WWE 12 - Making it better every year

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by bariprime, Aug 4, 2011.

1. bariprime

bariprime Elite Guard Commander

News Credits:
    It's another year of THQ's wrestling simulation games. After THQ's previous comical wrestling game WWE Allstars, some changes were inspired and added like being able to break up some of the moves. Other new stuff include being able to reach to the ropes while in a submission, a new camera angle, and a new thing called "predator engine". And probably some other stuff I can't remember right now.

Reason I started this thread now is that roster reveal is this Sunday, during Summerslam Fan Axxess. They will announce all the characters, except one secret one and future DLC.

Here are some links and videos that might help:

‪WWE '12 John Cena vs The Miz Gameplay [Entrances + Full Match + Celebrations]‬‏ - YouTube

WWE '12 Development Q&A #6 | Smackdown vs Raw

2. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Hunh, finally dropping the "Smackdown vs RAW" title, eh? About time. Game looks decent enough. But I see the WWE Spinner Belt still looks like the toy replica version.

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not sure how I feel about the new default ringside view during matches. Here's some details I ganked from caws.ws:

Roster so far:

Raw

Alberto Del Rio
    John Cena
    The Miz

Smackdown

Randy Orton
    Undertaker
    Daniel Bryan

Divas

Kelly Kelly

Legend/Other

The Rock (Pre-order Bonus from Amazon and Toys R Us)

Confirmed Arenas:

Raw
    Smackdown

Official Info:

