X-Box 360 wireless headphones

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by rattrap007, Apr 11, 2008.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I need new head phones for my xbox. What are your opinions on the Wireless head set? I've read some reviews that say it is great and others that said it wasn't. Should I get one or just stick with the wired ones?

The reason I need a new one is I left my old one on the floor next to my chair. Out in the open mind you. Well we had a cleaning crew come the other day and they didn't see it and it got torn to shreds. The headphone was broken and the wire was ripped out at both ends. Now I can't talk on COD4...

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know too much about them, but since the headset is attached to the controller, it kinda works as well as a wireless for me, so I never bothered updating it. I can't imagine it being so bad though if the signal is going into the controller (assuming the device is attached to the controller)

3. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

they're ok, but the battery is a bit sucky. 4 hour charge to get 8 hours use.

the range seems ok too, and i believe they now come with usb chargers whereas mine has a plug charger which is another pain in the ass.

it is really nice to not have a wire though!

4. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I love my wireless headset! The charge I admit requires paying some attention too, but while your Xbox is turned off you can still plug the headset into the USB charger and it'll slowly charge. I usually recharge my headset when I'm work when the battery nears low.

It's not as clunky as the orignal Xbox headset and I feel it has better sound quality.

5. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

yeah, i wish mine had the usb charger.

also Daggersrage is rigth, the quality of the sound is much better imo. the wired one sounds kinda muffled in comparison.

6. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    It's bitchin. Only bad thing is you have to speak pretty loudly for others to hear you and it bugged the FUCK out of me the first week. I was just annoyed by it. Now I'm used to it.

7. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I like that I have to speak at a certain level, I cuss under my breath alot and I dont really mean for other players to hear my bitching. Most of the time I just mute myself.

8. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Love mine, being an early adopter I got saddled with the wall charger too. I prefer it though since I can just leave it plugged in and charge it when needed.

Never really had an issue with maintaining the charge since I usually just plug it in after any extended play session. It has little beeps to let you know when the batteries low as well as showing on the Guide like it shows for controllers.

9. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

The only thing I dislike about the wireless headset: the price. $60 is a bit much.

10. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I guess I'll pony up the cash and get one then.

11. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

I don't know what's up with your headset. You're the only person I've played with that I have trouble hearing from time to time. For some reason, your mic just seems vewy vewy quiet.