X-Men Comics Reboots?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by highlander3000, May 27, 2010.

1. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    I've heard that many of the X-Men and Wolverine books are coming to an end or rebooting. Does anyone know which books are being rebooted and at which issue?

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I know a new Adjectiveless X-Men is starting up. I wouldn't call it a reboot though, just another title.

Honestly, this is the first that I've heard of any X-Men "rebooting."

3. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    Maybe reboot isn't the right word but I heard that Wolverine Origins, (Dark) Wolverine, Weapon X, X-Force and maybe X-Men Legacy are ending. I'm just not sure with what issue.

4. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

Don't know what's going on with the Wolverine titles, although I've seen adds for "Wolverine #900" in a lot of Marvel comics lately.

Legacy is definately not being cancelled, although apparently it is going to shift focus from Rogue to the younger X-men. I haven't heard any news about X-Force being cancelled, but I don't think it would be considering it is one of the best selling X-books over the last couple of years.

5. Evil Porkchop

Evil Porkchop Pork, the evil white meat

Personnally I'd like to see a "soft" reboot of the X-Titles. But then again Geoff Johns doesn't work for Marvel... so even if they did it would probably be a total mess.

6. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    X-force will end after the current "Second Coming" arc and will start again in a few months with a new team lead by Wolverine but this time Cyclops doesn't call the shots as Wolverine is supposed to be in complete charge. I only know of Wolverine and Archangel as team members right now and the first thing that will happen in the new book is they go after Apocalypse.

Wolverine is getting a reboot as well but don't know much about it.

Legacy will continue as mentioned but Rogue will be focused on as more of a teacher to the younger students and I think Magneto will be in this book as well.

Not sure about Uncanny but I think the new X-book that will start at after Second Coming is a new book and will start the next big thing with the vampires.

7. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Domino's supposed to still be in it, I think. And I read on Comics Continuum a while ago that Deadpool's joining up, too.

8. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    Well if Deadpool joins X-Force I may have to stop reading it depending on how the writing is. I like Deadpool being funny but some of the stuff lately is just plain stupid but with the 4 people mentioned to be in X-Force it would be a very popular book and could be epic.

9. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds like the typical post x-over changes that end up accomplishing nothing

10. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

Argh reboots

11. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They'll reboot with "All New First Issues" then after a year or so they'll be absorbed into "X-Force #300, X-Men #800, Wolverine #500", etc etc.

This crap gets old, yet at the same time it's more typical Quesada.

BTW, off-topic, have any of you seen the ads in the Marvel comics advertising a huge lithograph "SIEGE" poster made from the variant covers? I love how they say "Drawn by INDUSTRY GIANT, JOE QUESADA". This guy needs a reality check, and soon.

12. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

It took 11 posts for somebody to whine about Quesada in a Marvel thread? Dudes are slipping.

13. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    I haven't read any material from the writers taking over when the "New X-Force" comic debuts in October, so I can't really say much about that. Most of the writers who HAVE tackled him seem to do Deadpool justice IMO, though.

14. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol 

Yeah, in hindsight they've been doing it for ages, though. So I guess Joey Q gets a pass on this one, lol.

15. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whats with the random high # issues? Besides being false advertising, seems it will be a pain to put them in order.

16. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

its not random...the numbers go with the original (volume 1) numberings. Payton34 just choose random numbers to make a point.

17. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The recent X-factor 50 followed the next month by 200 was just pathetic

18. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

X-Factor Vol.1 was 149 issues IIRC, so that sounds about right if they are putting it back to the original numbering. That does mean that they have skipped that mini from the early 00s, althougth that didn't have anyting to do with the other stuff beyond the name and being a goverment sanctioned thing.

Pretty ironic that all the the mutant books that they culled 10-12 years ago have all come back in recent years now that 90s stupidity is the prevalant business model for spandex again.