Non-TF: X-Men Evolution Spyke

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by hthrun, Sep 6, 2012.

1. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    For those not familiar with this character, here's his Wikipedia page: Spyke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This was my first non-TF custom. My 7-year-old son had been watching X-Men: Evolution on YouTube and wanted a Spyke toy, post further mutation. I told him I could make him one if he bought the figures needed :) 
    My son advised me along the way in what he wanted done and is very pleased with the result :D  I still have to do some little paint touch-ups and my son wants a few more accessories, but I figured I'd post pics now as this is pretty much it!
    I'll post some WIP pics next...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  2. hthrun

Ebay:
    Spyke WIP

The "customer" was more interested in getting this guy done as opposed to being clean. He played with him quite a bit during the process...

First I tried using Apoxie Sculpt to add joints from a Mega Blok Halo figure to a Young Justice Aqua Lad toy. The joints were too fragile, however. Despite my son's reservations (and tears) I knew it would be a better toy with a new body.
    We got a figure from the Captain America movie line (Winter Soldier, I think). I cut off the extra military stuff and its head, replacing it with Aqua Lad's head. The I just added a little Apoxie Sculpt each time I was able to work on it.
    The weapon is just made from a Gundam parts tree with Apoxie Sculpt on the ends...

Attached Files:

3. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very cool.

4. hthrun

Ebay:
    Thank you :) 

5. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

looks amazing!

6. hthrun

Ebay:
    Thanks! It was kind of fun doing a non transformer, but I don't want to do them too often :)