WTF @ TFW - TFAs3e06 - Five Servos of Doom

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Apr 5, 2009.

1. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it came through

2. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Just popped the DVD in and rewatched it. It doesn't really show. During OP's "all cogs in the great Autobot Machine" speech, the space bridge suddenly activates, and a bunch of rocks come through, then he deactivates the space bridge.

But right after that he sees the glowing light from the Allspark under a rock. Ratchet mentions that they didn't find the Allspark, that it found them. So I guess that might imply that it came through. It's not shwon though.

But in the flashback when Ratchet is telling the legend of the Allspark, it clearly shows the Allspark being thrown through a space bridge (in fact, Ratchet even says "it was sent through a space bridge, hidden in some far flung corner of the galaxy where no one would ever find it").

3. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Yeah I just rewatched it as well. Hopefully this won't turn into a plot hole like Prowl thinking Yokitron was still alive then later in the ep we see him standing over him as Yokitron dies.

So let me amend my earlier query. I wonder who set the coordinates for the space bridge when the allspark was sent through it and what happened to that bot afterwards. Surely they wouldn't want anyone to know in case that bot was captured by the Decepticons. Surely they wouldn't want to just set it for "random" the darn thing might pop out in an area populated by Decepticons.

4. Protoman

Protoman The Legendary One Veteran

News Credits:
    One day I will get one these podcasts....... for now I am stuck with the canadians

5. GogDog

News Credits:
    That makes us brothers yet enemies. We will be forced to fight to the death before the sun sets on our lives for good.

6. Optimus997

Optimus997 Well-Known Member

Hey WTF@TFW podcasters, just wanted to say thanks for all the good work, and for making one of the most entertaining podcasts around. Your synopses of Animated Season 3 are actually quite insightful, and whether the show is as deep as we'd like it to be, I think there are lots of intelligent and thorough writers on the show that tend to keep all their ducks in a row and have created an incredibly deep universe with a great mythos. Anyways, good on ya'll, and keep up the good work!

7. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    I'm just kinda wondering why in this podcast you guys rail on those who would watch the leaked version of the episode while sitting there recording and no doubt playing with stolen toys? Last time I checked, Hasbro didn't get a cut from the thieves who stole them and sold them to you. I'm pretty sure that the money they don't get from people buying stolen toys is real money, and measurable. While I most certainly watched the crappy online leak, I also enjoyed it again on my 65 inch widescreen HDTV with dual subwoofers cranked up and my son sitting on my lap holding his bought-at-retail Bumblebee toy. I don't own stolen toys, and I buy my Transformer dvd's, which Hasbro gets their share of. To say that one might buy stolen goods and then later on buy them again at retail, I also buy multiples of certain toys! At retail!! Hasbro makes money twice!!!
    Remember this scene from Serenity:
    Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: [the Operative has politely asked Mal to return River] You have to open with payment.
    The Operative: That is a trap. I offer money, you'll play the man of honor and take umbrage; I ask you to do what is right and you'll play the brigand. I have no stomach for games.

That's what I was thinking when I heard you guys go off on that topic, saying one thing about the tv show, but doing the opposite when it comes to the toys.

P.S. this only applies to the podcast members who are the hypocrites who buy stolen merchandise and then tell listeners not to watch leaked episodes online.

and now I'm wondering what kind of moral high ground answer will be posted...lol

8. GogDog

News Credits:
    ??

We never told anyone not to watch the leaked episodes. We said that if you are, make sure you watch it again on Saturday morning. That is the same thing Derrick Wyatt told people on his twitter. Besides, Vangeus never said don't watch teh leaks, he said it was sad because the season ends faster. He, nor anyone else, ever stated not to watch it. In fact, he made it clear by restating that more than once. So I'm sorry you misunderstood.

As for the stolen toys, the two i bought were made from discarded figures that were thrown away. The decent parts were gathered enough to make a usable figure. So Hasbro did not lose any money from it. That's what I was told, anyway, so I can't help it if I was lied to. No moral high-ground here, friend. I can't speak for Vangelus.

