WWE 13: Return of the Attitude Era

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Gears, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

WWE '13 gets really real with WWE LIVE and Predator Technology 2.0 - YouTube

Confirmed roster

Pre-order bonus Mike Tyson:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

confirmed roster:

Attitude Era (32)

Animal
    Big Bossman
    Big Show (Attitude)
    Billy Gunn
    Bradshaw
    Bret Hart
    British Bulldog
    Cactus Jack
    Chris Jericho (Attitude)
    Christian (Attitude)
    Dude Love
    Eddie Guerrero
    Edge
    Faarooq
    Godfather
    Hawk
    John Cena Dr. Of Thuganomics
    Kane (Attitude)
    Ken Shamrock
    Lita
    Mankind
    Mark Henry
    Mike Tyson
    Mr. McMahon
    Road Dogg
    Shane McMahon
    Shawn Michaels
    Stephanie McMahon
    Stone Cold
    The Rock (Attitude)
    Triple H (Attitude)
    Trish Stratus
    Undertaker (Attitude)
    Vader
    X-Pac

Current Superstars (38)

Albero Del Rio
    Big Show
    Booker T
    Brock Lesnar
    Brodus Clay
    CM Punk
    Chris Jericho
    Christian
    Cody Rhodes
    Daniel Bryan
    David Otunga
    Dolph Ziggler
    Epico
    Heath Slater
    Hunico
    Jack Swagger
    JBL
    Jinder Mahal
    John Cena
    John Laurinitus
    Justin Gabriel
    Kane
    Kevin Nash
    Kofi Kingston
    Mark Henry
    Primo
    R-Truth
    Randy Orton
    Rey Mysterio
    Santino Marella
    Sheamus
    Sin Cara
    Ted DiBiase
    The Great Khali
    The Miz
    The Rock
    Triple H
    Undertaker
    Wade Barrett
    Zack Ryder

Divas (7)

Alicia Fox
    Beth Phoenix
    Brie bella
    Eve
    Kelly Kelly
    Kharma
    Nikki Bella

DLC

Damien Sandow
    AJ Lee

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    I'll probably get it eventually. I got WWE 12 in February.....worst decision EVER.

3. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I haven't bought a WWE game in a long, long time (last one was Here Comes The Pain) but since I love the Attitude Era I am going to keep an eye on this and if Reviews are positive I just may go for it.

4. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ Same here, will wait on reviews, but I haven't bought a WWE game since 2010. It just became the same after every year. Career/story modes never really drew me in.

I'm surprised to see Ken Shamrock on that list though.

5. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

I'm sure the core game itself will be still be fun, and is why I'm still playing WWE 12. But there's no way I'm buying this at launch for $60. Not after how THQ completely dropped the ball with WWE 12.

The online Community Creations is just flat out busted. And the last patch meant to fix it actually broke it to the point that it's non-functional.

I've never played online, but I've read elsewhere that it's close to unplayable.

There's a graphic issue with the CAW models that they never bothered to fix, mysterious white lines that appear all around the waste on the skin like a belt or just white areas that appear in Diva CAWs' nether regions.

Create-A-Moveset will sometimes glitch and lock up the game and my PS3 when previewing a move.

Copying a CAW's main attire to one of the alt atitire slots, and then editing that and saving the changes will sometimes reset their entrance to the default. And atleast once completely reset one of my CAW's moveset to default as well.

Downloading and installing something from the WWE Shop always resets your Universe Teams settings back to the default.

And probably a bunch of other things they just never bothered to fix. Regardless, I don't hate the game and I'm still having fun with it. Universe mode is seriously addicting. I still wanna get WWE 13, but no way I'm paying full price for it. Seriously debating whether or not to buy it new either.

6. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    If it has a real, dedicated single player/career mode, and not the junk from WWE '12, I'll be in.

7. bariprime

bariprime Elite Guard Commander

News Credits:
    I Will eventually end up buying it.

8. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The roster was confirmed today, and I updated the first post. The original list was missing a few people like the Acolytes and Dr. of Thuganomics Cena.

Confirmed Roster!

9. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Lita's in? Bought.

I hope to god they tweak Universe mode some more. It's a fun mode, but you need to have more control over it - as in booking feuds (the remarkable matches), seeing the feuds carry over and culminate in pay-per-views (or allow you to set how long they last), and the ability to completely remove selected wrestlers from appearing in your shows. I've heard there will be greater control and customizability, but I'm a little skeptical.

First game since Smackdown 2007 with Lita in it...BOUGHT.

10. Galaxy Convoy

Oh hell yes. Universe mode is A LOT of fun, but there's definitely room for lots of improvements. Greater control over fueds, flagging Superstars/Divas/CAWs as UM eligible or not, support for alternate atires, etc. And for the love of god, why can't I turn WWE Superstars into a 3rd brand with it's own belts, ECW or WCW or something?

