X-Men: Disassembled

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Strikeback, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Strikeback

Strikeback Drifting Away

2. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I can't stand the X-men as it is. I like Astonishing enough but the other books are just lame. I just about get interested enough and they decide to shoot the team into space. (I'm looking at you Clearmont) ANyway, they just did the same thin in Astonishing which pisses me off.

Why the hell is a team feared at hated by humankind always having problems in a galaxy far far away?

The only time I actively followed X-men and liked it was when Morrison was running the New X-Men book. It was grounded on earth and actually dealt with human/mutant relations.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I read the X-Men books so I'll read this, too. Honestly, though, I don't really care much what this means. Unless they end Uncanny's nearly 500 issue run to launch a new title, nothing they'll do will really upset me.

4. gil

gil Godmaster

Does this effect X-Factor? I hope not.

5. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Look we have barely started the universe changing, character killing major crossover/arc. Now we are announcing the next YOU MUST BUY arc. Anyone else want some down time from this junk. How about some non status quo altering character building arcs? Their doing so much tearing down I don't have time to care about the characters anymore.

6. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

At least it's not Jemas bad yet

7. Switchblade

News Credits:
    If the last two years at Marvel should tell you anything, it's that they don't do downtime. House of M led straight into Decimation which ran up to Civil War which ended just in time for World War Hulk to start. And meanwhile we also had Annihilation which led into Annihilation Conquest. Marvel's all about the big events now (DC was doing better last year, but it's all gone insane since Countdown started).

8. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

I just started really getting into X-Men the last year and now it's going to shit like Amazing Spider-Man.

9. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Really? That's when I stopped reading them. The whole Cassandra Nova arc was really drawn out, plus the new mutants that he brought into the mix were lame. Which is nothing to the character redesigns that he did.

10. DevilzFan

Yeah, Morrison's run on X-Men was a low point for me as well. The whole Xorn/Magneto/Fake Magneto crap, Cassandra Nova, etc. That, and I really disliked the art as a whole during most of the run.

Right now there are only 2 really good X-books. X-Factor is the single best, and New X-Men has been very entertaining to me over the last two years or so.

11. sharke

sharke canadian piece of sh*t

Agreed, hated Morrisons run. I was always a fan of the strike team aspect of X-Men. Couldnt get into the whole drawn out school aspect. He brought in so many irrelevant characters and arcs.

12. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

I'm not looking forward to that. :( 

13. Switchblade

News Credits:
    For me the really good ones are X-Factor and X-Men. X-Factor is incredible and Mike Carey's writing the best main X-Men title we've seen in years. Uncanny isn't bad, but the yearlong space arc was a lousy way to start and Brubaker has a lot of ground to recover from that. I want to like New X-Men, but the book just isn't clicking with me yet (although it's about a thousand times better than when it used to be Dawson's Mutant Creek).

14. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    If this keeps up both companies are going to burn out the fans like they did in the 90's I'm dropping books from my pulls like crazy. The problem is all the companies see is crossovers=money. But eventually if there isn't a staus quo no one cares if you change it. Crossovers are good but they need to be done in moderation and after the end of one give the readers(and characters) time to adjust to the changes.

15. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Didn't they already do this to the Avengers?

16. Strikeback

Strikeback Drifting Away

My brother asked an interesting question: "How can they disassemble them? They're all friggin' mutants anyway!"

17. DevilzFan

Yes. And in a year and a half or so, we'll have "Fantastic Four: Disassembled"

18. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Didn't we already?

19. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that was a tie-in.

I guess "X-MEN: AWAY FROM ME" wouldn't have the same ring to it.

20. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I fucking hate marvel.

They finally get Adjectiveless and Uncanny back on track after horrible runs from Morrison and Austen. Now they have to go, and copy the Avengers to create this crap.

Lets kill off a bunch of characters so we can just bring them back later!

I bet this is all gonna be Shadowcat's fault...she was evil all along!

Like I said in the Mutant Zero thread, Marvel only knows Crossovers, Variant Covers, and Death/Return Events. Flashback 1990s FTL!