Wyatt blog tidbits: new character "cut for time", Season 3 "still quite a ways off"?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DieMaus, Sep 24, 2008.

1. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    I was just perusing Derrick Wyatt's blog earlier today to view the Animated Prowl concept art gallery that he posted up, and I noticed that he let slip a few other enlightening tidbits in the Comments section that no-one seems to have mentioned yet:

- Season Three might be some time coming: "Season 3 hasn't even been officially announced yet, so it's still quite a ways off."
    - Beachcomber's role in Season Three has been reduced to a non-speaking cameo or cut entirely: "I worked on Beachcomber's design with designer Irineo Maramba. He was going to be a total hippy slacker type. Unfortunately his speaking part in the early part of season 3 got cut for time. So, at this point, we don't know if he will even be in season 3 or not."
    - More Prowl design trivia: his ninja mask was inspired by GI Joe's Snake Eyes, his original concept design may have influenced the design for Animated Jazz, and the sidecar toy is coming and "looks totally perfect".
    - On Wyatt himself: he's been working on Animated since 2003 (UPDATE: 2006, actually) and still has a "very busy schedule" on it, but is keen to post more concept art in future, and maybe even do a book.
    - UPDATE: What we "know" about Season Three may be inaccurate: "A quick note about Rodimus, Cyclonus and season 3 in general. Take everything you guys are reading on the boards with a grain of salt. ALL the people posting spoilers that I have read so far have been putting up inaccurate info. Some WAY off. Even those with Hasbro connections and posters who have been a good source of information in the past seem to have gotten some REALLY bad info."

Nice to hear from the man himself, but still, a bit disappointed about Season Three and Beachcomber. :(  Still, I'm sure we'll see them both eventually.

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    No beachcomber =EPIC FAIL

3. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They've really had this in the works since 03?

4. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Of coarse season 3 hasn't been officially announced yet.
    It'll probably be mostly done by the time it is announced.(production wise that is)

Sad to hear about Beachcomber.

5. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Wow, that's five years developing animated, I hope that time pays of and we have animated for a long time!

6. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    QFT, & from what Mr.Wyatt said he would've been awesome. Hopefully this won't affect any toy release of him. Can't wait to see pics of Armored Prowl in toy form.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ahhh....that's sad. While it's not an "epic fail", it's still disappointing about Beachcomber. I'm still hoping he gets a toy, but this probably cut his chances in half, and that's bad as his chances weren't all that good to begin with...

8. Dead Metal

Dead Metal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    QFT!
    I hope he does make it and gets a bigger role in the end of S3.

9. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Aww, I was looking forward to a "Duuuuuude...." outta that mouth.

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good thing I mentioned Beachcomber then, imagine the rage when people yell'd WHY BEACHCOMBER IS MUTE/NOT THERE!!1

11. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    eh, i dont think its a huge deal...he looked cool...but didnt seem like something wicked amazing...hopefully we get a real announcement on season 3 soon...and working on this since 2003 probably means that's when he started real basic work...at least that's what i would assume...

12. Thaumos

Thaumos Member

Beachcomber would have been cool to see. I wonder what the color scheme would have been for him?

13. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    that SUX! Beachcomber is to cool not to use

14. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Not that much disapointed by Beachcomber not getting in the show, that design looks too much like Armada Sideways to me for some reason. That Samurai Prowl retool better be awesome, though, since that is one of the two reasons I haven't bought him yet, the second being his main "gimmick" is that stupid traffic light chain weapon thing. Oil Slick's chain weapon thing actually makes sense in comparison to the waste of plastic the traffic light is.

15. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    He did not say for sure that Beachcomber isn't going to be in the show, just that he won't have a speaking part.

16. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Disappointing, but at least we have the Universe Legends toy coming.

17. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    exactly...i would rather have characters not show up in animated and be in classics then vise versa...

18. boobooskidoo

boobooskidoo Banned

News Credits:
    The Beachcomber news depresses me...but he could still be in the show, he just won't talk. Or he could be in the comics. But still, major letdown (I really wanted to hear his voice).
    The Prowl pics are cool. I always like to see how a character is created! Fascinating...

19. Destron23

Destron23 Vehicon

I can't believe Beachcombers going to be another Snarl and Swoop...:mad 

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    As Legends aren't considered a part of the main line, an Animated Beachcomber toy wouldn't have any affect on the Legends class figure we're getting in Universe. If we were getting a Deluxe class figure in Universe, it would, but as we aren't, we could still potentially get an Animated BC toy, which is something I really hope happens. I'd settle for an Activator of him.