Heavy/Scratch: wwoptimusprime's Classics Menasor "WiP" feedback thread (pre-Jan. 27-09)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Lucs, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    **Just to alleviate confustion, wwoptimusprime's WiP thread for his Classics Menasor was one of the few threads that was a casualty from the recent update. Since the threads were not able to be merged, this thread has been revamped to serve as wwoptimusprime's WiP feedback thread up to 01-27-09. If you want to see further progress, please go to this thread: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/216126-classics-menasor-almost-finished.html. Stay tuned as wwoptimusprime continues his work on this project! ~Radicons Staff**

The center figure needs to be bigger for the hands to look right. At this point they look way too big. Seems like you'd wanna use the Prowl/Silverstreak mold for Wildrider instead of Sunstreaker. Don't mean to sound too negative but just a bit of advice. I look forward to seeing your progress on this guy

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2009
  2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    yeah the torso bot is way too small, unfortunately. I used Voyager Classics Prime, and even with mods to increase the height of HIS torso, he's slightly on the small side in comparison to the limbs. A deluxe just will never work for a 5-man team if the limbs are also deluxes.

3. sammc4

sammc4 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Classics Manasor: WiP

Im looking forward to seeing you make it work ! but like the others were saying he does seem a bit small perhaps? He needs to be like 2 times the size or something poor guy needs to eat more energon or something!

good luck!

4. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    he is looking good . yes you need a voyager or ultra for the middle pice. but great job so far.

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I agree that the core Motormaster is maybe not the best call. I also understand not wanting just to use a Prime mold, since in robot mode, Motormaster was always quite different looking.

A Classics Prime might work, especially if the back of the robot was retooled to be Motormaster's chest (avoiding the very distinctive Prime chest windows). Also, I quite like the way Cybertron Prime conveys Motormaster, particularly in terms of his massive, brutal physicality in both modes.

The rest of the team looks great! :) 

zmog

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Other than the torso bot being a bit small, imo, I think everything else is going really well. Especially the painting, which seems to be taking nicely to the figures. Keep up the good work.

7. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

I'm thinkin once the Barricade mold is modified with the trailer and truck, it will make for a proportionately accurate combiner.

....if not, try an alternate combined form. Some of the movie d00ds had unique proportions. Give him a "monkey-like" stance if you must. It would definitely be a new direction.

Good luck man.

8. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    any updates on this one?

9. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

I love the Barricade idea, but he is indeed to small to make combination work. Maybe after this project as a seperate non-combining motormaster?

10. aurascope

aurascope Kitbash Resource Indexer

Ebay:
    i think it needs smaller hands too

11. wwoptimusprime

wwoptimusprime Till all are one

Sorry, no updates yet. Work and my kids have been taking up all of my time. As soon as I get a chance Ill get back to work. sorry for the delays.

12. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

You know, after seeing that Superion and realizing those were Leader Prime hands and how well they worked with deluxe size limbs, I still stand by my suggestion of going with Alternator sized hands.

13. wwoptimusprime

New updates and needed some help from everyone, Please? Thanks.

14. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

I personally like the look of the megazord pieces as feet. I think they're a good pick.

15. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

I like those feet. I know it a funny thing to say.:lol 

16. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

this is looking great

17. wwoptimusprime

Thanks for the coments. Any clue on how to put a peg inbetween dragstrips arms for combination?

18. wwoptimusprime

Well im finally on my way to completion. I have all the limbs figured out but now comes the hard part, what to do about Motermaster. Ive cut into his legs to get them to fold up just enough to become the cab but, as a lot of you havesaid already, hes still way to small. Any ideas on how to bulk him up without lossing what ive accomplished?

19. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I know this is probably the last you thing you need at this stage, but I've been playing around with a Menasor concept lately, and I realized that you can get a pretty decent "foot mode" out of those Classics Swipe/Streaker molds... one where the foot is actually integrated into the design (formed by the front end of the car).

I'm using a much heavier centerpiece (Cybertron Prime instead of Barricade for Motormaster), and I don't think the load-bearing potential is as strong in that configuration, but it may work for your combiner because the legs won't have to support as much weight.

Granted, having the flat, belly-side of the car facing out is more "G1", but this would allow you to have integrated feet, rather than having to attach them as separate pieces.

There would be some minor mod work required to allow them to stabilize in this form, but you get the idea... :) 

3 slight variations:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

zmog

20. wwoptimusprime

Thanks smog. That acually does look quite good. Might use it, if you dont mind, on a late project but I think that I want to stay with the more G1 feel. I'm acually at abot 85% done now but still got some work on the knees, feet, and of corse Motormaster. Im kinda lost on how to bulk him up right now but, hopefully, with time i'll figure it out. Maybe with some help....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.