X-Transbots considering upgrade set for G1 Metroplex and others.

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From the X-Transbots facebook page...

So finger joints, knees and and elbows as an add-on for Metroplex? I'd buy that.

2. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

Probably easier to just knock off Metroplex as is and then add the parts.

Call me weird but I'd actually like Metroplex as a 2up.

I'm not really that bothered about G1 updates as I do not really see the need to ruin a vintage toy - However fakes with new bit I'm fine with - Chromedome and the other Headmaster would be lovely toys if they had some decent joints. likewise the Brestforce.

I can see the use of non invasive parts like new hands - but considering that I use these things in base mode a fair bit extensions to the base mode might be fun.

I think speaking of useful stuff I'd say there's enough people looking for Trypticon spares for it to be worth updating him a bit perhaps with a new fulltilt and repro parts.. and if they were really clever they'd do the same parts for Gigastorm too.

In general though I don't want to muck about with my vintage toys... How about some knees and new hands for reissues like Soundwave & Blaster though - they would be worth doing as there's plenty of reissues of them that it wouldn't matter messing about with a bit. I suppose moding a KO Metroplex isn't such a crime.

3. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    Let them fix the issues with their Devy set, first.

4. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Now they just need to wait for someone to design them so they can recast them :p 

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    So I rebuild Metroplex and add in new parts? I'm interested. The quality will probably suck but I can work with that.

I wish more companies would make parts that make you have to take apart or replace parts from the original to add. More work but the end result would be so much better (in theory).

Still waiting on some G1 Astrotrain arms that extend.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  6. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually our team is discussing any possible for the articulated joints for both combiners or G1 toys. Cos of the limitation of the original toys and uncertain of the market demand, G1 toys about Deluex size is not possible for further enchance upgrade parts , but larger scale such as combiners or even Metroplex "may be workable"
    Hmmm...How about you focusing on the market demand for quality merchandise. Wouldn't that be nice??

7. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

I think there's huge potential for articulated replacement arms/hands/legs etc on the vast bulk of G1 figures. Whether it's X-Transbots or some other 3P (don't own any X-Transbots). As long as the original figure doesn't have to be modded in any way, and the new parts still allow the transformation, I'm all for it.

Stuff like the combiner add-ons don't interest me though, I don't just want added bits that only work in one mode.

8. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    Hope it's better than that PoS devy upgrade set....

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I totally agree here. This is my kind of fun as well :) 

10. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Perhaps they could keep it simple and just do feet plates with a built in ankle tilt and new hands for lots of combiners - many of them do not need much more than that really.

Predaking would be better with a nice huge sword (that was not to expensive).

11. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    I kind of like the idea of giving metroplex a bit of an upgrade. some new knees, elbows and articulated hands would be nice. Or upgrade parts for six-gun to make him have actual arms.