X-Transbots BEK-01 Boosticus Enhancement Kit (EchoTF Generations Bruticus add-on)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by archieboy, Sep 16, 2013.

1. canonball

canonball Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gah. Only for the retail version? Hopefully SDCC/Platinum isn't far behind.

2. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    EchoTf is designing them and X-Transbots is mass producing them. X-Transbots used to use the manufacturing facilities of CHMS, so they QC was poor. Now they use new facilities, so we are hoping they are better.

3. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You must crossed the info. EchoTF and Xtransbot's partnership was announced over at TFCon. ZF is a different group.

4. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Updated the first post with the BBTS preorder. I hope this will be significantly cheaper from Asian retailers. Also waiting for the G2 version.

5. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it's awesome that this is getting produced, but my Bruticus is the Takara release - which had the least amount of votes on the poll by a good margin. I'd like to see another poll once this release is out there, as I think it'll be more well known by then. But when / if a Takara paint version is made, I'll be all over it!

6. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    The price is amazing! I have the G2 version but preordered this anyway, just in case the price goes nuts after it's initial run.

7. mooncake623

mooncake623 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought ECHO is designing them. Is he involved with ZF?
    good to hear X-Tansbots not using CHMS anymore

so ZF is not involved at all? hmm.. thought I heard somewhere they were.

Anyway $55 seems like a great deal! will want the ruination set if it gets released

8. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Echo, that's awesome that this set should be available in November. Do you have any sort of timeline for releases of the other decos? I'll be patiently waiting for the announcement of the SDCC release.

9. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    I never thought it would be out so quick, I was expecting a mid-2014 release at best.

10. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    $55?!

I was already sold on this, but at that price point I almost feel like buying a G2 set just to have.

11. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This was never a project for Zenith Forge. Echotransformer initially was to release this via Shapeways, but saw incentive to present it to a 3rd Party company to have it mass-produced (and colored). X-Transbots took up that mantle.

12. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

I happy to see this has made it to 3rd party...GO ECHO !

13. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    I'd be psyched about this, except for the fact that X-Transbots made the only thing I've ever sent back to BBTS due to lack of quality- their Devy add on. Awful, awful mess.

14. KnightStrike

KnightStrike Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Now have this pre-ordered! Been holding off on doing any detail paint touch up on my Fruiticons until I got this set in hand to see how its all going to look. Thanks again for all you efforts Echo!

15. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    BTW, this set doesn't include the mini shockwave gun.

16. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It never did. Echo did announce this way before X-Transbot confirmed picking up the project. Echo did state that he'd release the mini-Shockwave gun form on Shapeways though.

17. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yes, I just wanted to make sure that people know that this won't come with one. Also, the articulated hands were done by WuLongTi... And should still be available via Shapeways.

18. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...I'm kind of surprised that they went with Frooticus. SDCC/Platinum both match more than close enough to one another... and being that 3P is a niche for folks wanting accurate decos... the demand for this set would probably sell more than the Frooticus.

That said... 55 bucks isn't a bad price for something that polishes a turd of a figure. Also not regretting that I have Frooticus in my BBTS PoL atm. (I do want Platinum and a kit to match it some day though!)

At the behest of folks that wouldn't have the ability/patience to paint the set... and also those who figured that if he didn't get a 3rd Party to ship it... someone would outright steal the kit for mass production.

19. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm surprised about all the comments about how people are surprised. The way I look at it is this:
    The poll asking which color to release first showed the Fruiticus deco neck and neck with the SDCC deco. It's pretty much a toss up between them, but X-Transbots does know that there are a ton more Fruitici out in the wild than SDCC decos, so if it's a toss up between those two, you go with Fruiticus first to grab some dollars from that much larger potential client base.

"But That Guy," you say,"The SDCC and Platinum decos are so close, if you add those together it about doubles Fruitcus' poll numbers!"

Nothing has been announced that those two versions will be handled by one kit. The fact that Fruiticus is getting attention first may be a small hint that they will be treated separately. I'd even go far enough to say that in response to your comment about 3P being a niche for accurate decos, wouldn't that bug the crap out of collectors two have an upgraded SDCC/Platinum Bruticus that had its upgrade parts off color a little bit? May turn people off of the kit, but this way they can match them exactly, hopefully that translates to more sales.

Btw, looking at the bbts picture of the kit and trying to ID the parts. Anyone have an idea what the bottom left thing is?

20. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Confused by the price celebration...I mean, I wouldn't call it a terrible price as far as 3rd Party goes, but there's not exactly a whole lot of moving parts or assembly going on here. The price seems average at best. And that's not a knock on the set, it looks great, but the price...could be worse, but definitely could be better.