It's kinda funny how you come here with an agenda. It's one thing to ask a serious question, it's another to provoke people and make smart "inb4" comments before anyone can even respond. It shows that you aren't looking for anything other then an argument. Hopefully I just misunderstood you.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  9. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This is kinda funny. The only one I see here with a "Moral High Ground" is Otispq. Who was the one making accusations toward another? Otispq. Who is the one pushing on their viewpoint heavily towards another? Otispq.

I've been meaning to say this for a while, so here goes:

Actually, if you pay more attention instead of looking for flame-bait, you'll notice that GogDog only did it once (And the reason was stated in his last post) and the only other person that HAS done it (Vangelus) usually goes out and buys the toys.

Get off your high horse for a minute. You don't own any stolen chinese toys. Okay. Whoo. But even if you have a problem with it, understand that you can't do a thing about it. It's their money, they spend it however the hell they want. Don't try to go "Don't do it becauz it's bad, k?" about it because of whatever morals you have. Are you the one doing it? No. Because of your own personal morals. Do others need to go your way as well? No. That's because it's YOUR few point.

So you buy multiples? WHOOP-DEE-FUCKING-DOO. Doesn't mean you are any better than anyone else. You buy the DVDs and watch the shows while they air? Wow. Listen to the podcast and see that despite any leaks, they do too! Hurray!

Guess what? I don't buy stolen chinese toys, I watch the leaks and buy the DVDs (I have stuff I need to do every Saturday morning. Guess I shouldn't do that either.), I buy the toys at retail, and I do my hardest to support the fandom. I hate whenever people just post to start a fight, claiming their way is the way to go, and further dividing an already splintered fandom apart. The fandom as a whole will never agree with each other, but that's fine- but there is no sense on trying to force-feed others their view.

10. Motor_Master

News Credits:
    Umm didn't Vangelus specificially say that the intent of his rant was NOT to rail against people who watched the leaked episodes online? There were no discenting opinions either. You didn't hear GodDog/Drew/Seth come in and say "No I'm sorry Vangelus I'm going to rail on those who watched the leaked episodes."

What Vangelus did make reference to are those who will watch the leaked episodes, then 6 - 8 months from now complain how there are no new episodes to watch, when they could have paced themselves by waiting till the episodes actually aired.

11. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Without taking the time to quote and highlight each response, No I was not trying to flame-bait anyone. Yes, I do feel like I was being given a "Do as I say, not as I do" hypocritical speech on the podcast. Whenever new toys pop up months in advance and people on the podcast are laughing about the stolen nature of them, and showing no care nor remorse for the criminal acts they are supporting, then tell others that they should be held to a higher standard than themselves, that's rather annoying. I just wanted to point that out, not incite riots or further divide a fandom. I quite clearly mentioned that I was only talking to the people who buy the stolen toys, not all the members who contribute to the podcast(s). And regardless of any disclaimers (my own included, obviously) the intent/feeling presented in the podcast was one that seemed like a parent telling a child what to do and then they go do something similarly the opposite, in full view of the child. IE: I obviously created negative feelings for secretcode when I was not including him in the original statement at all. Does my disclaimer mean that I should tell him to bugger off cuz I wasn't talking to him? No. In that same manner I felt that I was being told the equivalent of a homophobic saying "Not that there's anything wrong with that" when clearly they think that there is. The disclaimer is a political correct way of saying what you want to say, then handing yourself a get out of jail free card. I simply was saying in my original post that even with a disclaimer that is totally bogus I felt like I was being told what to do by people who dont' follow their own advice.

I wasn't looking for an argument, I was looking for some enlightenment by the people who contribute to the podcasts that maybe what they say, especially when considered from not just one single podcast but when taken as a whole, creates a mental image and profile of who they are, and regardless of how true to real life that image may be, it allows for someone to comment on it. Like myself. In other words, don't spend hours telling people about yourself and then when they make a comment about it turn around and tell them that they are just looking for an argument and a flame-baiter when that person is just calling it as they see it. I'm not trying to say I'm a better person, but I am totally saying that I don't like be talked to hypocritically by the podcasters. If someone wants to reply to this by getting pissed off and going off on me personally, know that I included my buying/viewing habits to show that I wasn't being a hypocrite myself. I do what I can to support Hasbro and their products legally and don't appreciate being told that I should support Hasbro/Cartoon Network the way the 'caster's tell me to when they themselves don't necessarily support them themselves.

