X-Transbots Aegis (Trailbreaker) and Paean (Hoist)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Sep 16, 2016.

1. 2003 Megatron

2003 Megatron You still ain't saying nothing. Still silent

News Credits:
    Did you tab in the backpack? And when you rotate his arms does it get in the way?

I just got mine and if I tab the backpack behind the shoulders when I rotate the arms it they make contact. I found on mine that if I don't peg the backpack in. They barley make contact and the backpack is that unstable like that. So it doesn't bother me much at all. That's the only issue I have on mine. If anyone has a trick to where you can peg the backpack in without it interfering with the shoulders please let me know.

The fingers on mine are good. They are not loose and posing them none of them didn't pop off. I was careful of course, but no issue there. They are soft tho and I will use caution with them. But paint apps are all good even the stripes are good in truck mode. At least better then what in have seen on some. But yes the shoulders are bad if you tab in the backpack. How in the fuck that got approved is beyond me.

2. Devastator21

Devastator21 Caesium is dead.

Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Which one

3. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 I probably hate you, too

Got my Paean the other day.

Damn, netclow is reliable!

I bought this figure after hearing and watching a lot of reviews. When I buy a MP-ish figure, I want it to be the last of that character. No more good-enoughs or stand-ins.

I'm happy with Paean. I won't be replacing him. He's great. There are some things - the shoulders/pack and overly long heel panels - that I'm not crazy about, but they're fine. It *WAS* a huge PITA to get the pack/tow equipment back to truck form (over an hour), but I can live with that. Even the instructions are a step up from past efforts.

i hope that KFC and X-Transbots can continue to do the fantastic designs justice by improving quality. I also hope that they continue to improve the instructions; Can we get opposite transformations in the manuals?

4. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As far as reverse transformations instructions go you can watch Paik4Life's video review on YouTube. He always shows forward and reverse transformations unlike many other video reviewers. He did a video for Paean. Optibotimus does too but he doesn't review as much MP style TFs like he used to and I'm not sure he did Paean.

5. ILoveLuci4

Thank you. That is helpful.

I'll probably forget that it is P4L's vids that have excellent reverse transformations the next time I need it.

It was a bit fiddly, though. It reminded me of people's descriptions of transforming BadCube's Grump. Once one placed a part or pieces in the correct orientation, then tried to move other components, that part would come un-aligned or get stuck in the way. Does that make any sense?

Another plus I forgot to mention is that the price is completely worth it. For about $85 (total) you get a nearly-vanbot-sized figure with excellent articulation (excepting the aforementioned shoulders) with great fit and finish and a ton of accessories. We've gotten to the point at which 3P companies have BEATEN Takara-Tomy in regard to pricing. I can remember when 3P was 2-3 times a comparable official figure.

Anyway, I'm now considering Aegis. Thing is, he has the same shoulder problem (right?), also doesn't have blue tinting to the windows PLUS the hands would have to be replaced (I wouldn't get him otherwise) and the paint issues I've seen are what I consider bad.

I guess I'll probably just wait for TT's attempt for Trailbreaker, and get the Diaclone variants that X-Transbots puts out. Any word on that?

6. Devastator21

Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    I hate to even think about The price takara will be

• Like Like x 2
  7. R3APER

R3APER The disgruntled Vet

Ebay:
    Mine are both on the way finally as well as a pair of seeker hands for Aegis to fix the baby hands.

8. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If only those hands came in green for Paean.

• Like Like x 1
  9. nomolos

nomolos Well-Known Member

Got Aegis and I couldn't care less about the stripes being faded. I'm not sitting there staring at shit like that when I'm playing or posing. Mine is exquisite. all the paint in bot mode is perfect and I love the transformation scheme. The instructions are really the weakness but that's normal for 3p. Finally got my Trailbreaker.

10. Devastator21

Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    They dont look small on him tho

11. R3APER

Ebay:
    They don't look as bad because of the forearm size/shape. But I agree I wish there were a green version just for the option.

• Like Like x 2
  12. R3APER

Ebay:
    I know it's a crap cell photo and the lightings bad but I wanted to share my new additions Aegis with seeker hands and Paean with his tool on the left hand till I swap out a finger from his other hand Left hand has a loose digit makes him drop the finger all the time I think I like Paean better which surprised me. The only thing I don't like is the shoulders constantly untab the backpack IMG_0772.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  13. ILoveLuci4

Has X-Transbots hinted at any of the Diaclone colors/characters?

14. Devastator21

Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    None yet and they have a busy schedule.

If they can release snapdragon cosmos octane cliff and menasor by the end of this year, that would have to be a record.

15. boomerdave

boomerdave Well-Known Member

That would be a minor miracle

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Devastator21

Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Not to mention all the reissues he has coming out this year as well

17. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

They also have a completed Dante and DaVinci to get out along with Virtus, Neptune, and not to mention there is a completed Deathsaurus floating around somewhere. I would have thought they would release renders for Abaddon and Powerglide but I am guessing like Deathsaurus and some other characters they would just follow the Simba/Kingorilla/Kingzilla release style. I was surprised they didn't do that with Hydra and Buster. Those may be far along like Kingorilla/Kingzilla. Makes a lot of sense they did them as another team. That has to be the record for one of the longest teased reveals. Supposedly, they are also working on a Rodimus Prime, Sixshot, and MAYBE PMOP (maybe just rumor). They have announced the fembots and I have to wonder with just three molds away if they would also do Warpath, Brawn/Outback, and Gears/Swerve. I would have thought no but maybe they want a complete MM series.

18. Devastator21

Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Holy shit

19. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

That is a technical term and you are correct sir. iBot is not playing around. He had to crawl before he could run. He had an out of control situation but the most resources and a factory that he needs to keep busy. He just needed the human capital to pull it off and finally came to the boards when he knew he had it. He has several design teams/companies and I think ran into trouble with the Breakdown theft because of the quick expansion. I don't know how big his factory is or how many outside jobs they were doing but he may pull off close to 15 releases this year not including reissues. (Eligos, Ditka, Aegis, Paean, Kingorilla, Kingzilla, Klaatu, Stratotanker, Dante, DaVinci, Tirador, Toro, Coprimozzo, Virtus, Neptune, Crackup, Flipout). Some things will get pushed but he is definitely scoping out the ability to have the combiner teams in design at the same time.

I could be very wrong but I get the sense that he had the factory and needed to find good jobs for them to take on. He is obviously a fan and has built to the point that he can keep the factory occupied with all of his internal jobs for at least the immediate future (next few years). I feel so stupid about sending him a long post with suggestions for figures a while back. You can tell that he is way ahead and had already been working on this for a long time.

• Like Like x 1
  20. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Damn with that schedule, I am almost ready to call XTBs Galvatron a non issue project.