Minor/Repaint: WW Kickback

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Ravenxl7, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hi all. This was actually my first kitbash. I was looking threw my box of extra parts and found him. He didn't turn out as good as I was hoping, but looking at him now, he isn't as bad as I remember. I was going to make the other two out of a Cybertron Clocker (Shrapnel) and a Cybertron Swindle (Bombshell), but never did get around to it. He may not be perfect, but I've decided to include him with my Universe Decepticons, which is basically every Decepticon I have that doesn't fit in with either my Classics group of Decepticons, or the movie group of Decepticons. Not expecting this thread to be much longer than a page. Not exactly a kitbash that looks all that good. Especially compared to most kitbashes posted on here.

Attached Files:

2. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    It doesn't look bad. You did what you could to make him into your version of Kickback.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. The only really big issue this guy has is that all of his joints are tight. I made this before I realized that you should sand down areas that will be rubbing against each other. Although the paint has stayed on pretty good. I've still got the purple I used on him too, as I hand painted it on him, and haven't really used it since then. Where the paint has worn a bit it actually has a nice look to it. Not exactly what I would call battle damage, but it does add a nice look to him.

4. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

Don't be so down on your self, Ravenx17. It looks great. All the colors look clean and really bring out that Kickback look. You should really complete the trio.

5. Ezilla82

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Did you like the wheels as is or did you thought it would look better painted? But still its a nice custom and you did your very best to make it work and thats the truth.

6. Sideways

Sideways Banned

I have the same figure.Never thought of seeing it as Kickback!
    :thumbs2:  I likes it.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. For my first custom it did turn out pretty good. I'm thinking about doing the other two, as I still have the Swindle and Clocker I was going to originally paint. Though I'll need to find Clocker, as I have no idea where he is, but I do know where his gun is.

I actually like the wheels as-is. The transparent yellow color looks good with the black, purple, and yellow colors that come along with the Insecticons. It also makes him look more futuristic/Cybertronian.

Thanks. The wheel assembly behind his head in bot-mode got me thinking, and it reminded me of Kickback.

8. Ezilla82

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Oh I see well thanks for the answer to my question.

9. chlokai

chlokai Well-Known Member

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. I might actually try something like your versions. Might see if Target still has any of the Movie scouts left, as that's the only way I'm going to get the mold you've used for Bombshell. Not sure where I'm going to get some of the extra parts, though I have a couple ideas. I've already transformed Kickback here into the insect-mode, like yours. I've got some additional things I now want to do to my version of him. Though nothing too major. I just hope I can find my Clocker. So far all I've been able to find is his gun and one of his pipe thingies. Not sure what I'll do with Swindle now. I might turn him into Beachcomber or someone.

11. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Looks good to me! I say do the other two like you planned! The only minor gripe would be may be nod the head a little to be more Shrapnel!!:thumbs2: 

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Umm...don't you mean Kicback? (since that's who this is supposed to be). Or are you saying this looks more like Shrapnel? Either way I plan to do more with this guy, and hopefully I'm able to get a figure for Bombshell, and find my Clocker figure.

13. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    No, my friend, I just "stepped out" there for a second!:dunce  I did mean Kickback, I had Insecticons on the brain!:crazy: 

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ok, lol. Oddly enough I made the same mistake when I first made the thread. I had accidentally titled the thread WW Shrapnel. It's a good thing I always go back and check everything after making a thread, and was lucky enough to realize I had put the wrong name up.

15. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Man, I really like this. You really should make more customs, bud. :wink: 

16. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    I like what you have going here it's a unique take and I like unique things.

You should do more, you already proved you are very good at digibashes you should try more customs.

:) 

17. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

I think keeping the transparent yellow is a great throwback to the G1 insecticons. This is a great attempt at a WW Kickback, and I'd urge you to keep on bashing.

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Little Update: I've recently been able to find the Cybertron Clocker I'll be turning into Shrapnel. Will probalby start work on him on Monday, as I plan on doing some more work on my Megatron and Raven-XL7 kitbashes that day.

Thanks. I have more planned, but it may take me a while to get them done (I'm taking a total of 5 classes this semester).

Thanks. I've got two in the works atm, and have some more planned. Not sure when I'll be able to finish them, but I'll definitely take some pictures and post them. Maybe even submit them for the galleries, and maybe they'll actually be added (unlike the pictures of my Overlord kitbash that I submitted almost a year ago, but were never added).

Thanks. I still need to get ahold of a Skyblast for Bombshell though.

19. VestigialHeart1

VestigialHeart1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I were you I'd use E. Skyblast for WW Shrapnel since he was a plane in the comics. Maybe one of the E. basic tanks would work well for Bombshell.

Either way your Kickback looks sharp. Good luck getting the rest of the Insecticon team together!

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. Actually, I've decided to go with the insectoid look (I should have a mod change the title for me). I'm going to base my versions of them off of chlokai's versions, but will be adding in some of my own personal touches.