WW Chicago, the comics and stuff

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Wreckgar, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Yep, comics and stuff. The toys are HERE. But here's the meat and potatoes of the show.

First, the stuff
    [​IMG]

I got some stuff CGCed.
    - X-Factor 1 signature series by Peter David. Graded 9.6
    - Superman 75 signature series by Dan Jurgens. Grade 8.5
    - Daredevil 1 qualified graded. Grade 9.0 (has Palmiotti, Smith, and Quesada signatures but due to it not being witnessed by CGC it's not sig series.)
    - Iron Man 7 sketch variant. grade 9.6

JLA 108-115
    Iron man issues 12, 37, 49, 72, 111, 141, 146, 148
    Ult Iron Man variant 1
    JLU 10
    Superman Annual 1991
    JSA 39
    Newstime, death of Superman
    Virgin Comics 0
    Iron Man movie poster
    Autobot movie magnet

Then the autographs
    [​IMG]

Sentry v1 #1 variant and SDCC - Paul jenkins
    Frontline 1 WWChi exclusive - Jenkins
    Hawkman 1 - Geoff Johns
    GL Rebirth 1 Johns
    Phoenix Endsong 1 - Greg Land
    Battle Pope 1 - Tony Moore (already had Kirkman)
    52 1 - Keith Giffen
    Superman/Batman 1 - Jeph Loeb
    Superman/Batman 13 - Loeb (already had Turner)
    Batman 609, 612 - Loeb (already had Lee)
    Heroes Reborn Captain America 1 - Rob Leifeld (already had Loeb from 2001)
    Iron Man 7 regular and variant - Zircher
    Cable Deadpool 20 - Zircher
    Thomas Jane 8x10

Now some of you are probably wondering why I got Cable Deadpool 20 signed. (Besides that it has 3 georgous women on it.) Well here's the answer

[​IMG]

And didn't cost much either but man is it beautiful. I was originalyl trying to get an Iron man page but he didn't have them back yet. He had a ton of C/D splashes and covers and some T-Bolts stuff but the C/D covers were fantastic, especialy for the cost. I may actually get another.

So that's the total. I spend under $400 on toys, comics, and art which I consider a good con.

2. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

Nice haul. That C&D cover is pretty sweet.

3. Optimus_Prime84

Optimus_Prime84 Well-Known Member

I love that poster how much did you pay for it? And where could i get myself one?

Nice haul btw

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

*zombiereaches for all the neat stuffs*

5. Wreckgar

News Credits:
    The poster was free. I actually got like 6 of them. Marvel was handing them out.

6. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Hot damn that's some sweet swag!

I've got a copy of Supes 75 signed by Brett Breeding or whatever his name is. Not graded obviously, since I had him sign it the day the issue came out :p 

7. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, I miss Zircher on Cable & Deadpool. He was so perfect for that book. :( 

And very nice haul. I love that issue of JSA.

8. Wreckgar

News Credits:
    Zircher is such an underrated artist. Hopefully his run on Iron Man makes people realize his talent.

9. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Marvel was handing out the Iron Man posters...?

I'm hoping they're sending them out to comic shops to hand out to customers for free...I know I'd definitely get one.

10. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice...I was there too, more for toys than comics and autos but I was able to snag a few. I was so ill prepared for autographs so all I had with me was Jeph Loeb stuff (who I never got to see) and Civil War #1...So I had people sign my damned program, and got Joe Quesada to sign my Civil War ish.

But nice hauling there. Did you attend the Smith panel? That was the only one I was able to make.

11. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

I got a ton of old silver age books in real nice condition. One table had a half off sale and I must of spend $200 at that sale alone! Most notable I picked up avengers(1st) 58 orgin and joining of vision, 95 neal adams kree/skrull war, thor 131 1st ego, amazing spidey 70,75,76,79, fantastic four 51 this man, this monster and 65 first Ronan the accuser, batman 239 neal admas batman santa cover, 1st 2 issues of mister miracle by jack kirby and captain america 113 sternanko. I got a lot of issues of that period but those are some of the best. I also got Turner, Jenkins, and the extremely talented and friendly John Romita Jr. It made my weekend to meet Romita, I am a huge fan of his work. I also picked up fantastic four masterworks 6, marvel legend vision and Ms marvel and rebirth Hal Jordan. It was a great time but I still failed to get Johns, Loeb, and the brothers Kuberts autographs.

12. Wreckgar

News Credits:
    Yea, I missed the Kuberts as well. I managed to get Loeb because I decided to use my exhibitor privlidge and get in line before the doors opened Sunday. Doors opened at 10, he was supposed to sign at 10. But sure enough, he was 1/2 hour late. Ah well, still got him. Turner I managed to accidentally get last year and Jenkins I went up to randomly after his signing.

Romita is a great guy. I met him a few years ago. However I completely forgot his first Iro nman book at home and didn' tget it signed. Next time. Johns I only got because I became friends with one of the DC Direct guys and he got it signed for me.

If you know how, you can get most autographs pretty easily. I got most of mine on friday within the span of 2 hours.