X-Transbots MX-I Apollyon (MP Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by primushatesyou, Oct 25, 2014.

1. evilwithin

evilwithin Dinobot

It (always?) comes with replacement parts (they're generally in the same bag with the instructions and a little screwdriver).

I only replaced the right shoulder (the weight of the fusion cannon was a bit too much), 1 minute work and it's good to go. You can still quite easily pop off the arm, but with a balljoint you can't expect otherwise...

On my copy the replacement shoulder is not too stiff, it's almost perfect. Ymmv.

2. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    I kept the ones that came on my v.2 and just added some future to keep them snug. They were honestly fine as they were, but his cannon arm would sag with the cannon on. Haven't had an issue with that since.

3. jammer506

jammer506 Sentient Being

Ebay:
    Well... My Apollyon bit the dust today.

Seems like he became more and more fragile over time. Broke a thumb moving it for transformation, but kept going. Waist sheered off when I was maneuvering it to collapse for gun mode.

Before anyone suggests ham-handed-ness, this fellow was handled with kid-gloves since day one.

Tragic. :( :( 

4. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Chicks dig the Mutt!

News Credits:
    Odd, I've dropped mine [not intentionally] from about four feet onto concrete and only suffered scratches on his back as a result. and not even a lot of those. Ah well... Always Despotron!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  5. mcart

mcart Lighter shade of dork

News Credits:
    This type of story is why I have mp36 on preorder. My collection must have a Megatron and should my Apollyon fail me, the official offering is the best to take his place

6. XIVOLVE

XIVOLVE Well-Known Member

I'm the exact same. There must be a G1 gun Megatron to lead my Decepticons. I have Apollyon but should it fail me in the future, I have MP-36 pre-ordered at HLJ's early bird price (awesome!). I can't wait to get MP-36!
    I was tempted to get Despotron, but the knee issue made me think twice, and then boom, MP-36 announced, so that is where I'm going, heh.

7. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    My Apollyon that I got since May 2015 still stands strong. True it has alot of scuff marks and battered due to the constant play but he is good. Some loose joints on the ankle but he is still good.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

All these Apollyon stories are really, really scaring me.

9. JangoUnfettered

JangoUnfettered Well-Known Member

Has anyone found a stand for Alt mode with the Stock and silencer attached?

10. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

I thought the same about Lambor's rocket launcher - it seemed very plain to ne in cartoon white - i'd likely have been fine with Silver- but the white just looked unfinished to me when I was used to a black launcher with a silver cuff.

I tend to flip-flop a bit on what I think about Optimus having yellow eyes - I definatly like yellow eyes on Soundwave as otherwise they can get a bit lost in the dark blue same is true of Optimus I think they need the contrast to look good.

I'd hazzard that a compromise between real-world looks, the toys original function and form and the cartoon suits me best all filtered through a heavy filter of common sense.

Upside down Winglogos on Starscream is something I flippin' dispise though. I am undecided on what I think of the scrollwork on Megatron sometimes I think it suits him sometimes I find it jarring. so I'd take that one on a case by case basis.

But that aside overly-fiddly non-fun transformations are more of a bother than the minor surface details are to me, I can overlook MP Inferno's overly cartoony look as stickers can fix that - but making something a chore to Transform effectively makes it stuck in one mode if you are to scared to play with it.

11. robh

robh Decepticon

Ebay:
    If you want to offload it for parts at a decent price pm me. Mostly looking for the head

12. tempy

tempy Well-Known Member

Does this company still exist?
    I recently sold mine to someone and now they are complaining that they broke it and wants thier money back. So i offered to contact the company to see if i could get replacement parts.
    Is it futile to ask them?

13. magick

magick Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You could try contacting TFSource to see if they still have any replacement parts. What are they claiming broke?

14. Quickstrike2013

Quickstrike2013 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sorry but if they broke it you can't be held responsible. As long as you have emails with them stating that they broke the figure you don't have to do anything BUT in good faith you can try to get parts but that would be up to you

• Like Like x 1
  15. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

Dude, it's your call, but I'd say it's not your problem as long as you sold it in good faith and without knowing of any obvious defects. This toy has a number of fragility issues that are on the manufacturer, not you.

I say let them contact XTB themselves (they are most definitely still around).

This is part of the risk associated with buying second-hand stuff, and part of the reason why people may wish to pay a premium for a retailer purchase where the retailer can help with any issues.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Doesn't hurt to try. If you were able to find this thread, you might have noticed several threads about upcoming products from XTB so they definitely still exist. You might want to try some of the more reputable retailers here too. They may have the parts you need available.

• Like Like x 1
  17. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

Tell them to get a life. You don't buy a used Apollyon, break it then want a refund from the seller. They're just trying to take advantage of your good nature.
    Tell them to buy a tube of superglue.

• Like Like x 2
  18. tempy

tempy Well-Known Member

Thanks guys.
    I sent the figure in perfect condition and i never transformed it. They are saying that their 11 yr old son is the one who bought it and when he was transforming it things broke off and whatnot.
    So i told them that i will not accept a return because it was in his hands while it broke and besides the figure is for 16+ yrs old. They got angry and started to bash me. I remained calm and told them i dont appreciate their rude behavior and because i fell bad for their kid i offered them a partial refund or contact the toy company on thier behalf. They finally calmed down and didnt say anything about the refund but said they did some research and found out that there are issues with the toy... So you do this AFTER you buy it? Seems odd. They were worried that they don't have the original receipt and that the company won't help them. So i again said id help them and to provide pictures. I have yet to receive anything from them that shows the broken toy.
    I know that i dont have to do any of this for them but I felt bad for thier kid i suppose.
    Anyways thanks for the info. I did email the company and they are requesting pictures. So its in the hands of the buyer now. I hope this is enough for ebay to close the return request. Im trying to be a good and honest seller.

19. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

Ohhhh you sold it on ebay?
    Different story altogether.
    You need to demonstrate to ebay that it arrived fine and is an adult collectible broken by a child. Don't return any money. You're not in the wrong. You made an honest sale and you shouldn't have to lose money because people are idiots.

It's not your fault they are stupid shmucks

• Like Like x 3
  20. Blacktimus

Blacktimus Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This is the issue then. When will parents realize that toys are not for kids!

• Like Like x 2