Is it flame-baiting to say that maybe the podcasters could have the same level of honesty and integrity that they ask of the listener? If that's flame-baiting then people don't get enough of the real world. I for one think that telling people that they spelled something wrong is rather childish, but asking them not to tell me to uphold a higher standard than they are willing to adhere to is not childish, but civilized. I apologize if I wasn't clear on that, I just wanted to let the folks who make the podcasts know how I felt when I listened to what they were saying regarding the leaked episodes etc. etc. Letting someone know how you feel is a very healthy part of any good relationship. If I told my wife that she incorrectly spelled something, or that she gets minus points for what she did all the time the relationship would sour. But by giving her some constructive criticism that she can use to improve herself, and not by telling her off, the relationship matures. Is it wrong for me to say that I'd like to see a bit more maturity in the podcasts? I don't think so. But if the response is that the podcasters want to maintain the level they currently occupy, that's ok too. It is okay to ask for things and be told no, and it doesn't mean your trying to incite rage and disgust by doing the asking. It just means that I had a thought on the topic, disagreed and posted my disagreement. If the podcasters choose to disagree with me, I'm not going to tell them that they are flame-baiting me. That's what this thread exists for, discussion of ideas, right? You'll no doubt notice in my opening statement of the prior posting that my whole post was regarding the question "Why". Why would you say one thing to us, and then do another for yourself? It's a question that begs an answer, nothing else. Feel free to comment on my comments, I won't take them as personal attacks. Let the discussion flow. Maybe we'll find the answer to my question!

12. GogDog

News Credits:
    That's just it, we never told anyone to do anything. We said it sucks that what is probably going to be the last season of animated might get dumped out in a matter of days instead people getting to enjoy it over time. In no way did we ever tell anyone what to do, or what they should do, save for my comment that for ratings ssake, at least watch it again on Saturday morning. So never did we tell anyone that they should be held to any standard at all. Therefore, your entire complaint is based on a misunderstanding on your part. I appreciate your passion, but you are accusing people of doing something they have not done. You have every right to discuss your opinion here, and we encourage it! But just make sure that you have your facts in good order before making such accusations.

I already stated my position on buying the toys. In fact, I know my toys were garbage bound because of the amount of blemishes on the figure. You can agree with it or not, that's up to you. But it has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

13. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will very openly state that I skipped most of the posts because they're based on someone who thinks we told him to do something when we didn't, and is offended by what he's misheard.

I can guarantee you that I was coming down on the situation of the leaks, and entirely because they would have made the season come to an end quicker had they continued. :D  Anything you've taken personally or hypocritically from that is entirely up to you, and I wish you the best of luck with it! But there's no fight to be had here, I'm afraid.

14. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Because I didn't. =\
    - secretcode

15. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So I listened last night and had an amazing theory, and now I can't think of it. That's what happens when I have to stock easter crap all night.

Edit: I remember!!!

Theory: Lockdown is really working for Megatron (haven't yet seen the second half of season 2, so if this is proven invalid just skip ahead, the rest can stand without it). The decepticons on Earth are allowing themselves to be captured and kept aboard the Omega Sentinal ship as their way to get to Cybertron in lieu of the Space Bridges being shut down. Once there, following that impending recall order discussed on the show, Shockwave breaks them out and the final showdown begins!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  16. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's some good thinking. I can see that happening.

17. Motor_Master

News Credits:
    I had a similar thought rolling around in my head as well. Which would tie in very well with the Shockwave is now disguised as Magnus theory.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  18. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Next one of these will hopefully be edited and posted tonight! Unless I pass out. Damned bastard narcolepsy!

19. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

yay! i noticed on twitter you guys where recording today.

20. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Woot finally some free time, can't wait to listen to this later today =D