X-Transbot: Apollyon Pictorial Review

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by SilverOptimus, Dec 24, 2014.

1. KevinSig

KevinSig Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Appreciate it. I'm nearly at the point where I'm about to put in a preorder on this guy, but that's the one detail that I'm holding out on. But I'm only giving Takara until Jan 1st to provide an alternative, or I think I'll go this guy regardless.

Sorry to hear about the shoulder issues in your review. Have you tried seeing a physical therapist? They might be able to help some, I used to have issues with a frozen shoulder that has been mostly worked out thanks to seeing one.

2. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Should just go ahead and order... You really can't lose at this point. Price is perfect, resale value will get you most if not all of your investment back when Megs 2.0 is released... Meanwhile you'll have an awesome figure in your collection while you wait.

3. slayback

slayback Well-Known Member

Thanks for the concern - it's actually tendonitis in the elbow -had acupuncture etc etc on it. seeing a chiro who is actually helping quite a bit. I just have to be a bum with no lifting, twisting etc.

4. KevinSig

Twitter:
    That might be true, if I didn't have abismal selling skills. I tend to buy things & just never get around to selling them when I'm done.

I just really want to be certain that I'll be happy with whatever I get.

Has it been diagnosed as tendinitis? Sounds almost like the frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis) I had a while back. Basically the muscles in my shoulder completely froze up, and I needed PT to get it working again.

I still have the PT exercises for it (I think) & would be happy to share. I will warn you, working out the issue is fairly painful at first.

5. slayback

Has it been diagnosed as tendinitis? Sounds almost like the frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis) I had a while back. Basically the muscles in my shoulder completely froze up, and I needed PT to get it working again.

I still have the PT exercises for it (I think) & would be happy to share. I will warn you, working out the issue is fairly painful at first.[/QUOTE]

no -absolutely tendonitis. its in the elbow -kept me from picking up a cup of coffee and bringing it to my mouth... so i switched hands :p  i didnt give up coffee! Atm - they strip the muscle/tendon everytime i see her and she uses a laser gizmo to send good waves into my arm. personally she's pretty cute so i let her do whatever but it has been helping.

6. KevinSig

Twitter:
    Still sounds exactly like frozen shoulder & the laser treatment from my chiropractor definitely helped, but so did certain exercises.

7. slayback

Mine is a test-shot, and i have already semi mangled it. Transforming it into gun mode sorta happened - better result of the gun mode will be in the finale review -whoever gets it.

8. dapro

dapro Well-Known Member

I hope they use a metallic silver paint on the silver parts. Thanks again for your time and review Slayback!

9. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    He admitted in his review he was partly at fault for the mangling... Remember, he's going at it with no instructions nor youtube videos showing the transformation.

10. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hey slayback, regarding the shoulder that tabs in - do you mean it tabs in so that the weight of the fusion cannon doesn't make the arm loose? basically opposing the weight of the cannon?

11. slayback

I'll give you some pics instead. there. 2 minutes worth of reading instead of a 20 min video. oops sorry for the typo.. its should read 'it's" ...

Attached Files:

12. dapro

dapro Well-Known Member

More awesome info. Thanks again.

13. Fallout

News Credits:
    man, that's awesome. thanks for going above and beyond dude.

14. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Looks awesome and answered yet ANOTHER of my questions From the review. Thanks.

15. Galvatron197

Galvatron197 Well-Known Member

Now if someone will do Jazz already. I am all in for this mp homage to megatron

16. Fallout

News Credits:
    digging thru my phone's photos and found unexpectedpanda's digibash's of apollyon in toon colors and i think toy colors... thanks ep, i forgot how long ago it was that i fell in love with this guy!

[​IMG][​IMG]

17. dapro

dapro Well-Known Member

Like I said earlier, they should use silver metallic paint. The picture above, the color makes the plastic look cheap.

18. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Gotta be careful with paint... If soar is any lesson, painted joints and areas that touch leads to scuffs and chips...

19. Illmatic

Illmatic Well-Known Member

Haha, you fell in love with a guy. Harty Harr Harrrr!

Thanks Slayback for the pics depicting that tab. It answers questions I had.

20. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    brilliant. Will look out for this. :thumb