WW2 Games

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by mrhillz, Apr 19, 2007.

1. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting a little tired of World War 2 games. I mean, you can only storm Normandy so many times before it almost seems like a chore. I've raided Berlin enough times that I could probably go there for real and know my way around. I've liberated Stalingrad so often that I should deserve a real medal. World War 2 has been almost beaten to death in my opinion, how do you guys feel about it.

2. drippy

drippy Well-Known Member

I was sick of them years ago.

3. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Yeah, its getting old which depresses me because I love shooters and games centered around military combat. WW2 shooters are becoming very ultra generic experiences.

I'll give Company of Heros credit though when it comes to RTS'.

4. Shipley

Shipley extremely online

News Credits:
    well it was the last great war. Vietnam wasn't exactly our finest hour, and a game based on any modern war would by nature have to involve the politics of the war on terror, the iraq invasion, etc. Probably a lot of gameplay potential there, but honestly I won't play anything based on an actual event like that because its creepy and to me seems disrespectful.

5. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    "Storming Normandy is starting to seem like a chore" is probably the funniest thing I've read on the internet all week.

6. Mr. Wholesome

Mr. Wholesome WWOD What Would Ops Do?

Ebay:
    I still love them, but I am sure to check on a game that doesn't just repeat the same battles from another game. Like Normandy, there's only one way to go about that battle. But I look at other battles, games may have the same battle but from a different and fresh perspective, you'll be the Americans in one game but the Russians or British in another. I could care less if its the same battle as long as I see it from a different allies side.

Personally I like COD, they really have not repeated themselves but instead have included even the smallest battle of the war for you to play but still feel lilke it's part of the bigger picture.

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'm not a huge fan of the whole squad based game thing; my favourite WW2 game is Return To Castle Wolfenstein. :p 

8. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I'm not tired of them. The Call of Duty titles can be very intense and are great fun to play through on Veteran, CoD3's single player took a step back but is still fun. I'm a fan of the Brothers in Arms games as well. Medal of Honor does need to stop, they haven't been up to par for a few games now.

The WWII setting is very interesting to me but I play the games more because they're shooters more than for the setting.