X-Men #179 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Primevil, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Well damn. I certainly picked the wrong time to start reading.

So Lorna really did lose her powers. For the past two issues I was thinking she subconsciously blocked her powers out of fear of losing them.

And as a cruel twist of fate to this Polaris fan, that's exactly what Iceman did. Oh well, at least he can turn to flesh again. And it turns out Emma was in his head. I was wrong and probably owe someone a Coke.

So now Alex and Lorna are leaving the X-Men, and they're the two reasons I started reading Adjectiveless X-Men in the first place! But I don't see that lasting. I believe the next arc is all about what Lorna saw in space, and Havok's on the cover of #184.

As for the little interlude with Mystique and Pulse (who appears to be a brand-new character)... I'm thinking Pulse has nearly the exact same power as Rogue, and since it would be redundant to steal the ability to steal another's powers/strength/memories, then Rogue and Pulse's powers are negated when they come in contact.

I just wish this issue would have explained who this so-called Leper Queen is. I mean her mask fell off, and yet we never see her after that. I was hoping they'd reveal her identity in this issue.

2. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

I cant stand any of this stuff, but apocalypse is coming back. Wonder what kind of treatment Milligan will give him? Cant be good to be certain but at least he'll be showing up in a mainstream X-title again.

3. gil

gil Godmaster

Same here. But then again, Havok's not really being written very well. Maybe Peter David is going to pick them up to guest star on X-Factor for little bit :ev:  .

But what about that rumor about Apocalypes's horsemen? There was a site I saw that showed 12 mutants where 3 of them is going to be horsemen. And a strong possibility is that one of them is either Havok or Polaris.

Also, hopefully they forgot that Apocalypse is some body jumping mutant.

4. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Words can not express my happiness of Bobby not being powerless. :D 

Never much cared for Havok or Polaris. So no big loss to me there. Feel bad for those who are fans of the characters though.

5. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I liked Austen's Havok as well as Mutant X Havok. This Milligan version sucks though. He's a stronger leader than he is being portrayed.

6. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

Mutant X, thats a comic I had forgotten. There were quite a few of those that I really enjoyed.

7. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Wait....wasn't Proteus "Mutant X" ?

8. NSJ23

NSJ23 Binalternator Lover

I feel the same way.

9. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

They got the X-Men (Uncanny X-Men) as WOlverine, Marvel Girl, Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Bishop, and Cannonball

so who's gonna be the leader???

and it sucks that Havok is gone...he should go to X-Men

10. NSJ23

NSJ23 Binalternator Lover

Most likely Nightcrawler since he has been leader before. If not him, out of that group it would have to be Bishop. Because Wolvie does not want to be a team leader. Or at least that is what they have him say every time he is asked to be one.