Speaking of Universe mode, anyone else ever have any really weird or screwed up shit happen in theirs? I've just the one experience myself. I was watching a match beween Beth Phoenix and Layla and a mid-match cut scene happened where Stone Cold ran in and beat them both up and then left. Even stranger, after the cut scene Beth and Layla got up and started wrestling again, albeit more damaged from the attack AND the announcers were all "WTF was that!?". Hell after the match I checked Beth and Layla's settings and Stone Cold was added as a rival to both of them. I figure it had to be a glitch or something since male superstars aren't allowed to fight divas.

11. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hilarious.

12. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Good points you make. I do think that most of the problems with having a third brand stem from WWE oversight of the final product, and they're trying to push for an experience that is virtually similar to what you see or experience on TV. All well and good, but save that crap for the "Road To Wrestlemania" nonsense (which I haven't played in years), and let people customize to their heart's content in Universe mode - after all, it's supposed to be YOUR WWE Universe, right? Another good example is PPV's - you can alter them and change them all you want with a custom arena, custom name, etc. etc., but once it starts - if you took SummerSlam and renamed it to Backlash, you'll still get the advertisements for Summerslam and a Summerslam intro to start the show! Frustrating! I'd LOVE to make an all Diva show, using the Women's title for the Major title and the Diva's for the Minor - but it won't let you have a show with all Divas. Hell, I know THQ got raked over the coals mercilessly for claiming you'd be able to create a brand full of nothing but created superstars and not delivering in the retail game (it got patched but that took a while, and the patch broke other stuff too, as I understand it - the drama over that debacle made the bitching that goes on around here look quite tame). I'd love to be able to schedule shows on any day of the week, have the option for a third brand with it's own title group, and then be able to select what brands appear on a given PPV - because PPV's pull from all brands now. It'll be interesting to see what THQ claims they've done with Universe mode and how they deliver on it - I think part of the problem there is also that they design the game here, and it gets coded in Japan by Yuke's; the opinion held by some fans is that certain things get lost or garbled in translation and that's a reason the finished product isn't usually up to snuff.

I personally would have preferred to see GM mode return, or just marry it to Universe mode. That was one of the most enjoyable parts of Smackdown vs. RAW 2006 and 2007 for me, and I think they really blew it by getting rid of it.

And :lol  at Stone Cold interrupting a Diva's match. I haven't seen anything like that, but now and then I'll see a superstar walk ALL the way to the ring and pose only for a cutscene to interrupt showing that same superstar on the stage motioning someone else out... really? They couldn't have coded that scene to override the entrance?

I want to say I'll wait for reviews to hit before I buy it, but I know I'll probably pre-order it and get it release day. Since I mostly gave up on televised wrestling, the Xbox is about the only way for me to get my sports entertainment fix...

13. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

I'm suffering from a serious case of brand fatigue. I do tend to own this game, but I'll wait until this game hits the 20/30 dollar mark.

Not even Lita, a blonde Trish or AJ Lee, the Attitude Era isteslf can convince me to make WWE13 a day one buy.

Also why are the Bella Twins in the game when they're both fired?

14. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    You're not the only one. I know it won't ever happen, but it would be nice if they spent more than a year in development, and released a more polished game that would stick around for awhile.

What would really be nice is for something other than WWE to come out. Maybe Capcom could make a new Saturday Night Slam Masters.

15. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I think they're locked in to a yearly contract with WWE or they lose the license. Pretty much screws them over, and makes having an accurate roster impossible.

Scratching my head over the inclusion of the Bellas too....

16. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

notice that there are

2 Mark Henrys
    3 Triple Hs
    2 Dywanes
    2 John Cenas
    2 Undertakers
    2 Kanes
    2 Edges
    2 Chris Jerichoes
    2 Christians
    and 3 Mick Foleys

oh and you can use Attitude Era Rock, Attitude Era Mark Henry, The Godfather and Ron Simmons to recreate The Nation of Domination

17. Galaxy Convoy

I *kinda* am, but then again I haven't been buying these games every year either. Last one I bought before WWE 12 was SvR 2010, and that was about 2 months before SvR 2011's release, which I never got around to buying. Last one I got before that was 2008. Never had 2009 either.

As for the Bellas, probably another case of they were still employed by the WWE when the game and/or DLC was made.

18. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

Maybe its just me. I felt thq was better off making the games with a 2 year production cycle and focus their updates through dlc with the game they have.

19. bariprime

bariprime Elite Guard Commander

News Credits:
    >No Drew Mac
    >No Tensai
    >No Ryback
    >No Regal
    >No Steve Blackman

Come on THQ. I know you say WE HAVE DLC DON'T WORRY LOL but, these should have been in directly.

20. gil

gil Godmaster

There's also two Big Shows. the Attitude Era version called Paul Wight. Which is funny cause I don't think he was known as Paul Wight for more than a few weeks before going with Big Show.

And 3 Mick Foleys? I'm suprised there's no "Mick Foley".

I'm disappointed Sandow's a DLC. He would be wearing the IC belt when I play.

And speaking of belts. I'm hoping all the belts that showed up in WWE 12 return in WWE 13. And let's add the ECW TV, WCW US, and and WCW TV belts.