"X-men Origins: Wolverine" vs "Origin"

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hotshotprime43, May 14, 2014.

1. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

I just read "Origin" for the first time which depicts Wolverines life as a child through young adulthood. It was a very interesting read and was not what I was expecting. Now of course I have already watched "X-men Origins: Wolverine" and although I am probably the minority I enjoy the movie. Is it as well written as the comic? Nope. But the movie is a fun guilty pleasure for me. While "Origin" was a gritty story of Wolverine and much more well written. Although concepts of the graphic novel were placed into the movie they tell two complete different stores. Id like to see your opinions on both and how they contrast.

Also I am putting this in the movie thread since more people go here I guess.

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Origin was not well-received when it was released. In fact, people really disliked Wolverine's real name and the bone claws being part of his mutation.

Though it's been a long time since I read the two, other than the stuff with Wolverine as a child, the only the two share in common is the title.

And I rather X-Men Origins. Yeah, it's a clusterfuck, but it's still rather entertaining.

3. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    That was already part of the character prior to the Origin mini. Bone claws went back to the early 1990s and that Fatal Attractions crossover between the X-books. Back in the old 'holograms on the covers' days.

4. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Oh I know, but I remember the speculation was Logan's healing factor grew them to replace the empty space in his body. Origin officially confirmed the claws to be, I guess, a secondary mutation that kicked in alongside the healing factor/heighten senses mutation.

Personally, I prefer the healing factor idea. Makes sense that after all those years of having the claws, his body considered them part of him, and when magneto riped them out his healing factor adapted growing bone claws to repair him.

5. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

I like the idea of him having bone claws before the metal was put into is body. Although I don't like him going back to bone claws if something happens to him.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I never read the comic but I loathed the movie.