Minor/Repaint: WWII Era Dynobots figure 2: Slag

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by wheeljack2010, Nov 26, 2011.

1. wheeljack2010

wheeljack2010 Constructicon

So here's the short and squat member of the group. Skullgrin as base figure, after painting details and adding the modded RTS Jazz head, used several coats of washes for a real dirty and weathered feel - he is a war tank after all:)  Up next - Snarl! Enjoy folks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. cliffjumperftw1

cliffjumperftw1 I have no idea what I'm doing.

Awsome! Keep 'em comin'! :) 

3. EmbraceThePurpl

EmbraceThePurpl Raisin man

Nice, I like this better then your swoop...not that swoop was bad. Im slightly anxious to see how you do grimlock,

4. meisterworks

meisterworks Well-Known Member

jazz's head matches slag's nicely.
    very nice theme.

5. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

I like what you did with slug (my alternative name for ww2 slag,i know its kinda unoriginal,but hey,metal slug reference?) i think like the weathered down effect too,its like he's been in hell and back.

6. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    So far 2/2 awesomness keep it up!!:thumbs2: 

7. wheeljack2010

"Will do, Spike", I mean err, ummm, Cliffjumper. Sorry '85 movie geek moment:) 
    Thanks man. You won't be disappointed in Mr. Grim. So far he's cost me about $200 to make between getting TFTM Leader Brawl (how the hell is this guy so expensive!) and a MP Grimy. Should be pretty bad@ss with the merge of the 2!
    I saw the potential in the head right after I bought my first RTS Jazz about a year back. Better late then never.......
    And that's the motto for these guys "Been to Hell and Back"! I got some more weathering to do to Swoop to give him the same vibe, but all of these guys are gonna be battle hardened and war torn. Just the way they should be in my humble opinion.
    Thankyou kind sir!

So, I'm thinking of running a poll for Sludge, what do you guys think? My options are a Uni. Onslaught or a TF Crossover Hulk tank. Onslaught breaks the Tank theme, but works perfectly with the modified MP Seeker head I have done for him already. And he has the height thing going for him (as sludge was slightly taller than Slag and Snarl).

Let me know what you guys think! I'll leave this one up to you!

8. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

You need a couple of pictures of the two together so far. I think uni. onslaught would be great for sludge!

9. Ironhidebot

Ironhidebot Wrecker

wow, never thought skullgrin would work so well as a slag, great job :thumb !

10. nemesis_primusX

nemesis_primusX the autobot quick-killer

Keep them coming, im lovin them!!!!

11. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Pretty Cool.

12. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    Love these. any alt mode pics coming?

13. wheeljack2010

Done and done! Enjoy the pics and Onslaught it is! The Hulk just became my Snarl!
    I saw the potential in him as the character when he was sitting on my shelf and the idea of these old military type Dynos hit me. My ideas often strike with a vengeance and grow from that little seed.
    Thanks so much for the support!
    Thanks again!
    Thanks for all the kindness! Yes, though not for a while. I'll most likely post alt. mode pics when I'm just about done with Mr. Grim (the last of them).

I've also attached an image of a sixth dynobot I'm gonna call Slug. Name courtesy of MrSoundMeister -original and it fits the names starting with a "S" theme -thanks man!:thumb . He was gonna be my Snarl, though I didn't like his size in relation to the others:) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Not a bad custom at all. In fact quite good. But I'd never know it was Slag if you hadn't told me. Unless it's based off another Slag I don't know. Swoop I could see as being Swoop, but that head looks nothing like G1 Slag. I'd suggest moding it or trying another head, maybe?

15. wheeljack2010

I had used the toy as a basis for my head. (see attached pic) Keep in mind that it was just a guideline for me. With this head I focused on the following: Red visor-check, faceplate-check, sidescreens on either side of the face-check. So it's not gonna look exactly like the toy or toon, but be it's own character based off of the G1 designs/characters. With these guys I wanted to do more than just rape a G1 toys head and transplant it on a new body. Finding the head and figures has been half of the fun for me, nah, more than half! So as long as I can create some cool characters that are reminescient of their father-figures, and that can be seen as actually being around in that time/ or in the case of the comic- in Jae's panels, then I'll be super happy. I'm really just having fun with these guys. They feel like less of a chore than most of my other customs, and more of a fun little game. I'm sure that'll change when I get to Mr. Grim........or maybe not!;) 

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. roadblaster

roadblaster Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm so liking these guys it's unbelievable!!
    I do have to say that the bot mode of Slag here reminds me more of Snarl though. I think it is the angular chest that does it for me- now you,ve painted it red it is almost exactly the same as the ol' G1 Snarl toy. The position of the tracks on the back does it a bit too....a bit of gold drybrushing on them and this would be so Snarl!

Are you sticking with their functions? Swoop looks very 'bombardier' here. Snarl could be a Desert equipped jeep from the North African theatre, and Sludge could be all gunked up with slime from driving through the jungles of Burma? You could just stick jerry cans/shovels etc on the sides to existing tanks to 'WWII' them up a bit.