X-Transbots MM-X Toro and MM-XI Coprimozzo (Cliffjumper & Hubcap)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Feb 4, 2016.

1. boomerdave

boomerdave Well-Known Member

Yeah they all seem to be like that sadly. Yours is actually a lot better than some I've seen where it practically glows it's so off so....there's that (not that it makes it right or anything).

I had no idea that's where that name came from though so I learned something today. Thanks for that :) 

2. PsyberianTiger

PsyberianTiger Unknown member

Yeah, i went back a few pages & saw one Hubcap that was crazy off with almost every panel a different shade of yellow.
    No prob! I thought Coprimozzo had to have some significance. It's to crazy of a name to not have a meaning behind it.
    I dig when they put the thought & effort into making clever 3rd party bot names.

3. blorgicus

blorgicus Well-Known Member

i just got my toro today and it's goddamn amazing. Backpack be damned, XTB is on a roll lately. hell you could even call it a shellformer.

I don't like the aesthetics of MP bumblebee, what are my other options? Toyworld Bii?

• Like Like x 2
  4. PsyberianTiger

Did some slight mods to his face. Really digging this guy. 20180711_183243.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, I wish the bot mode windshield color/tint was also the same on the alt mode windows.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime!

Ebay:
    Broke down and ordered Toro today during eBay's 15% off sale. I was gonna pass cause the fake roof/car top in bot mode still bugs me, but I guess if I can let it slide on MP Sunstreaker, I can give this guy a pass too. Besides, at $53 and change with free shipping, it was worth taking the risk.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Spaceman1251

Spaceman1251 Legendary Warrior

Instagram:
    I also finally bought Toro with the eBay sale. Even though I'm a little short on cash til next week, this figure is a must buy for me, and I needed this dude while he's cheap and before he becomes hard to find. And I'm not worried, I've only been charged like $3 interest on a credit card in the past 8 years. Now I just need to figure out how to get a 2nd one for my vehicle mode display.

8. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You know, since you mentioned it, it's funny to me how so many "official only" people bashed Badcube's Sunsurge when he came out for his faux chest...and THEN Takara releases their own Sunstreaker with- wait for it- a faux chest. ;) 

• Like Like x 5
  9. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    Preach brotha!

• Like Like x 6
  10. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Ok, got to play with mine (arrived yesterday), and

Positives
    1) I like the toy and transformation overall, and it's a keeper. Looks good and currently happy i got it
    2) The face looks very good to me, and eyes too.
    3) The backpack is not a problem in person for me, especially when windshield is locked in all the way.
    4) Red Paint and detailing on car are very nice. I love the colors of the windshield personally and well tinted,
    5) Quality is good, no complaints
    6) Nice A Stance possible with this figure
    7) Alot of accessories
    8) Articulation in general is very good.

Negatives
    1) Windshield in bot mode is not great looking. A member here used black vinyl tape on part of the red rectangle piece, and i will go to home depot to get some electrical tape and try it. It should improve the look i think, at least it did on pictures for the other member
    2) Guns...
    a) the hole where it shoots is too small, and makes it like there is no hole... I have seen Xtransbot do this on some of their other toys, and i will have to talk to the designer, this is an area that can definitely be improved
    b) in person, the none painted gun is a let down / not prestine. I dont have time / area to paint anymore, so that doesnt help.I think Silver or Gun Metal would have been nice.
    3) Hole on the forarm on the bottom side makes it that i wont be displaying him with hand pointing gun at 90 degree, one of the typical stances i like having. More of a nitpick, well sorta.
    4) Instead of all the misc accessories - gun, having less but painted, and extra face expressions (happy) would have been better in my opinion
    5) Wish it had double jointed hand for extra flexibility, but nitpick
    6) Wish it had more die cast like my FT Seaspray, but nitpick.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pessimus Prime

Pessimus Prime Slackerbot Commander

Got my Coprimozzo in yesterday and...it's good enough but I'm a little underwhelmed. Just don't think XTB nailed the sculpt this time around. I was holding off on a CJ till I had this one in hand to see how much I liked it. Definitely going for Hellion (also flawed, of course) for CJ. I get that the backpack doesn't bother some people but man, it's visible from every angle, including the front, and throws it all off. Apparently a lot of people pose their figures in a sort of rigid, front-on perspective, but if you put this mold in anything like a dynamic pose you're gonna get that thicc. The colors on my Hubcap are definitely not matched well but that's one thing that only blights alt mode; on mine anyway, it's only the roof and hood panels affected (a lot of it seems to be the common problem of paint not matching when applied over translucent plastic). In bot mode, his colors are pretty much all the same. Even if the backpack weren't an issue, there's something kind of dull and lifeless about the mold that I just can't shake.

On the plus side, the head sculpt is much better in person that I thought from photos, and the various weapons are pretty nice. I'm not sorry I got him, and I like to have different molds for mold-mate characters where possible. But overall I think this is a rather disappointing mold. It's kind of got me worried about their Skids, which is one I really want to like, but I'm not digging the renders so far.

12. PsyberianTiger

I think at this point it should be a necessity for MP scaled figures to come with optional faces to swap out for more dynamic display options. X-transbots has done it in the past, so I was bummed to find out these guys did not!?
    I would have been happier with one gun (& bazooka for Cliffjumper) with at least one swap out alternate face sculpt instead of the multiple guns/staff. Just my opinion o_O 

• Like Like x 1
  13. joshuakern

joshuakern Member

Hey @jream any chance of making some forearm covers for these guys, similar to your MP Bumblebee set?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Instagram:
    I continue to love Toro. Took him and Downbeat on a field trip to Lake Ontario this morning :) 

8DCDD5EC-571F-49D3-B238-8DA2A30247DD.jpeg 5BAD7643-FF09-4BDD-BDAB-07C719831979.jpeg 391F9DB6-6F19-4E72-9D9B-8246890A41D6.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  15. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  16. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    +1

@jream, common buddy, we need you!!!

17. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

Yes, agree, and i asked the designer 598 (youtube and twitter) if he could do some alternate faces for this and the stunticons, and he just might or will try. The more fans ask though to both Xtransbot and 598, the more the chances.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ComputronX

ComputronX Till all are MP

Ebay:
    +1

Jream to the rescue!

• Like Like x 1
  19. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Alternate faces/facial expressions should be mandatory for all 3P/official MPs. I agree it should have been done here. Transistor, Doubledeck, Crash Hog, Dumpyard, and Eligos could have really used them also.

Dr. Wu and X2Toys each made alternate faces for MP Bumblebee. It would be nice if they did the same here.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  20. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    And take a stab at lower priced replacement backpack covers.

• Like Like x 1