Fan Art: X-Mas Art gifts?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Dreweido, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    While there's a thread going on in the ToyArk about what stuff you got for Christmas I figured we artsy's should make our own list.

Did you get/give a print or commission? Did you get a How to Draw/Ink/Color/Letter book? Did you get tools/software that will help you do your work? If so post it here.

And oh yeah, this thread is useless without pics! :p 

My "haul":

Photshop CS2 for Dummies by Bauer
    Photoshop CS2 All-in-One desk reference for Dummies by Obermeier
    DC Comics Guide to Coloring and Inking Comics by Chiarello and Klein
    [​IMG]

2. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well as I am not a REAL artist by any means. I couldn't draw to save my life, I do dabble with photography and digital editing of said photography. So I guess you can call that my art, so the new tool I found under the tree was this:

[​IMG]

This will be replacing my previous 4.0 megapixel camera, it is more compact so I will be able to tote it around in my pocket most anywhere to get more shots than I normally could have.

3. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    I take pictures, which is kind of like art :lol  and now with this I can hopefully contribute to the boards now. :D 

Sorry for the shaky pic. :( 

[​IMG]

4. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

I got a new 19" Flat Panel Display with 2MS response time and capable of 1280X1024 Resolution.

Now I can actually see the interface of my 3D apps without the clutter. Now I just need to build the rest of my new system.

5. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

i got some new colored pencils, and some acrylic paints, and some colored markers....

all the gifts i gave were hand drawn on fabric, and made some matte frames for,
    as well as some hand made and painted sculpey stuffs.... ill get around to pics eventually

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]