not be a good shot. I got a fine MP10 but still that thing looks more complex. Plus I dont like the Aesthetics and the KO wont change that fact. Factoring shipping I found him in the same (almost price) as yours. Plus is it confirmed or a rumor?

Mightron (and the others really) dont do it for me, they are too boxy, and one of them doesnt even have the kibble to form the gun properly.

Good to know. I have a bad knack for second hand items. I just dont feel right about owning them. So I would guess Ill get a new one and draw my dice. Hopefully the fixes they applied do the job. From your comment I get: "Weather its a V1 or V2 its just random chance if it has problems" Correct? That seems to be with any figure.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Slave IV

Pretty much but I don't think it's as bad a chance as some people here make it out to be. The main issue you will probably have with most of them is loose shoulders but they all come with updated joints and you don't really need them if you just use some Future.

17. PlatypusRhyme

PlatypusRhyme Well-Known Member

One note about V2 (at least the one I received), one leg was shorter than the other. It was mistransformed in the box so it took me a minute to realize the problem, but when the legs were full extended, they were uneven. I think it had to do with the ankles being different heights. The retailer took it back. I seem to remember reading a couple of other posters make note that they had uneven legs on V2…I imagine it wasn't a wide spread problem though.

I still have my V1, which really only had the issue of the shoulders…I've never transformed it though, so it's possible other problems could arise if I were to start handling it a lot.

18. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Some don't realize that the ankles extend up and down out of the "shin".;) 

19. pilot00

This 'future', is some short of polish brand for floors/nails ?

We had Primes with the Grand Canyon for a chest, now we get Megatrons walking around with canes......I dodged the bullet on the first hope I do so on the second. I had a policy of never purchusing figures that were first run and so far it worked, but now this is getting better and better, ha!

EDIT: I am not going to transform him multiply also, Just a couple times after I get him, and once in whenever.

20. Slave IV

Yeah, it's a floor polish. Now rebranded under Pledge. If you google it or search these forums, you should be able to find it. Look for multi surface floor polish and if you see acrylic in the ingredients, you should have the right stuff.