X-Transbots Krank and Stax (Masterpiece style not-Huffer and not-Pipes)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by NECIO, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    X-Transbots has released the Powerglide mold, in 4 color variants, and the G1 Devastator add on kit in 2 color variants.

The had teasers of releasing toys based on Power Master Optimus Prime, Cyclonus, Galvatron, Ultra Magnus, Springer, Wheelie, Ironhide and Ratchet, but they have not been released yet.

Despite the lack of new product for over a year from X-Transbots they have continued to respond to the occasional inquiry saying they were still working on products.

I know some guys working for X-Transbots also work with other companies, so maybe other non-X-Transbots toys had priority in release. There is a lot of shared talent in the 3rd party community. For instance, did you ever notice the collector card with some MGS products are identical in design to the collector card in X-Transbots not-Powerglide? I'm guessing they were designed by the same guy.

---

Interesting development. X-Transbots posted the following on its weibo page:

So it seems they didn't plan to release pictures of their not-Huffer and not-Pipes until it was developed more, but when the Cubex not-Huffer was announced, they moved forward with the reveal.

If you recall X-Transbots was developing a Ratchet/Ironhide toy last year just before iGear released their Ratchet/Ironhide, which probably ruined the market for them. They probably don't want that to happen again.

2. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One!

Ebay:
    Hmm, interesting. I'm leaning towards the Cubex version of Huffer for the moment, but I like Pipes and am very curious about how he will look.

3. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

Masterpiece? Check
    G1? Check
    Proportions and sculptwork? Check
    Realistic looking? Check
    In scale to others? Check
    Protto so close to reality? Check
    Likely obscure enough to not get a Takara MP treatment? Check.

What is there to not like about this guy? Money down the second they're up for pre-order. These are just fraking awesome.

4. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good news for GoBot fans. X-Transbots posted to Facebook that they are interested in making a Road Ranger inspired recolor too of the Krank mold. So that's three toys to pick from, and let this sink in.... A MASTERPIECE GOBOT!

[​IMG]

5. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A bit more masterpiece'y than the "Dimensional Explorer" version might lead one to believe....I'd wager.

6. Wheel_Jack

Wheel_Jack pitying fools

Ebay:

Attached Files:

7. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Holy crap that is pure MP quality and the size is right (hoping that Takara MP BB doesn't change that). I really hope that the price is right.

X-Transbot, you should offer a solid savings for ordering both :) 

8. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    damn these look good. pipes not a direct repaint of huffer? I'm all in.

9. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    According to the drawings we saw Krank is 6.25 inches tall, at the top of the cab over his head, which is still shorter than Classic Voyager Optimus Prime. So if you wanted a Classic Voyager Huffer, it fits as that too.

Going to the G1 size chart (everyone take a drink):

[​IMG]

In the show Huffer was supposed to stand 10 feet tall, making this toy 1/19 scale if you go by the show height.

10. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Looks cool but something about the proportions and aesthetics are throwing me off. His proportions look too "normal" and human-like, almost superhero-ish, if that makes sense. This Nuffer is lacking a bit of the goofy Minibot charm inherent in the character (the head looks too small and should be a tad bigger, for example). Huffer should be a bit more squatter-looking, in my view, and not so.... svelte, I guess is the word? XD

11. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can we get a yellow recolor as "Big Shafter"?

12. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

I can't look at this and not think how awesome he is but it's just much less buffer to me than cubexs version even if it is the nicer standalone toy. It's like huffer became a badaSS AND Took roids too lol

13. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Looking great! :thumb 

zmog

14. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    So going by the scale sheet Huffer should reach to the top of the medium sized MP's shoulders/botton of the head.

Let's hope to see a picture of that. Scale is so important to the MP line because it is something we have all wanted and gone without in G1 for....well, forever.

15. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

Are those hands fully articulated? Even if the fingers are formed together, I'm impressed. That would appear to be an edge x-transbots has over the Cubex version.

16. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

True... but bear in mind that even back in 1984, not all of us agreed with the scale as presented in the cartoon. There is a significant contingent of fans who always believed that "minibots" should be more or less the same size as their "regular" car-based colleagues.

I always cringe when the scale sheet comes out, because it seems so incredibly arbitrary (especially considering the cartoon rarely stayed true to their own style sheet). Quibbling over minor details about whether Huffer's backpack comes up to Prime's neck, or only up to his windows, seems like the most inconsequential of factors, especially compared to issues like "do the vehicle modes look mostly right together" and "is Bumblebee the smallest like he's supposed to be?"

Just an alternative view. But I agree... a reasonable approach to scale is something we've been mostly without for so long now. The problem is that nobody can agree on what that scale should be. :) 

zmog

17. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I selfishly support the scale sheet because I like my minibots small. Alt mode may suffer but that is fine because I'm all about Bot mode.

The only thing I do not agree with on the scale sheet is combiners. Even as a kid I never liked how 5 or 6 bots smaller than Prime combine and become 100X bigger than Prime.

Mass shifting, the bane of collectors everywhere. :D 

18. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Cubex version = MP (G1 accurate)

X-transbot version = Classics (updated to modern day aesthetic)

19. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

Again, we agree. I think being true to the spirit of the scale chart is the important thing. Being spot on, 100 percent accurate down to the millimeter isn't really that important.

20. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    Thanks for the heads up; those pics are great. He will look very nice beside iGear Gears, iGear Brawn, Classics Cliffjumper, and Artfeather Bumblebee. I'm guessing XTransbot Huffer will be the largest which is fitting since he's a truck.

Only poor Windcharger is being neglected...