Total reboot of SvR series.
    Game is going to be released on PS3, X360 and WII.
    This year' s game is said to be "Bigger, Badder, Better".
    We will see 4 superstars in action at E3: John Cena, The Miz, Randy Orton and Alberto Del Rio.
    It was confirmed that we are going to see some WWE Legends in the game.
    Game' s DNA has been changed: new animation system and new blending methods.
    Ability to attack a opponent who perfoms ANY move - game is much more fluid.
    When a move is performed in the beginning of a match, the superstar who took beating will sell this move but will get up at the same time so that matches are much faster now and more unpredictable.
    When you are on the ground and your opponent aproaches, there will be a chance for you to strike him while still being on the mat.
    When a signature/finisher like 5-Knuckle Shuffle is performed, it will be done in exact place of ring your opponent is in the moment you started your move. No more teleporting to the center of the ring so that animation could work.
    When you or your opponent get slammed to the mat - the ring will react so it and ropes will bounce.
    Revamped menu looks.
    Game looks much better this year with new shaders and better technology. Depth of field will be used.
    IGN: "The days of analog stick grapples are over. Now, everything's going back to the face buttons of your favorite controller. Grapple, strike, pin and Finisher are all right there for the taking. There are no strong and weak grapples -- the moves you're pulling off are dependent on how worn down the opponent is."
    There is a limb targeting system implemented to the game - you can strike head to make your opponent groggy, body to make their stamina go down and their legs to slow them down.
    "Breaking Point" - new submission system in which two opponents tap buttons in a mini-game.
    New camera angle.
    Wake Up Taunts.
    Momentum meter is back as a meter with a name on it on the bottom of your screen.
    You can store two finishers.
    Dynamic Comebacks - combination of strike moves which you can use only once in whole match. Using it will give you two finishers.
    Better AI - now your opponent will learn the way you play this game and will come with a fine reversal.
    New pinning system. IGN: "It's still a metered system (hold a button to fill a meter and release it when it gets to a window on the meter), but the window moves around this time at random -- it won't always be in the same spot. Similarly, the window size varies on how beat up you are, and if you're pinned after the opponent hits his Finisher, the meter might not pop up to the two-count so you'd only have one shot at it."
    Justin Roberts, King and Cole are confirmed.
    Alberto Del Rio' s entrance will feature Ricardo Rodriguez.
    There are new "attach points" thanks to which arms and legs will not clip through bodies.
    Animations of moves depend on weight classes.
    IGN: "Unless your opponent is really hurting, expect to get just one ground grapple in. The right stick repositions opponents."
    THQ stated that they didn' t like what they got from RtWM last year, so they "went back to the drawing board a bit on that one". They also stated that they heard people' s problems with online play (lags etc.).
    Some submissions will let you to climb to the rope to get the rope break.
    RtWM will be back with new storylines.
    There were some changes done to Momentum system and Stamina system is back.
    WWE Universe 2.0 – the well known “WWE Universe” mode from SvR 2011 is back, but better then it was before. It will be easier and more beliveable with more action, rivalries, alliances, matches and action which will evolve dramatically.
    There is a “yet to be revealed” creation capability.
    Story Designer is back, but no info about it was released.
    Each Superstar/Diva/CAW will have 12 attributes this year: Strike Power, Grapple Power, Submission, Strike Defense, Grapple Defense, Speed, Agility, Adrenaline, Recovery, Toughness, Charisma, Tag Team.
    In-Ring introduction of Superstars and Divas confirmed for Title Matches.
    We will have both adrenaline and momentum meters in the final product, but their looks from E3 will be changed.
    Graphics are improved in every way: models, shadows, lighting and effects.
    Sound is still disappointing (crowd, commentary, effects), but entrance themes have reverb now.
    To perform the wake-up taunt you have to press “UP” on the D-Pad.
    If you perform your finisher right after doing your signature move it will be more powerfull.
    Operation Sports: “In a grapple situation, you press RB and a face button (on 360) to target a body part. The Y button is for the head, X or B is for the arms and A is for the legs. Each attack affects the body in different ways as well.”
    Alberto Del Rio’ s entrance contains his car.
    Gaming Ring: “(...)the kip up ability has now been replaced with something called a dramatic comeback in which when you reach a certain damage level, lets say orange from previous Smackdown games, you will have a prompt pop up and while you are on the ground you hit the Y button which activates a flashing bar that is integrated into your momentum bar and then when you hit your dramatic comeback this is done by running and press Y button. For example John Cena has his two running shoulder blocks and his spin out power bomb and you instantly earn a signature for the Five Knuckle Shuffle and then a finisher for the Attitude Adjustment. While all of this happens prompts pop up and its a war between who can time it the best, it works very much like tag team hot tag.”
    More than 60 new moves. Two running strikes from now on and better, upgraded movesets.
    Adrenaline meter is something like Stamina meter from previous SvR games. You will lose your adrenaline the fastest if you will be running a lot.
    Running attacks are much easier to reverse.
    Left Bumper button is the action button this year. You will get out/in the ring with it, interact with environment, climb the turnbuckle etc.
    Weapon Wheel is in almost every match type.
    You can’ t use finishers to break other’ s moves.
    HERE you can find new controls scheme, but you will be able to go back to the old (SvR 2011) controls.
    Transparency for Create a Wrestler mode is back.
    LaBelle Lock and Cattle Mutilation are in.
    For what it's worth, Zack Ryder's broski of the week sign is in the game, which MAY confirm him.
    Blood is back in the game, although it will be off in options.
    Limitations for Diva's is the same as last year.
    The game is still 60 frame per seconds.
    Weapon physics are still in.
    They recorded some heel commentary lines for Micheal Cole.
    No new weapons.
    The whole roster will be revealed in August.
    There will be two top rope moves in the moveset.
    While in the match, titantrons will work like in real life - they will show what' s going on in the ring, last year it was just show logo.
    Two running strikes is back in.
    Randy Orton will have an ALT attire with him having a beard.
    Everyone has a wake up taunt.
    Diva's will NOT be in 6 man matches again.
    Flailing arms during run off Irish Whip fixed.
    Reach animation before signatures/finishers removed.
    WWE Titles size increased.
    Added a TON of call names this year.
    Different servers for online. Byebye Gamespy.
    Big plans for DLC.
    70 unlockables including superstars, divas, legends, alt attires, arenas, championships.
    The difficulties will be increased. Quote, "Normal will be more like Legendary."
    Exit themes are in!
    No triple tag matches*
    Replays are still in.
    New ref model.
    Custom Skin tones are NOT in.
    Attribute levels do not determine Grapple Reach speed in WWE '12. Instead this speed is determined by the weight class of the Superstars. Each weight class has a corresponding Grapple Reach speed. As an example, Cruiserweights will have a faster reach speed than Heavyweights.
    Can mute sound in options menu.
    The commentary team for WWE '12 is Michael Cole and Jerry "The King" Lawler.
    Not only we will obviously update many of the arenas to match the WWE's PPV schedule, but we are also introducing some new, never before seen arenas that will be unlockable in Road To WrestleMania.
    Undertakers music is the original, not Aint No Grave.
    In WWE '12 an outside Superstar or Diva will be able to interrupt single moves (2 person moves) and double-team moves (3 person moves).
    Free roaming arenas will NOT be in.
    Added cutscenes in universe.
    No shining wizards back in.
    AI of Managers and all around AI improved.
    New animations will be including in create a storyline.
    Confirmed: Mini-trons, Side-trons, Curve-trons, banner movies are all in during entrances.
    More pinning combos are in.
    The Comeback Moment is an ability that can be assigned to any Superstar, Created Superstar or Diva. Once the ability has been assigned, you will have the ability to go into Create-A-Moveset and select your Comeback Moment combo.
    Animated blood and sweat system.

