X-Files 2 to begin shooting in December...

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Mr. Jiggles, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

Fingers crossed that it doesn't suck...

"Exclusive: The X Files 2 Starts Shooting Dec. 10
    Source: Diva October 29, 2007

After years of David Duchovny talking about the sequel, and almost 10 years after the first feature, 20th Century is finally ready to start production on The X Files 2 with the actor in place to reprise his role of Special Agent Fox Mulder. Gillian Anderson is also expected to be back on board to play Special Agent Dana Scully.

Shooting is scheduled to begin on December 10 in Vancouver under the direction of series creator Chris Carter. Carter and Frank Spotnitz wrote the script.

The studio is referring to the film in casting breakdowns as "Done One."

The popular series ran on Fox from 1993 to 2002. Rob Bowman directed the first feature, which hit theaters on June 19, 1998."

2. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll be rootin for it

3. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

I'll be waiting for it to come out so I can not see it.

4. b_ack51

b_ack51 I'm on the interweb!

I think I have seasons 1-7 (or 8) on dvd and watched them all in a row. Loved that show till mulder left.

I hope this movie is good.

5. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

X-Files dissolved into a pile of suck and fail toward the end there, but I'll go see this.

6. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

wow, and my fiancee and I have been watching the whole series in order since this summer. we just watched the movie this weekend and began season 6. you can start to feel the series running out of steam though. I can't wait to tell her about this, though.

7. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome. We had planned on watching through the entire series again on DVD, so we should finish in time for the movie release :) 

8. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I really enjoyed the show but the movie wasn't all that great, imo. Hopefully this will be better. I just wish my wife had any interest in it, that way we could watch it the series on dvd.

9. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Nice, I liked the first movie, but never really cared for the series. I like to consider Evolution an unofficial X-Files sequel.

10. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Gillian get fat yet?

11. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I wonder if "Day One" is a shooting title like "Blue Harvest", or if this is gonna be one of those "This is the story of how we really met for the first time" type movies.

12. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

First Indy 4 and now this, its like somebody left the gate open at development hell. Hopefully it'll do well enougth for something dealing with 2012 to get made afterwards.

On the topic of the first X-Files film, I enjoyed it allot more when I rewatched it a couple of years ago then I did when it first came out since I didn't go into it starving for moar conspiracy. Its got Surprisingly good direction as well, I wonder who Rob Bowman pissed off in Hollywood to get stuck with Elektra.

13. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Now I wonder will Robert Patrick be in this or is this strictly Mulder and Scully??

14. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

The movie was fucking awesome. Can't wait for this one. Series was hit and miss, pretty much all over the place.

15. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

I can't believe anyone cares about an X-Files project of any sort, these days.

16. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I got dragged to see the first one by my then-girlfriend. It was even worse than the show. I'll be avoiding this like the plague. Now if they made a Millennium movie that actually followed on properly from the end of season 2 (unlike season 3. Well done, Chris Carter), I'd go see that.

17. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

I think that's partly the point. Enough time has passed for fans to get over (for the most part) their hatred of the last seasons.

The first movie was awesome. A bit disappointed that there will be no mythology in the sequel, but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless.

18. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    The X-files was a great show initially, but it really ran out of steam at the end.

After the movie I really expected the series to pick up steam, but it lost it completely. I liked how there were some lighthearted episodes, but there was just so many times I could watch the truth almost be uncovered only to have everything vanish.

Plus, Scully was abducted and impregnated by aliens yet still remained skeptical?

Also, I am from the Dallas area so I think it's funny how they showed tumbleweeds in the Dallas suburbs and they drove to El Paso in about 90 minutes. :thumb 

19. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    On the one hand I'm kind of hoping it won't be made entirely of weak sauce. On the other hand, all I can think of right now is Movie Trailer Voice Guy saying "Mulder's back... and he's pissed!"

20. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

anyone else besides me ever have the hots for scully? I remember seeing this pic of her in some gallery wearing a pleather body suit. from that point on I always thought she was smokin.