X-Transbots MX-I Apollyon (MP Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by primushatesyou, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

this made my day
    i was reading earlier in the thread and found that.
    does apollyon have a better transformation than mp-5

• Like Like x 3
  2. Paik4Life

Paik4Life Reviews

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Oh god yes.

3. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

That's a bit strong. I don't know that one is worlds better than the other from a transformation standpoint. Both have their fiddly and fragile points. Neither is super intuitive or something you want to do without instructions the first time...mostly to avoid breaking anything.

4. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

Hey guys, I have essentially a flawless v2 Apollyon that I'm replacing with Despotron. I was thinking that the best way for me to off load him might be to part him out to people here who have ones with slightly broken or scratched pieces, for $10 per major piece, i.e. head, upper arm, shin, etc. It would only take 6 people to be interested for this to be worthwhile, so if you're interested, let me know and maybe this can become a thing :) 

5. itscramtastic

itscramtastic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I actually installed the upgraded ones that came with him (Apollyon first run) and found them too tight for transformation purposes. A few months back when I started doing some work to him I removed them and put the stock ones back on, added a few coats of Pledge Floor Polish to the ball and the socket and haven't looked back. I also added the Pledge to a lot of the other joints and have been thrilled with the results!

• Like Like x 1
  6. itscramtastic

itscramtastic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yes. Yes it would be!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Evertransformin

Evertransformin Well-Known Member

Hey man, I'd be all over this. I've got a broken muzzle that needs replacing. Sending you a message about it.

8. MajinSin

MajinSin Decepticon

I'm no major fan of MP-36 (think its a great looking toy but just not the fit for my MP collection), but your description of Superman's hair is spot on to how I feel about the latest Takara choices.

It's the same with the grey on Inferno but what's driving me nuts right now is the grey on Dirge, who no longer matches the black on Thrust and Ramjet.

I respect that a lot of fans like the toon accurate colours, but I prefer my collection to represent the characters 'in the flesh' so to speak.

Either way is great, but changing it up halfway through as opposed to running a second line is really silly imo. I can see the appeal of having a toon accurate as possible MP line for sure, but I really liked the MP10 style of being toon accurate in the key details but not so much the animation quality proportions and, naturally, plainness.

I imagine I'll mostly be sticking to 3P now that Takara is going this route.

• Like Like x 2
  9. evilwithin

evilwithin Dinobot

I finally caved.

Got my Apollyon for 80 bucks shipped.

It's not perfect by any means, but in the end:
    - MP36 with its proportions and dull gray is not my thing (even if the engineering is outstanding)
    - I'm not going to transform my gunformers anyway
    - I like shiny silver (MT and DX9 are a bit matte)
    - MT is a bit too stylized (expecially the head), DX9 a bit too blocky (expecially the legs and arms)
    - I need a menacing, shiny and sinister Meg to face my badass Quakeblast

Apollyon hits all the marks, it's still the best balance imo (speaking about "appereance"). It's not very solid (but it poses fine) but at 80 bucks I can live with it.

It's strange that a solid figure like Quakeblast is cheaper than that... But in the end it's still a good deal for a glorious G1 Meg that perfectly matches MP10.

WP_20161229_021.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  10. cybertronwarriors

cybertronwarriors @cybertronwarriors on Instagram

Instagram:
    Also, Dante looks huge. Not just in height, but mass too. He's only a fraction smaller than MP-10 from the photos I've seen. It'll fill a nice little niche for people that want their fire trucks to be as big as Prime.

Also, I have to admit I'm not a big fan of Appolyon, however they did nail it with timing (someone mentioned above), and they also proved you can make a better Megatron during a time where even Takara's imagination of him couldn't do. Until then, I bet many thought it was impossible to have a cartoon like Megs. I have to give them credit for that.

Also, I love my Boost and Arkose. I had written them off until I had their not-Beachcomber in my hand. He's a beautiful looking bot with fun accessories. Waiting for their not-Cliffjumper now.

11. cybertronwarriors

cybertronwarriors @cybertronwarriors on Instagram

Instagram:
    The Superman analogy is on point. I always thought the same when people preferred a white-faced FT Willis because it was toon accurate, while in fact white was most likely used to represent light silver.

I feel being slavish to toon accuracy is distorting designers' and consumers' tastes for better design.

But to each their own.

As I say, make what's good, not accurate.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

Just like blue windows were likely used to represent glare so they didn't have to draw vehicle interiors in every shot.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

So, I want a Megatron figure and now Apollyon is by far the cheapest masterpiece quality one. I watched some video reviews and something worried me: do his arms really come off that easily? In the videos they detached from the shoulder joints multiple times when the figure was transformed or posed.

14. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Depends on which version you get and/or if you have the replacement shoulder joints. The perfect ones apparently come packaged with their Scourge.

15. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

There is some way to identify the good or bad version before buying, or it's only matter of luck? Shipping fees to Italy mean that if I have to return a defective toy or order spare parts I'll probably end spending more than for a Mightron.

16. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

The perfect ones should come packaged with him.
    So.e are perfect some arent

17. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

Same differences noticed with my V2

• Like Like x 1
  18. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Lex79, if I have the shoulder parts (never paid attention) in my Xtransbots Andras/Scourge box you can have them for cost of shipping.

19. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

You're very kind. I'll let you know if I'll need them.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

My understanding was always that the ones in place were to loose,the replacement ones were really tight but the ones that came with Andras were much better. Mine did come off that easily,if you can get the ones from Decepticon13 I'd say you'll have a pretty nice MP Megatron. I just switched to Despotron but Apollyon had a place on my shelf for a long time before that.