X-Factor #10: WTF?! ***Spoilers***

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by DevilzFan, Aug 31, 2006.

1. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Erm...yeah. So Jaime's dupes are pimps. One macking it with Siryn, and another with Monet, while real Jaime was sleeping. Best lines of the issue: "Layla, did you and I....?" "No Jaime, I'm saving myself for when we're married" :lol 

But the real "WTF" was Guido. He's working for SI? WTF?

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Yeah, the "WTF" pretty much sums up my thoughts, too.

3. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

this reminds me of AoA and his someone traitor-type days in X-Corps.

But i did love the Jamie scene...can't wait for the Doc Samsom issue (that's what made me collect the original series again

4. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Dude, I'm pretty sure that Hef-Dupe actually slept with BOTH Monet and Syrin. Which makes him even cooler.:D 
    But wow, that reveal at the end was a shocker. I was sure the traitor was going to be Rictor who would ebtray the team to get a recharge from Pietro.

5. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i just read the AoA book, and Guido was the first to think as a traitor.

6. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

This is why I simply love the book. You have no idea where it's going to go.

When the hell did Pierto become some big tycoon with an office? I'd figure with that publicity, the Inhumans would surely be on him.

And yes, Pimp Madrox was awesome. I'm pretty sure it was the same Dupe because he only absorbs one but knows about both encounters. Now I have to go back and get the madrox limited series.

7. Omnus

Omnus needs more time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pietro had to have the big money from somewhere. Just last issue he was shopping for nice expensive suits. The office isn't that big, though, so he doesn't necessarily have to have huge amounts of money. There are lots of places he could have gotten the money from, considering his history, so a reveal on exactly where he is getting it from could be interesting.

This was definitely a two 'WTF?' issue. It's not just Guido being the traitor (he's the 2nd to last person who I thought would be the traitor), but the whole 'the day after' sequence.

What makes the Hef scene even more hilarious was the conversation Madrox and Siryn had a few issues back. He said he knew that his dupes had had sex thousands of times, but he wasn't sure if he himself ever had. This time he wakes up and one (possibly more, depending upon how 'Hef' pulled it off) of his dupes has had two of his teammates and all he himself got was a hangover. Absolutely hilarious. Poor guy, 'dead man walking' indeed.

The whole 'Guido as traitor' thing is weird. I didn't even notice the big hint dropped the first time I read the issue (Layla mentioning that she almost never sees anything with him). The other thing is how detached he was about the whole thing, acting like it was just some casual thing that happens all the time. That's rather out of character for Guido. He normally either shows something or makes a joke to cover up. I think that's David dropping a hint as to what's really going on.

And this issue continues to insure that X-Factor is my favorite title out there now. If I had to cut down my comics to only one book, this would be the one.

EDIT: Yeah, Wreckgar, you should pick up the limited series. It's been in collected format for awhile now, so it shouldn't be hard to get. Not much of David's humor in it, but he hits you both barrels with the noir.

8. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Hey, if one of Madrox's dupes get an STD and Madrox absorbs it back, doesn Madrox have the STD now as well? And when he releases a new dupe, does that dupe also have the STD?

9. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    (Coming in a little late, but what the hey)

Guido working for SI was certainly something I would never expect (except for the fact that I read spoilers when I couldn't get to the comic store the day it came out). I really hope there's something more to this, because I really don't want to see Guido continue down the road to evil. He is on the cover for #13 (DOC SAMSON ISSUE! WOOT!), so maybe he really isn't evil. We know that the Tryps have powers that haven't been fully explored. Maybe they brainwashed him somehow.

But man, Jamie's dupe... That part was great. I always loved the dynamic of Siryn having a "thing" with one of his dupes, and it happened again! Though I never got the impression that Monet liked Jamie enough to have sex with him. Of course, this is "Hef Madrox" we're talking about, so...

10. Omnus

Omnus needs more time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Excellent question! At this point, there is no definite answer on that, but the recent changes in his power indicate the original response to this has changed.

Originally, when Madrox re-absorbed dupes, if they were injured, he would become injured as well. Although he had a technique for lessening the amount of injury he would receive (making many other uninjured dupes and re-absorbing them all at once), he would still take some.

The recent change in his powers (the most visible part being the dupes having seperate aspects of his personality) is also physical. When he re-absorbs dupes now he does not take on their injuries, even if they are near-death (from the Madrox limited series). He simply absorbs their memories (along with any possible psychological trauma) as well as feeling a psychic shock if the dupe was sufficiently injured.

Given that, he may not absorb any foreign material in the dupe (such as alcohol in the system, which in Madrox #1 he stated that he didn't absorb it).

So, before it would look the answer to both your questions would be 'yes'. Given the recent changes, it would appear that the answer to the first question would be 'no' (therefore negating the 2nd question). But like I said, it hasn't been definitely answered.

11. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    I'm very, very interested in discovering what the full extent of Tryp's powers are. For the first time in a very, very long time, I've found a character with what appear to be powers completely unique and not yet explored in any other comic.

For those that know what I'm talking about - Tryp feels like he has some sort of power from "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure." Something completely uncanny and weird.