X-transbots Devastator "upgrade"

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by ichnach, Jan 18, 2012.

1. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

Just got this turd in the mail today and cannot recommend buying it. Major QC issues abound.

To start the head was not even in the box, just an empty spot in the foam where it should have been.
    The hands are a total joke. none of the fingertips were on the hands at all. They were just randomly floating around in the box. When I try to attach them they immediately just fall off again. The sockets themselves appear to have minor stress marks, as if the fingertips were too large and ruined the sockets. They attach similarly to Primus fingertips but way less secure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The new leg attachment piece seems pretty solid and the figures lock in pretty tightly but he has some balance issues due to his right leg being a tad longer (might just need to fiddle with it a bit for this.)
    The waste shield seems flimsy and I was almost afraid to rotate the side pieces for fear they would just snap off. The chest shield was actually nicer than I expected from the pictures and looks quite nice attached.

The new connector, for the head that wasn't in the box, absolutely will not fit around hook. I have tried sliding it left and right and the connector gap is just not thick enough. it partially goes on and makes his chest stick out and looks retarded. It can be forced on but actually scrapes both the connector and Hook.

[​IMG]

The new forearms also have a big problem. The right arm connects very solidly, whereas the left arm connects so loosely that it just flops. It does say this is for the reissue so that may be part of it. Each forearm is designed to fit only 1 side. if you put it on the wrong arm it won't move.

[​IMG]

I am using this on an original G1 Devy.

The packaging was nice and included a little poster of the box art and a clear plastic card with a picture of devastator on it. It's probably the best thing about the whole deal. I emailed robotkingdom.com about it so hopefully they can do something to correct the issue.

Final result: DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF JUNK UNLESS YOU WANT TO SPEND $50 ON NEW LEG EXTENSIONS. Crazydevy actually seems to be the better deal this round.

*edit FINALLY got the head connector to attach, but it is VERY tight and is heavily stressing the plastic of the connector. It's tight enough there were little green shaving inside the connector. I also fiddled with the legs some more. It is very difficult to make him stand, and my constructicons are not loose at all.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  2. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the review. I had a feeling that there would be major QC issues with anything from CHMS.
    Throw us some pics if you can.
    Looks like I will be going for the JB-07 version.

3. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    That might be the problem. This set is designed to go with Encore Devy. Anyways, I'll have to wait to find out. I got this set for $25 on Taobao but haven't bought Encore Devy yet. :lol 

4. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Are the hips ratcheting or ball jointed?

Btw, the CD set for the hands are just as shitty as these.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Glad I waited for the Junkion one. Can't be worse than this.

6. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

the hips ratchet, but barely. It has to be a super weak ratchet. can only get it to stand in 1 pose so far. Got a response from robotkingdom and they are gonna contact the manufacturer.

7. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    It sounds stupid but this is actually VERY true.

The Encore Ironhide & Ratchet set of custom heads that came out a few years back DOES NOT fit the G1 Ratchet and Ironhide(very tight and bulges outward) but fits Encore Ratchet and Ironhide perfectly.

8. stormshadow0621

stormshadow0621 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    was really hoping this was a quality set, would have bought the encore with it. Guess I'll go back to my original plan and get the maketoy one.

9. zy80

zy80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  10. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

even if it is specific to the encore release, there is no excuse for the crappy hands and complete exclusion of the head. I finally managed to make it all go together, but he is very wobbly.

11. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:

This. sounds like a cheapy like something they would sell at big lots. Thanks for taking the hit on this so I don't make the same mistake.

12. Astoriacrew

Astoriacrew Well-Known Member

So glad I cancelled my order before reading the review. So tempting to buy, but somehow I knew it looked too good to be true. I'll stick with Encore Devastator's original setup for now.

13. ang3l3s

ang3l3s Sixshot

Thanks for the review, i will stay clear as well!!!

14. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cancelling my preorder RIGHT NOW!

15. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I suggest all who cancel their preorders should make a donation of a few bucks to the original poster, so he can recuperate his loss.

16. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

That junkion kit seems like a good deal as well. If I didn't already own a CD set I'd be going after that one instead.

17. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

Thats a nice sentiment, but defeats the purpose of me warning everyone. Robotkingdom offered me a refund if i want to send it back.

18. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Yup....same here...

19. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I already sold my CD stuff. Almost broke even after fees and shipping.
    Already put in my pre-order for the JB-07 set at TFsource.
    $35 for the whole set. That will get you, like a hand and a cement drum from CD.

20. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I'll laugh my butt off if the JB set is just as crummy.