July 28th:

WWE created an opening movie for the game similar to raw or smackdown's but themed for WWE '12 and the game has it's own theme song.
    There are two separate pre-order bonuses - the first being The Rock in his current attire (tattoos etc). That will be available from Amazon, Toys R Us and Gamestop
    The second pre-order bonus being from Gamestop where you get an in-game t-shirt and suit attire for the Miz.

July 30th:

Running Springboard confirmed.
    Running Apron attacks fixed.
    Some character specific reversals.
    A.I punishes you for taunting.
    32 layers on ps3.

4. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Chance of me getting this game will go up drastically if Bret Hart's in it. :) 

5. bariprime

News Credits:
    Thanks Gears for what I left out, I am personally hyped as ussual. And I am going to buy this like I do every year no matter how bad others say it is.

6. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

I haven't played '11 so I don't know what they fixed this year

I would like to see them drop the whole "momentum" system and replace it with a punish/reward system. The more you use a move, the longer the window for your opponent to reverse it. I'm bored of matches where my opponent (or even I for that matter) can spam 2 moves, though it might be realistic for a Scott Steiner match.

The same for using a finisher. There's a concept in fighting games of a "punish," a combo of moves you can release when your opponent misses a move. Instead of building to a finisher I would like to see the player able to attempt the finisher at any time and if they miss, they suffer the consequences, perhaps something like the comeback combo. Imagine going for the Attitude Adjustment against Rey and it instead resulting in a 619.

And while I like the mini-game system for eliminating opponents in the Rumble, it needs to be balanced so that it's not so easy to eliminate a fresh opponent.

As far the mystery create-a-mode, I'm hoping for the return of "Create a Venue."

7. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Oh hell yeah, Create-A-Venue would be awesome. And it makes sense when you think about it. Custom created PPV arenas for use in Create-A-Story mode would be perfect.

8. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  9. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh wow, that's a really nice page they have for that.

I haven't gotten a wrestling game since like Smackdown 04 or something like that. I might have to pick this up especially since I just looked and they do have CM Punk coming out to Cult of Personality.

10. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    WWE12_Punk_Enter_YT.mp4 - YouTube

11. bariprime

News Credits:
  12. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Fucking Demolition on the roster, YES!

13. Predaking

Still 14 open spots available. Let's hope Bret Hart, Jim Neihart, British Bulldog, The Dynamid Kid, and Goldberg are among them.

14. gil

gil Godmaster

If Vader can do the Moonsault, I'm buying the game!

14 spots left? HBK, Hitman, Jericho and Brock Lesner. Maybe the Macho Man?

15. Predaking

Forgot about those legends. Yes them too please.

16. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

Even with create-an-arena, I wasn't planning on picking this up, but Demolition and LOD makes me seriously consider it. It's a buy if DDP is one of the other fourteen.

17. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a bad feeling Michael Cole is going to be in it. Im still looking forward to this game. The last one I bought was 2010 and I liked it alot. I have Allstars on the PSP and its a fun game and apparently theyre getting the best parts of that game into this one. I like that. I hated the analog grapples. Im hoping to see Bret Hart, Bulldog, Macho Man, Warrior and I know its a long shot but WCW Sting.

18. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Confirmed. :lol 

[​IMG]

19. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nooooooooooooo! Lol

20. bariprime