WTF was all this "clan" talk?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by optimus kimchee, Jul 3, 2010.

1. optimus kimchee

optimus kimchee Well-Known Member

I am starting to get burned out on WFC for one reason and one reason only... NO DAMN TEAMWORK, NO DAMN MICS, NO COMMUNICATION!

Here it is double exp weekend and every friggin conquest match I have to resort to catching nodes alone and getting killed by a team based pack of 2-4 while I am always alone.

I have team mates who pass the node I am trying to capture all the time.

I turn my mic on to try and get some organization going on to maximize our exp by running around as a pack... yeah, big fat no go!

We all gave our PSN IDs and I havent done anything team based with headsets and communication except escalation and co-op!

I average 6000 points each match today because it seems everyone is a bunch of mindless idiots running around with their heads cut off!

What a freaking joke!

TFW2005 clan my ass! I used to play counter strike, quake, unreal... and had CLANS that scheduled times to play, used headsets and had a strategy for each map and game mode... my my how "clans" have changed in the past decade!

They should have made your custom characters level up with escalation, then at least the game could be played as it was designed for! COMMUNICATION AND TEAM WORK!

2. Hate-triot

Hate-triot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds like someone is a bitter Bob. Good thing I have friends in real life to game with.

3. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Frankly, I don't own a mic nor do I have any intention of getting one. The only thing I really hear out of them is gibberish and to be honest, I kind of find them annoying. Nor do I see what your problem is. Whether running around randomly or in groups, I have fun either way. Then again, the majority of the time during the matches we just had we were on opposing sides most of the time weren't we? Maybe I just tended to be paired up with the more cooperative group. Either way, I'm certainly not losing any sleep over this.

4. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    yeah on the PS3, you can't hear anybody on the mike, even with volume turned up at a good level, so i just mostly ignore it

but i do need a mike to play along with my fellow wreckers in the PS3 wreckers clan

5. RipCurl

RipCurl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    maybe not everyone has a mic. i have one for the xbox but its shit , does this wierd buzzing sound so i dont use it. my not just play deatmatch where there is no teamwork involved

6. zark225

zark225 Talon Productions on YouTube

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I like playing with teams online and I liek the online play on WFC but I don't have a mic. I wouldnt mind communicating with people with one but when someone uses in a game I'm in I typically can't understand most of what their saying.

7. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I never liked teamplay and I found it very exaggerated when people started using headsets. I prefer Deathmatches and everyone fighting on his own.

8. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a mic, but again, I'm in the same boat as you. Almost no one else uses it, so I can't. (And when someone else IS using it, you inevitably get put on the opposite team as them. I wish you could pick your teams...) It's not really needed for stuff like Team Deathmatch, but I really would've appreciated it if more people use it for the more tactical, teamwork-based modes.

9. Kranix

Kranix Banned

everytime you get a mic involved, you have one kid on there singing, shouting obscene words or just being an ass..... no thanks

10. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

Give it time. One day a videogame will come out that will allow you to control every action of those you play with. Until then, you're going to have to deal with the fact that not everyone wants to play like you do.

11. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    This. Its just a game. Play it.

12. optimus kimchee

Look there is NO reason to attempt to insult me, I didnt attck any of you!

I was just trying to express my frustration and opinion.

No i am not losing sleep as you assume... smartass.

I'm going to stick to deathmatch since the team based modes lack team work. Ill do conquest but ill capture nodes and move on.

And since no one got my post... I was referring to the fact there is no TFW clan.

I have fun... in death match and escalation.

Thank you for all your super understanding about team work and clans.

I just come from a background of PC gaming with team work and dont see any unless I am leading a escalation match or co-op game!

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    He's TRYING to.

But in a mode based on cooperation, where no one is cooperating, that's kind of hard to do.

14. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Exactly. I had two prime (excuse the pun), examples of this earlier in Conquest. The first team I was on were spread all over the map while the enemy team is moving like a force to each location.

You can imagine how that turned out.

The next match was a complete turned around, and we dominated. Why? because we were working like a team.

I really do wish that we could get XP while in a private match, because it would be a lot easier to organize sessions in here. I try to join with most of you in the MP matches but can never get in because they are full.

15. super mecha

super mecha Well-Known Member

I play with people i know. We all have a preset role. Most matches we win 40-10

16. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I get where you're coming from, man. There is nothing more frustrating in a team environment to be basically ignored/betrayed/et al by your team. Especially when the other side is coordinating attacks and doing it right. Believe me, I'm with you.

The only thing I can really recommend is the solo play, regular deathmatch, et al. If people don't want to play teams, fine, screw em and go get your game on elsewhere. You can't make people work together, unfortunately, and until you find a solid crew to game with, I'm afraid it'll be tough going.

17. optimus kimchee

It is just pathetic to see conquest matches treated like deathmatch or team deathmatch.

While I am capturing nodes I see my teammates out in the open no where near a node having a fire fight.

They will spawn right beind me and I am capturing a node alone and they will drive right past me to rejoing the fire fight against 1-2 of the opposing side.

Mean while here comes a pack of 3-4 to kill me while my teammates run past me on a node.

Now on my leader I can actually take out the packs when they attack me when I'm alone (bomb, mine, war cry, fusion cannon with jumping and melee).

Those people should be playing team deathmatch, deathmatch or power struggle.

So I just take my happy ass to the nodes and capture them and kill when I can.

On my leader during 2x exp I get 15,000 exp per match.

The rest I get 4,000-7,000 per match :( 

18. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Yeah, this was happening in a match I was in too. As soon as it started they flew clear across the map directly to the enemy base instead of capturing the node that was right in front of them. It's like something that they don't seem to understand. you are suppose to be trying to capture points in Conquest, not trying to net kills. You get faster points by getting the capturing the area.

19. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Whoa. Guess I really do tend to be a lot more lucky in that aspect. Whenever I play Conquest, I usually run into several guys who at least stick around until the node is conquered. Maybe I just have better luck of the draw.

20. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...You can't get XP in a private match?! Wow, that's... completely idiotic.

*has only played MP one night so far so is a n00b in this respect*